Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Five Great Imperial Generals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which imperial general do you like best? Why?
Kwanda Rossman--for his Burning Mirror
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Kwanda Rossman--for his sense of killing the elves
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Millich Oppenheimer--for his Poisonous Flowers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Millich Oppenheimer--for his sense of romantics
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Teo McDohl--for his loyalty to the emperor
25%
 25%  [ 27 ]
Teo McDohl--for his resistance even against his son
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Kasim Hazel--for his skill in combat and sword
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Kasim Hazel--for his achievement among the generals
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Sonya Schulen--for her love to Teo McDohl
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Sonya Schulen--for her beauty and charisma
21%
 21%  [ 23 ]
I do not like any general of the SME since I vow my loyalty to the LAT
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
No opinion
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 107

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg, indeed, you are correct. You've reminded me that she actually joined to see Tir die... so that basically throws a monkey wrench in my whole arguement. Guess my memory isn't as good as I thought it was.... :oops:

And the impression I was left with regards to Kasim was that he was a war-obsessed general. Devoted to war, the art of killing, but as you say, there is logic behind his decisions and while reading your post, I do agree with those decisions. So it would appear I was wrong about that too hehe. :oops:

hehe 0 for 2 in this thread... so I'll take the safe route out and choose "No Opinion" as my vote.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, of course you could still like Sonya the best if you really like her. It's your opinion anyway. I was just "correcting" the reason behind voting for Sonya earlier.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kwanda rosman the first kwanda choice

kwanda is 1 of my favorite characters thats why i picked him
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't pick just one here. Gotta go with Kasim and Sonya. Kasim cause of his amazing strength and swordsmanship and Sonya because her beauty and love for Teo.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say Teo for his loyalty to the Emperor. His loyalty was mostly shown when he fought his own son even if his whole army was defeated.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Tir Mcdohl... just because he was Tir Mcdohl... a rather cool character to me, putting swords before hearts... also he gave me a good fight and Pahn as well... lol though he was super easy, and I ebat him without ever knowing the consequences back then and to top it all off, I have never been hit by him... once... he always did defend or wild attack for me... lol and I would normally choose attack and defend lol...

I also picked Tir Mcdohl because of his amazing loyalty to the emporer... I was rather surpirsed that anyone could do that, he must have been the top ranking general or something because all the others seem to have at least half a heart... Tir seemed like me... care for no one who is an enemy... that is the rule... care not for thy enemy, show no remorse... just made that up, caught in the moment you know... well... Tir Mcdohl!!!!

JNX out
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right... well, anyways, I'm voting for Teo McDohl, too. And, guess what? My reasons are probably just as sentimental as everyone else's seem to be for him.

He was undoubtably one of Barbarossa's staunchest supporters, perhaps even more so than Rossman; he was willing to kill his only son just for the sake of the emperor he had known and loved, and for the realm that man had represented. He might not have been the smartest, or even the strongest, but he was the most personal to fight for obvious reasons. His death scene affected me as much as it affected all of his other supporters.

So, for embodying true loyalty and and a noble, stalwart soul, I believe Teo McDohl to be the greatest of the Scarlet Moon generals. Like I said, I prefer sentimentality to factual evidence when it comes to video games.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX, you're confusing Tir McDohl with Teo McDohl. Teo is the father, Teo is the Great General. Tir is the son, Tir is the Tenkai Star, Tir is the one we control in the game.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm voting for Kasim. He is one of the strongest and seems to me to be the most intelligent.

Kwanda is too simple-minded.

Milich is a military genius, what with the flowers and the abduction of Liukan, and he rides a frickin' DRAGON. But he wears too much orange, and I hate the color orange. :D

Teo is stubborn to the point of stupidity, and doesn't seem to be very adept at military tactics either. Why? Because he builds and ENTIRE ARMY out of cavalry. Now, cavalry may be good, but they're no match for well-equipped infantry with long spears, as the Liberation Army demonstrates in the rematch. Oh yeah, and he loses a duel with his bodyguard.

Finally, Sonya appears to be a bit unhinged. She refuses to forgive Tir even though she knows that war will take many lives on both sides.

Kasim, on the other hand, is put directly in charge of defending the Empire against its most powerful enemy, the City-States of Jowston. He is also the hardest to defeat (the castle cannot be taken without Krin and Kasumi, and is guarded with enemies much more difficult than those found in other generals' strongholds). He is the only general that the Liberation Army is forced to use deception to conquer.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
By the way, Sun Tzu's strategy is not the end-all, best of the best strategy in the world.

I fully agree, SARs. Sun-tzu, though a great thinker for his circumstances, is not a strategist you would really want to follow. The strategies I remember reading from book are all rather bland, straight forward, and if anything, brute. No real strategy is required for decimating a smaller force, like he often did. A much larger force versus a smaller force does not take much strategy on the larger, but much on the less.

I would actually have to say that, even though not a professional strategist as Sun-tzu, and loooong after his time, Miyamoto Musashi has probably wrote a better guide to follow, as he does do comparrisions to different types of units, their strengths and weaknesses, etc. Check out the Ground Book sometime, if you already haven't.

And as for the topic, I voted Sonya. No, she's not the best of them. Heck, she's one of the easiest to defeat. Just, when you compare her to the others, Kwanda is dense and straight forward, Teo is just charge in with the Iron Calvary, Milich is just... Lordie... What do you even SAY about Milich? Kasim didn't even put up a fight, and Sonya fought to the very end with no punches pulled. Huh... Yeah, I'd rather like the hot blonde who doesn't give up, despite the overwhemling odds.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheBigJC05

The Badasses

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sonya was hot. All there is to it.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alcatheus Brilemus wrote:
You are quixotic. You certainly know that the old empire is dead and you only have 3% of chance to revive it. Wonder why I say 3 %? Because there are only three factions that might help reviving the empire:

First--Emperor Barbarossa has successor.

Second--Windy is able to prevent Leeknat from helping the TP.

Third--Chaos appears under the malevolent rule of Lempant.

Calculation the chances of success is vital to strategy. You should not risk your life anyway since by doing so, you are like Shu, a strategist relying too much on dumb luck.

Anyway, you are, according to my opinion, potentially good strategist. You know a lot about the Art of War by Sun Tzu.

You forget that for there to be a 3% of revival there would have to be 97 others for some other thing. You can't just have three options and then say without giving reasons, that there is a 3% chance for a chance of revival. That is just trivial information and on the whole insignificant.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg Is asome. He's cocky, hes fat and he has a big sword! Whats not to love about him.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Obel Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Kasim Hazil a whole lot. With the exception of Shin, there isn't a character quite like him. His swordsmanship is extra-ordinary; I could have sworn one time he hit one of the Elite Guards in Gregminster for 810 damage. That's crazy. But the main reason why I like him so much is his style; I really dig the Middle Eastern influence.

(I wonder if it's possible that he could make an appearance in Suikoden V...)

What? Oh, don't mind me. I'm just talking to myself. Wishful thinking, really.

^ Shout out to John Layfield. Thanks for the sig, homes.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i gotta give it up for teo still being loyal to the emporer. he faced his own son in battle. i say not to many fathers would do that, even if it's their own enemy. teo's loyalship proved to be real loyalty to the empire of scarlet moon.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: