Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Five Great Imperial Generals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which imperial general do you like best? Why?
Kwanda Rossman--for his Burning Mirror
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Kwanda Rossman--for his sense of killing the elves
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Millich Oppenheimer--for his Poisonous Flowers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Millich Oppenheimer--for his sense of romantics
9%
 9%  [ 10 ]
Teo McDohl--for his loyalty to the emperor
25%
 25%  [ 27 ]
Teo McDohl--for his resistance even against his son
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Kasim Hazel--for his skill in combat and sword
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Kasim Hazel--for his achievement among the generals
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Sonya Schulen--for her love to Teo McDohl
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Sonya Schulen--for her beauty and charisma
21%
 21%  [ 23 ]
I do not like any general of the SME since I vow my loyalty to the LAT
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
No opinion
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 107

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, despite the fact that everyone is out of the trail I would like to say that I chose Sonya as the best general of the Scarlet Moon Empire. I chose her because she is one of my favorite characters. She is a powerful opponent and someone hard to defeat since she has great magic status, she can inflict a great amount of damage by using her rune. I also picked her from the others because of her love for Teo even knowing that Tir is his son she refused to help him since he had a hand in his father's death, and also for her courage and loyalty for her master by defending her fortress even knowing that there is no chance for winning. I do not deny that I also like her because of her beautify and charisma but in my point of view I think that love exceed every thing in life, that is why I prefer Sonya from the others.

Bugg wrote:
Oh one more thing, do you really need two accounts and act as if you're two different people complimenting or even contradicting (which is ever weirder) each other?

Actually it is really funny to see him behave like this :lol: , he is so cute.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strategies are meant to be maneuvered with, and not blindly followed with. Thus, a good strategist can never be achieved by reading books on strategy. It just doesn't work. Practicallity and brains in what's needed. Even if you read all the strategy books in the world, and has an acute understanding of them, if you lack the brains to apply them sucessfully, it's useless...
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Technically there are / were always Six great generals of Toran... Georg was the sixth of the above crew, but from what i remember he was either in the North where Teo went, or had already left service by the time the Liberation Army became active under Tir.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From Suikosource:

Georg Prime (Teni Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Ex-General
Events: Succession War, Dunan Unification War
Georg was once a Queen's Knight in the kingdom of Falena, but was blamed to have murdered the queen and became a fugitive (He really did kill her though). Since then, he became the leader of the Ebony Moon Knights in the Grasslands, and then was recruited by Barbarossa Rugner as one of his Six Great Generals during the Succession War. After the Succession War was over, he left because he had "fulfilled his promise." He then fought against Highland during the Dunan Unification Wars. He is one of the best swordsman known in the lands.

So it was clear enough that he left after Succession War. Hence, making it Five Great Imperial Generals for the period between post Succession War and Gate Rune War.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Augustus wrote:
Some people mistake me as Augustus Silverberg (probably because of my user name?). That is really annoying.

Probably because there is something else other than your similar username?

Quote:
By the way, it's quite weird to see someone act like that. That person probably has some kind of problem with his mind or he may be so lonely that he needs to talk to his "shadow". It is really bizzare.

It sure is bizzare, though it's sort of amusing as well.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd only say Sonya because she's so hot. I kinda eliminated the rest. Kwanda has all brawn and no brains, Milich.... well.... is Milich! Teo had the crap beaten out of him by a 15 year old boy. Kasim.... I dunno about Kasim. I guess that narrows it down to Sonya and Kasim. Sonya wins anyway because she's beautiful and she's a good magic user.

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, this argument essay is too long and wrong at some points :!:

Anyway, I choose Millich.
Lord Riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is no need for lengthy explanations.. my favorite is Sonya Schulen...because she is one of my Top 5 Hottest Babes in suiko.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which do I like? I liked Sonya the best. Perhaps because of the back-story, but also because she was the best soldier among them.

Teo was willing to die for nothing. Is his life that worthless that he'll throw it away at a whim? He even asks his top two soldiers to join me after he dies... I would want a soldier that can think for themselves... Teo is a loyal puppy that just doesn't know better...

Kwanda was a nut. Given the choice, I would have beheaded him. However, if I did that, no one else would surrender to me (in my opinion, not game-wise) so I would be screwed either way.

Kasim was the definition of a muscle head and Millich was just too weird for me.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tarik

Croc's Fury

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the fate of the empire was in decline, not even Teo could help the emperor. But I admire his loyalty.

If Vincent du Boule returned to the high rank nobility of the empire, would he be able to help the emperor? Guess not.

Last edited by Tarik on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I chose Kasim Hazel for I have always been an admirer of skill and ability rather than brute strength whether in a game or in real life. The true sign of ability and greatness is how they harness their talents to the best of their ability regardless of if they are the weakest swordsman in the land or the best warrior in the world. It is the strength of personal character regardless of their political opinion to build ones self to be better and stronger. Smarter and wiser as can be and that is what I find in Kasim Hazel. While Teo McDohl is cool and all considering his connection to the hero he just doesnt match up in the long run. Though I would pick Barbarossa over all of them for I have always been somewhat of a romantic and his sacrificing everything for the woman that he loves. Even though it is only the image of his deceased wife that he sees it is still basically the same in essence. Though Windy is much much much much older than Barbarossa was.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy000 wrote:
Which do I like? I liked Sonya the best. Perhaps because of the back-story, but also because she was the best soldier among them.

Why was Sonya the best soldier among them?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
Blasphemy000 wrote:

Why was Sonya the best soldier among them?

I think that he gave his reasons for thinking that she is the best solider among all of them by saying that:

Teo is a loyal puppy who doesn't know better
Kwanda is a nut
Kasim is a muscle head
Millich is a weirdo

Therefore, what do you want to know more than what he said (maybe Blasphemy000 will give us other reasons... we only have to wait); anyway I just think that he only gave his opinions that we aren't obliged to accept as true.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg, she didn't have the glaring faults that I saw in the others. She was blinded by hate due to the fact I killed her lover. Yet, intelligence and reason took over and in a calculating move, she joined forces with me. She wasn't ruled by emotion and as a soldier, that's what I would want. She does what's best, personal feelings aside. Compared to the other generals, she was the only sane soldier there...

Kasim may have been sane, but his life seemed dominated by combat. Barely after the Liberation army won, he asks to go off to war again. His devotion to his craft is admirable, but obsessions are not good for generals. It leads to emotion, which leads to rash decisions at times of stress. But that's my opinion only... definately not a fact. If he lives to fight, what happens when there's no one to fight? Would he turn on me? Or would he start his own personal war? Combat-obsessed generals are not good.

So given all these character faults and strengths, I think Sonya would be the best soldier and the general I would hold in the highest regard.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Sonya joined Liberation Army hoping that she would get the chance to see Tir die. Surely that counts as being ruled by emotion. So I don't think it's really fair to say that she wasn't ruled by emotion while the whole "hate Tir" feeling she had was fueled by Teo's death. And if I remember correctly, she was even willing to die (probably she wanted to meet Teo in heaven or something?) in Shazarazade had Viktor not come back and save her from there.

And Kasim Hazil wasn't combat-obsessed at all. He asked to be sent to the battleground straight away after the war finished because he knew that Toran wouldn't survive had they not taken back the northern part ASAP from Jowston. Also notice that the northern part was his area of duty. So in a sense, it was also his own responsibility to protect that area. To me, it showed him being responsible rather than combat-obsessed.

One other thing about Kasim is that he didn't even fight against the Liberation Army at all during the game. Had he really been combat-obsessed, he'd be like "I'll fight you til I die" or something similar. But the fact that he accepted defeat and accepted that he was outsmarted by Mathiu's tactic, he used his brain to decide that it was better to surrender and join Liberation Army.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: