Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Combo Attack [Maybe Spoilers?]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Best Combo Attack [Maybe Spoilers?] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I saw a thread like this somewhere, I just can't remember where. Feel free to delete this if there is one somewhere.

Anywho, what is your favorite combo attack and why?

Mine is the Adonis Attack. I think that if you have an attack that combines three hot guys, an awesome techno beat, and 1.2x damage then you can't go wrong.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

YES. The Adonis Attack with Sigurd, Hervey and Helmut. It cracks me up every single time.

But then again... Charlemagne and Reinbach's Love Love Attack was pretty awesome too. I was in shock when I first saw it. Normally I don't use the word gay to describe something, but seriously... It's the only word that fits. It was just... wow. xD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In terms of sheer power and greatness you can't go past LC Chan and Wakaba's 3x damage combine, especially since they both need to be berserk to do it.

Assuming they have 200 atk each ( easily more in reality ):

Wakaba 200 x 2 = 400 : Fury
LC Chan 200 x 2 = 400 : Fury
Wakaba + LC Chan = 800 : combined 1x damage
Unite 800 x 3 = 2400 : damage guaranteed every round

The only reason these guys were not in my party normally is their normal attack animation takes so long compared to sword users...

I have yet to see all the GS4 unites, but the beauty attack amuses me every time, especially since it does good damage to all enemies.

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say the siblings attack in GS4... I'm a fellow fire breather so to see an attack with 3 fire breathers kind of warms my heart..... then my tummy
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Nymph attack ROCKS!
3 ABOSOLUTELY cute girls taking part in this attack...

It made me see how sweet Viki can look... Darn I'm blushing :oops: ....

*don't use 'cutesy spellings,' use the real spelling instead.*
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S1 I would say the Bumpy Attack. Was that the name of it? I loved seeing Krin get mauled by Humphrey.

I loved seeing the 100 Kobolds Attack that sometimes happened when Gengen and Gabocha united in S2.

In S3 it was fun to see the unite between Bright and Gadget Z. it wasn't really the best to use (it damaged your own party) but it was fun to see everything get blown to nothingness.

S4's best unite for me is Gau and Dario's. They both have high attack power, and the unite affects all enemies. But I hate when it fails...

^Actual quote!
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure about I, I didn't use Unites much, for II though I don't know the most powerful since Unites is not where I base my party decisions at, but my favorites are the one that Hero does with Nanami and the leader unite with Tir and Riou.

But in IV I had to use the true Friendship attack on the final boss, I was surprised at its power I had both Hero4 and Snowe biffed up for the battle but only elemental Runes equipped (other than the Rune of Punishment of course).
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Pretty Boy Attack in S1 would be my favorite, if it wasn't totally useless. When you gain access to it, the game either locks too many short-range fighters in your party, locks one of the combatants out, or gives you a level with no boss enemy.

This attacks would kick the Neclord's sorry ass, but since you have four people locked in your party, you can't use it. Same thing with Seek Valley. The cave of the Past and Moravia have no boss to fight, so why bother using it. This unite would be indepensible in Shasarazade (two bosses with no resting in between), but Flik cannot join your party. You can use it against the final boss, but then you need to have a short-range fighter in the back row. Cruel game designers or coincidence?

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The newer Adonis Attack is quite something to watch, what's with it getting its own theme, ha. Not to mention the three of them are reliable units, so using them wouldn't hinder your playthrough at all. (I did use those three plus Jeane as my separate party on my first game, anyhow) I definitely prefer this over its past equivalents, i.e. Pretty Boy/Fancy Lad ATKs.

Then, we have the Hero/Snowe unite. Considering that they both are so-so with magic at best (more Snowe, less Hero but his locked rune doesn't help much), making them super strong physically was only a fair decision. Unlike the other Buddy Attack from an earlier game, I definitely prefer this one.

Futch/Bright mounted unite is a given, I think. I know there are a lot of long time fans of the series who put those two alongside the four True Rune users during their first time. (Unfortunately I didn't because I couldn't fight the temptation and put Thomas and Nash in instead) Strength-wise however, they are debatable, but if it's not like you really need the best units to beat the game.

Double Leader ATK was an awesome bonus too, even if they may do much more damage individually. It would have been both sick and fun if the three (or four? five? six?) main characters of Suikoden III had a unite attack though. Too bad.

Speaking of another Suikoden tradition, the original game still had the best Beauty Attack. The Kika/Ameria/Jeane combination was alright, but participants of the first ones were much more likable to me. (Eileen is a bit fragile but nothing we can't take care of.) On the other hand, Estella was good enough reason for me to keep her out of the part in III. Eek.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the Double Leader ATK was probably the single best combo of all time. It basically was the Buddy ATK, but you got to use it at the end of the game, instead. And, as much as I like Jowy more than Tir. (Jowy looked awesome in that suit thing he had on... Tir looked like a bum with a staff.) I like the way that the Tir / Riou combo works out. And seriously, it's more like 1X damage to all, dunno why it says .75X damage...)

And, if I had to pick one more great combo, it would HAVE to be the True Friendship Attack. It's quick, and VERY painful to the other enemy. Seriously, putting double-strike runes on the hero and Snowe made that last battle so freaking easy. Not to mention Mizuki had a double-strike rune, and was doing almost 1000 damage a turn with her Shrike Rune. THAT is some painful hitting. :P Anyway, Snowe and Hero's attack was doing somewhere in the range of 2500 damage a turn, and when the boss only has like 12000 or 15000 HP, he doesn't last very long. :wink:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For as long as you have it, the Buddy Attack was really great. Damage to all, no drawbacks.

I think the narcisis attack in II (i think thats the title.. not sure tho) with Vincent and Simone. It did decent damage for them being so... friendly. One of the more used ones in my game was Tsai and Tomo's attack. Considering her size and such Tomo packs power, place Tsai and Tomo in the back behind Viktor and Humphrey and keep doing their combo. Deadly if you have Flik as the other front man. Use Viktor and Flik's attack followed by Tsai and Tomo's. Humphrey stands alone well and Riou also works well magically and physically from the back. Also the Hoi-Riou one wasn't that bad. But with out Riou, Hoi sucked. A lesser known but really efficient one was Bob, Sierra and Bolgan. The problem is that Bob wasn't as good as he looked, Bolgan is worse than he looks and Seirra is usually needed more for magic. But if you are playing around, check it out.

As for I? The tricksters, Juppo and Meg were fun. Also Fu Su Lu, Gon and Kuromimi's Kobold attack was superb in damage. Too bad Kuromimi and Gon aren't that great of characters, Fu Su Lu was good though. I was dissapointed to find that Kwanda had no group attacks. I was hoping for a Generals Attack with Kwanda, Kasin, Milich etc..

One attack thats in both games is the Hix & Tengaar attack. I like it more in II because both Hix and Tengaar are more usable.

Suikoden III's unites weren't great IMO. I didn't do too many. The only one I did do for fun was the Koroku and pups one, just to see it.

Haven't played enough of Suiko IV to know theirs.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the Hix & Tengaar attack in both games.

In Suikoden II, my favorite was either Nina & Flik or Riou & Nanami. In terms of sheer animation, my favorite is the 1,000 Kobold Attack.

In Suikoden III, my favorite was the one that Geddoe and his fellow mercenaries did. In terms of sheer animation, it would be the Belle & Gadget Z attack.

I haven't really used that many unite attacks in Suikoden IV, but my favorite in both damage and animation is the Ninja attack (I have only used 4 or so unite attacks, so when I use more, I will have a different opinion)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nina and Flik are a deadly combination. Both have two rune slots (Nina gets her 2nd at Level 53) which is a great asset. I gave them both *Double-strike and *Warrior (*Balance to Nina if available), and attached *Exertion to their weapons. Battle Oath and they are even more stronger. Add to that their Groupie ATK which does 2.5xDMG on 1 E, plus their attack power grows every turn thanks to the *Exertion. Major ownage.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because Suikoden II, which is the one I mostly play and use Unites in, isn't exactly a difficult game, I don't really worry about the amount of damage a Unite does so my favourites are pretty unusual and underused. I like using a mixture of characters from all walks of life. So here are my five favourite Unite Attacks from Suikoden II.

Freed Y and Yoshino
Husband and Wife Attack
2 x damage to one enemy - Yoshino Unbalance

Long Chan Chan and Wakaba
Twin Fighter Attack
3 x damage to one enemy, both characters must be beserk

Nina and Flik
Groupie Attack
2.5 x damage to one enemy - Nina Unbalance

Tengaar and Hix
Warriors Attack
2 x damage to one enemy - Hix takes damage from Tengaar's part of attack

Vincent and Simone
Narcissus Attack
0.5 x damage to all enemies

I based it on asthetics rather than effectivness. Hence the inclusion of Vincent and Simone. :P Honourable mentions must go to Riou and Hoi, Shin and Genshu and Riou and Tir.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Twin Swords from IV was a good one(Hero4 and Kika). The one with Gau and Dario was entertaining as well. Pirate Attack got used often(Hervey and Sigurd).

My memory is failing me, was there a team attack between Borus and Percival? That would be the best. The two swordsmen in the 6 knights(Chris is not a swordsMAN, she's the female version which is different I think, Leo with the axe, Salome with the mace and Roland with the Bow) would have the best attack ever. I liked using mounted combat as well, which was missed from Suikoden IV. Hugo Fubar was a combo I liked as well as Franz Ruby, naturally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: