Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hardest minigame
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Getting the Edea card in FFVIII was ridiculous! Not only did you have to wait for Edea to use her Edea card, but once she had it with her she was nigh impossible to beat. That made me more furious than any mini-game that's not GTA. I finally got rid of all my non-rare cards, then played her and after restarting my game only three times was able to get the Edea card. It was way too much work for just that card, made me furious. And I mean furious.

In this play through FFX, I got the Caladbolg's Sigil without much difficulty, somehow the chocobo racing Gods were nice to me. The butterfly catching game was the biggest waste of time in the game, being as I hardly even used Kimhari. That was hard though, it wasn't extremely redundant (redundant) like the Lightning Dodging mini-game. Plus, Lulu's weapon wasn't even that great. Yuna's was much better since she could do Holy, her weapon was the easiest to get, and she also had healing magic. I stopped needed Lulu quickly after that.

The GTA series is the worst about impossible mini-games though, especially San Andreas. I swear the Zero missions were, in some way, invented by Lucifer himself. It's like Rockstar was sitting in their game design room and said, "Now, we need to put a ridiculous side-quest here that the gamer will hate, and will make at least four gamers change their lives because they've lost hope in humanity. We're talking the kind of side-quest that can set off a smoke alarm." Then a guy says, "But no human can create a mini-game of the caliber you speak of! We have the trucking isn't that enough?" Then the guy looks down and says, "Lucifer?" And, as Ced said (that's a nice rhyme, though you probably get that a lot) the trucking missions could make you want to die too.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bqqb wrote:
Try playing the FF8 card game with the random rule rule and the Plus rule with your rare cards

That's not much of a challenge. :P
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rita-Pon Suikoden IV, it kicked my ass so many times I asked my grandma to help me and after we played for a little bit she started cussing like a sailor, but we beat it after awhile.
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I'm not good at the button-mashing games, so they're the most difficulty for me from one stand-point. But, when it comes to the annoying, long - thus making it hard to actual finish - Dragon Warrior 7 takes the cake, for me. I mean, the Monster Park is absolutely ridiculous.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've given up on many of the FFX mini-games, my reflexes and hand-eye coordination are shockingly bad so dodging lightning bolts was impossible for me.

I brought the game to work ( Burger King at the time ) and we plugged it into the training TV out back. One of my collegues had a go and was at about 170 and going strong until someone dropped something heavy and distracted him >_<

Still haven't got half those ultimate weapons...

MORE RECENTLY

I've been playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - and the Pazaak game ... ooh that pissed me off >_<

Sure its voluntary but some good items awaited me so I went for it. LOSE, LOSE, LOSE, LOSE, LOSE... lucky win, LOSE LOSE LOSE. I bought fancy cards even, but this game is more luck than skill and I guess I never played my cards right. I swear the PC dealt me lousy hands.... Anyway I had to beat this Ithorian 5 times to get some items off him and after an hour and a half of lose - reload - lose - reload - win - save - lose - reload etc I managed to get em.

Turned out they were crappy items anyway.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree in every way that the mini games in Final Fantasy ten were so hard and so frustrating that I gave up after a short while . The game is fun and all but the mini games were made so beyond frustrating that i just stuck to the regular part of the game and just stuck to that. I never really did manage to get myself some of the better weapons that could be made but meh i'll get around to it next time I play through the game ya know. Anyways yeah thats my opinion on what is the hardest minigame I have played thus far.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are the FFX games really that hard? I guess I would agree about the butterfly game, but the dodging, chocobo and blitzball minigames weren't really that hard, as long as you know what you're doing.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in agreement with Highwind about the FFX minigames, I didn't really have much of a problem with them bar the butterfly game which took me a while but in itself I didn't even think was too bad. I'd almost say the lightning one was the hardest because it was so damned boring to do. Walk. X. Walk. X. Walk.

It was seemingly endless, I was so bored doing that.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only had much trouble with the lightning dodging, which is definitely not my thing. Too boring, for one. The chocobo, though, I didn't find too hard at all. Not since the first time I did it. And, the butterflies, also not too difficult.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The FFX mini-games aren't difficult, but they are frustrating as hell!!!

-sends lightining bolt from his Thunder Rune to Square-Enix HQ-

I mean, excluding the blitzball game, all the others you must do correctly to the extreme. Like the thunder dodging. Let's say that you have to dodge 700 bolts (can't remember the exact number), and you have dodged 568 bolts, then your mom calls you, you lose concentration, bolt hits you and you have to do it from the beggining, again. It's really freaking annoying and frustrating.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
I'm in agreement with Highwind about the FFX minigames, I didn't really have much of a problem with them bar the butterfly game which took me a while but in itself I didn't even think was too bad. I'd almost say the lightning one was the hardest because it was so damned boring to do. Walk. X. Walk. X. Walk.

It was seemingly endless, I was so bored doing that.

There's actually a spot somewhere in the Thunder Plains where lightning strikes twice consecutively. It really saved a lot of time staying in that place instead of walking around the whole place.

I really thought I wasn't going to be able to finish the butterfly game, and I was overjoyed when I've done it. You have no idea how excited I was. I almost knocked over the console. Luckily, my mother was in the way and she caught me; otherwise, I would've started that whole ordeal all over again.

I think overall, you just really need patience and perseverence in order to nail these subquests.

I replayed the game again and as for my blitzball stats... Tidus is at Level 49, Datto & Wakka at 46, Letty at 40, Jassu at 37, Brother at 38, and Botta at 33. You can see I have a lot of catching up to do with Ced The Lad's Level 80 blitz monsters. :shock: It's really frustrating to level up Botta, since he's the most useless Auroch member. His only shining point is his BL, but then competition usually opts for breaking through him anyway. I made him center, cause I figured he might get more experience that way. I'll see how it goes. Off to play blitzball now... :)
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Blitz team was definitely the way of Ced's, they were monstrous. I enjoyed it but I felt there was room for a little more interactivity in it I guess. I had Wedge and Tidus up front, I think then there was someone who started with all stats as 1 and they became an absolute mostrosity if you train them correctly. There's an order that allows you to go full circle and max out every stat (as some drop as you raise some others) I used this and created the ultimate Blitzball monster. I forget her (I think it was a her) name though, she's only available to level 5 scouting.

Highwind wrote:
There's actually a spot somewhere in the Thunder Plains where lightning strikes twice consecutively. It really saved a lot of time staying in that place instead of walking around the whole place.

Wish I'd known that at the time, why didn't you tell me sooner! No really, I spent forever on that, I was especially angry when I lost attention when I was on about 70 one time. My attention span is rubbish.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't heard of that monster. The best blitzball player from my experience was Brother. Man... his only weak spot is CA, but really, who needs that besides goalkeepers?

PF wrote:
My attention span is rubbish.

I took a break every 50 bolts because Friends was on. :lol:
Midi

Nova Group

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my personal experience the most dificult mini-game ever created was that stupid box throwing game to increase your strength in Mystical Ninja Goemon

Goemon: Hey look at me I cant move a different colored box. T_T
Midi: *laughs, and kicks the box into Goemon's head* there ya happy now little ninja.

Midi: Wait you dont even look like a ninja. You're just a pipe smokin ninja wannabe. I don't even wanna know what you really use that extending pipe for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: