Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Combo Attack [Maybe Spoilers?]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...I never used the Groupie Attack in boss battles.

I always used Nina though. She was always my main offensive mage (I gave her a Fire/ Rage Rune, and the second slot was usually for Blue Gate or some other offensive rune).

I only used the Unite if Nina was very low on Magic, or if I was in a regular battle or something along those lines.

I have to agree about the Freed and Yoshino attack. I thought that it was pretty good in the early goings of the game. Yoshino was pretty good when you first get her. She tends to be a valuable asset in the Two River quest. Of course, so is Oulan.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
A lesser known but really efficient one was Bob, Sierra and Bolgan. The problem is that Bob wasn't as good as he looked, Bolgan is worse than he looks and Seirra is usually needed more for magic. But if you are playing around, check it out.

o.O

Sacriledge! :P Bob is great, he's got lots of HP, good attack and okay defense, plus he can equip the Dream Robe! Each to his own I guess...

Q: Can you force Bob into that unite when he's in WW form? That would equal some crazy damage.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron88 wrote:
Twin Swords from IV was a good one(Hero4 and Kika).

Double Sword was indeed pretty good and helps save party space since it will only take one additional member in the party, and Kika's far from bad in boss battles too. My only pet peeve was it looked pretty boring and watching it got pretty tiring easily.

Acheron88 wrote:
My memory is failing me, was there a team attack between Borus and Percival? That would be the best. The two swordsmen in the 6 knights(Chris is not a swordsMAN, she's the female version which is different I think, Leo with the axe, Salome with the mace and Roland with the Bow) would have the best attack ever. I liked using mounted combat as well, which was missed from Suikoden IV. Hugo Fubar was a combo I liked as well as Franz Ruby, naturally.

Borus and Percival have the Knight Attack B Combo, only usable on foot. It does pretty good damage with Borus' high strength, and Percival's third swing (Windspun Armor, baby). Visually, it looked like Viktor/Flik's Cross Attack... :roll:

As for mounted pairs, Franz-Ruby was surprisingly kickass. Ruby's great at helping absorb damage because of her high PDF and MDF and her Magic Resistance skill also has the potential to reach S rank. They're attacks ain't that bad either, with Franz carrying a spear.

But really, the best Mounted pair HAS to be Sgt. Joe and Shabon. :lol:
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never really used many unites in Suikoden III, unlike the others. So, I can't say as much with that game. But, my favorites are the Buddy Attack, True Friendship, and Double Leader ones. They're both with good characters, decent in speed, super in damage, and overall the most efficient, for me.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal favourite is the Wakaba/Long Chan Chan combo (can't remember the name). It's awesomlly cool and does really great damage (what isn't to surprise, since to execute this combo, both characters must be berserk).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden III, I liked the Comba of Fubar/Hugo, Futch/Bright, etc. Not only was it cool cosmetically, but it also did a whole lot more damage, though was impractical if the character riding the creature is a great rune user. I think I mostly just liked zooming toward the enemy and hitting them where it hurts.

In Suikoden IV, I liked Hero4/Kika's and Hero4/Snowes' the best. The former was just cool because the movement of Kika was so fluid, and the attack got all enemies which is helpful when you're in those battles at sea. The latter is just extremely powerful. The most powerful one in the game I do believe. Sigurd and Hervey's is pretty cool, and I don't think I laughed that hard when playing the game except when I got Gau/Dario's, now that's a good one.

I haven't played Suikoden I in a while and I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Suikoden II and I've been looking for a long time. So, I don't remember many from one and I couldn't remember any from two.

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one can really beat the unite, combo attack of LC Chan and my favorite Wakaba. True and logically (yep, keep on mentioning that word though I do not use it sometimes ^^) they are really powerful during fights. Perfect stats and a good magic users also!

The White Tiger is also incredible ESPECIALLY in Fury mode. Now, they do need to be bersek in order to achieve so. Yes, it is very helpful and one time, I tried this combo against the Beast Rune and it took 3-5 turns using this attack to finish it :) I do not lie...Erinyes doesn't lie without a naughty symbol
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that the groupie attack worked like a charm against Luca when Flik's party faced him. I usually levelled up on the red Samurai guys on the way to Toran and the groupie attack was doing the damage.

I don't know about the best combo attack but the worst combo attack in recent memory has got to be the Love Love Attack with Reinbach and Charlemagne. Not only did you have to sit through the annoying combo scene every time, but 0.4x damage to all enemies wasn't really worth it as Reinbach's strength brought down the team.
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me it's True Friends Attack. It just rocks.....
I have to mention Kobold attack too (Gengen + Gabocha), when the whole army of Kobolds attack the enemie(s)..................
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

My memory is failing me, was there a team attack between Borus and Percival? That would be the best. The two swordsmen in the 6 knights(Chris is not a swordsMAN, she's the female version which is different I think, Leo with the axe, Salome with the mace and Roland with the Bow) would have the best attack ever.

Borus and Percival did share a combo attack, and Chris had different versions of the same combo with different party members(only when they where on their horses).

As for me, I always liked the clan chief attack with Dupa and Lucia in SIII.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in S3, Twister (Juan, Joker, Kenji) was a surprising and funny and effective unite to me ^_^ just make sure all 3 characters have status protection. you might ask: okay, Juan and Joker are great, but why would i bring Kenji???? unfortunately, i have no real answer for you. even with the level 99 trick, Kenji simply lacks.

in S1, my favorite unite was the Bandit Attack because it's cool lookin and does great damage (2.5x to one enemy, no drawbacks). but over the last year, someone said Tai Ho + Yam Koo can use Turtle Runes to prevent Unbalance and use their unite every turn. their unite does 3x. i'll have to go with the fishermen if i ever play this game again!

in S2, one of the unites i only tried very late in my playing years for the game was the Cutey Boy Attack (Luc, Futch, Sasuke). it looks pretty cool since it uses the slicing Wind graphics.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My best (and most favorite) was the Adonis attack in suikoden 4, with Sigurd, Hervey, and Helmut. It had very nice music, and had all my favorite characters in one. Its also dealed mad damge too. And i suppose the reverse Adonis attack (that was it right?) by Travis...uh...oh dear i forgot their names... Oh well. The point is what it was called and the fact it was in suikoden 4.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Pretty boy attack in Suikoden 1 and 2 was good does alright damage.

Hero 4 and Snowes 2nd combo was good as well that does a good amount of damage when both charactors are at high levels
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My choice has to be the buddy attack of Riou/Jowy in suikoden2 it's lethal against entire groups i've played all 4 suikodens and nothing is as impressive in my opinion so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
108_Destiny

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the pretty boy attack in suikoden 1 and suikoden 2
In suikoden 4 I like the true friendship attack
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: