Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

gordon (suikoden 2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: gordon (suikoden 2) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can I trade a profit worth 50000 before I recuit him, and will he then join me? Or should I wait until after I have talked to Gordon for the first time?
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You need to talk to him first, I believe.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually, you can do the trading prior to *difficult, but not impossible* and get him once you've gained access to gregminster.

*celadon urns are your best friend*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, just buy 2 Ancient Texts in Kobold Village.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are plenty of ways to make cash (er, potch) before getting to Gordon, but you don't have to make it all before, or after, meeting him...you can earn it whenever you want.

Note: there is a programming glitch if you first have all the potch and recruit him on the spot when you first meet him. It does not affect your game, and it causes no problems at all, it's just strange. When you first talk to Gordon he will ask you to earn 50,000 potch from trading. Gordon will be standing on the right side of the trading post after this event and will not move back to the middle where he normally stands unless you leave and then re-enter the building. The game assumes you will leave the trading post and go earn your 50,000 potch and then return, neglecting the fact that you can earn 50,000 potch before talking to him. So if you talk to him again before you leave the trading post (while he's still on the right side of the building) then you'll activate the recruitment scene (that is, assuming you've got the 50,000 potch earned). But the screen won't bring Riou and Gordon to the center of the building, Gordon and Riou will stay at the right side. Unfortunately the scene will play out as if they did! This means Gordon will interact with the wall and Gordon's son (Coates?) will be at the center of the building instead of the right where his father is.

But like I said, it's not a problem to avoid. You still recruit him. I always try to earn 50,000 potch before I try recruiting him so I can see the special "oops" recruitment scene.

^Actual quote!
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had what you just said. Coates talks to the wall, and Gordon to Coates' back. Riou is standing next to Gordon I think
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like to think of it as a brain fart on God's part. Or perhaps the True Runes had a brain fart and suddenly the laws of reality were bending for a few seconds, lol.

^Actual quote!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never thought that we could finish the trading before we recruited him, but now that I know that, I might try that next time.

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but everytime I buy something at the Traders not at Gregminster, it seems that the total that I owe Gordon increases a bit. If I was down to owing him only like 2,000 potch, and then I buy a few things at another Traders to go take to him, then it seems that I then owe him 3,000 or more potch, depending on what you bought.

I never liked not having a teleportation method to Gregminster. I would've used McDohl if not for having to go through that pesky Banner Pass...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never trade anything with Gordon. I just trade from the moment the game starts to prepare for the future.

I normally sell Peeing boys or other antiques that I have extra they net me the 50,000 in one or two trades.

Of course there is a million ways to trade. Some people trade texts, others crystal balls.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient Texts from Kobold Village are the most profitable items, but they are rare.

I usually grab a few expensive antiques off the climbing mini-game and sell them at trades to make 100% profit. No need to worry take costs into account, etc.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you use the Matilda Gate trick early in the game, you can gather Crystal Balls from the Forest Village and (I think?) Highway Village, and sell them all as soon as you're allowed access to the Kobold Village for enormous profit.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always use the Ancient Text-Crystal Ball trading cycle from Kobold to Forest Village. Start this around the Two River/Greenhill missions and you'll have your 50000 in no time.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer using the celadon urns... crystal balls and ancient text and some other expensive stuff i can't remember.... but what gets ta me is how hard they are to get (but celadons urns are much easier)

with these Gordon is easy to obtain... the worst case scenario is if you can't get these anywhere lmao... then the rest would be hard... very hard, with all that salt, suger and stuff being traded around... but celadon urns can be found in gregminister mainly...i believe so anyway...

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you know gordon has become the easiest character to recuit cuase i played the game 8 times so i got used to it
and what i do that i buy something uhh right now i forgot its name now and i trade it in rokkaku and i get him i trade about 6 of it but sorry i forgot it's name
but this one i don't like him
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Note: there is a programming glitch if you first have all the potch and recruit him on the spot when you first meet him. It does not affect your game, and it causes no problems at all, it's just strange. When you first talk to Gordon he will ask you to earn 50,000 potch from trading. Gordon will be standing on the right side of the trading post after this event and will not move back to the middle where he normally stands unless you leave and then re-enter the building. The game assumes you will leave the trading post and go earn your 50,000 potch and then return, neglecting the fact that you can earn 50,000 potch before talking to him. So if you talk to him again before you leave the trading post (while he's still on the right side of the building) then you'll activate the recruitment scene (that is, assuming you've got the 50,000 potch earned). But the screen won't bring Riou and Gordon to the center of the building, Gordon and Riou will stay at the right side. Unfortunately the scene will play out as if they did! This means Gordon will interact with the wall and Gordon's son (Coates?) will be at the center of the building instead of the right where his father is.

But like I said, it's not a problem to avoid. You still recruit him. I always try to earn 50,000 potch before I try recruiting him so I can see the special "oops" recruitment scene.

That's a glitch? I do that every time I play and thought that's just the way it was supposed to be! :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: