Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Unofficial Jeane Thread No. infinity (SPOILERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite interesting, but I thought cat are afraid of water, from my personal experience, but that doesn't matter since cat people in Suikoden don't seem to mind taking a hot bath.

For me it seems like cats seen following Jeane is only a way to show us how her charm can affect anything even cats, you shouldn't also forget about her Charm Rune, if it can charm humans and monsters then why can't it charm animals, and if you say this rune of her only appeared in this game then that is subjective matter since Jeane was never been a playing star till now, she might've had it for who knows how many times she appeared, that would explain the unusual attraction toward her from the people around, and yes, not everybody was charmed by her in the games she showed up, which explains why her rune doesn't work all the time in battles.

Well, reading this thread made me think a little about other things I think are somewhat connected to Jeane, assuming you're right about her being a deity of some kind and me right that she is related to the Sindar, then let me talk more about what I think, for me the Sindarians look more like a cross of Aztec/Mayan/Incan (looking at the architect of Sindar ruins and the monsters inhabiting them especially the one in Suikoden II) and Egyptian civilizations (If my believe of Ruara and Hortez being descendants of the mysterious Sindar), making it more weird since the only thing I can think of common between these civilization is their fascination with the sun and of course their many deities, focusing more on the deities I didn't find any female deity in the Aztec/Mayan/Incan civilizations resembling the features and persona of Jeane (charm, beauty, and supposedly catty connection), which made me think of the Sindarian much like the base look of these Aztec/Mayan/Incan and religion of the Egyptians, knowing that cats are highly placed in the Egyptian religion and portrayed as guardian creatures of life, we can assume Jeane having a similar role in the Suikoden world, I'm not saying Jeane is a cat herself because cats aren't mythical creatures in Ancient Egypt, she might more fit as a deity, more supposedly the cat headed deity Bastet, which by the way is also known as a goddess of pleasure, that might also explain the unusual presence and appearance of Jeane in the many games, linking that to the saying "Cats have nine lives" we might figure the secret of Jeane's so called immortality, nine lives of a cat might even mean something else such as nine slaves, making the rumor of multiple Jeane's more acceptable.

All in all, Jeane like many other Suikoden characters is unfolded in mystery, but believing that [i]Suikoden[/b] in some extent is based on real life, what I said might or might not have some truth to it, that's all I have to say.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have mentioned Jeane has 9 lives... Meaning EVEN if Jeane is a cat, she must reincarnate... In other words, the Jeane Legend will, too, eventually die out after her 9 lives run out...

So Jeane, after reincarnating 6+ times (an assumption), is the childhood friend of Raura... YES it is that particular Jeane...

This further comfirms Jeane's origin as a cat...
The_Mofo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my theory. One day, the developers of Suikoden 2 needed another character.... "What about that Jeane that we had in the first game?"..... "Ok, I think that will work"

then after the game comes out "WOW, look at all that buzz on the message boards, lets put her in every game and see how they all start talking about the nature of Jeane" "Alright!"

Two games later were talking about metaphysics.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Mofo, I think I like your theory the most, and by the way, what I wrote earlier isn't a theory, just some thoughts of how things can be possible for the ideas posted in here.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's an interesting theory on Jeanse, about her being cat. But it just doesn't seem that plausible. Don't ask me why, I just don't think it would work :-/ I agree with Mofo's theory! :mrgreen:
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whatever the origin behind it, though, it's quite likely that they'd have TREMENDOUS pressure to give an explanation that would fit in the game. Especially given the "true form" and appearance in IV, if it's the same person.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Jeanes were kicked out of Pokemon!
That explins why theres so many of em!

Acutally though they just may all look alike, and must call themselves Jeane becasue it's funny. What would had been really funny would bee meeting two jeanes.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay. I have inside scoop from Konami as to why Jeane looks as if she never ages.

I'm not allowed to divulge anything concrete, so all I can say right now is...

Maybe it's Maybelline

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*copies & pastes the unofficial Jeane explanation*

It has been mentioned already, but I'll say it again... So to clear up what is Jeane.

She's based on the jinn/genie myth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie
I'm absolutely sure now, and no matter who says what, I'll keep believing it. Unless Konami actually goes and reveals all about Jeane themselves, contradicting this (or not).

There are many hints. First off, Jeane's japanese name could be translated as jinn. I guess that was what gave Konami the original idea, probably by the time of Suikoden 2. Since in 1, Jeane was only a runemaster, with no background at all. No Richmond investigations, no nothing.

Now let's get to the infamous Fumi Ishikawa interview, were she stated that "all in Jeane's family look alike". I didn't knew at all where did that came from. Until recently, when I stumbled into this old tv show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Dream_of_Jeannie

Konami takes ideas for characters from anywhere. You see, the Jeannie on that series is a genie, and has a sister who looks exactly like her, also called Jeannie. In Suikoden 3, there's a guy who stays at Jeane's shop after you recruit her. And another woman NPC even says: "That guy still dreams of Jeane". My take on this: Quite a joke from Konami. Then again, Jeane is treated like a joke character to tease the fans with her "mystery".

Last hint I noticed is... the music that is played in Suikoden IV when you recruit her. It's called "Enchanting Runemistress", and sounds exactly like the tune you would expect when a genie pops out of his/her lamp. I mean, REALLY.

Things can be added/discussed, but you get the point.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my take on this is somehow or in someway she is a deity or a god... ive been thinkin in the suikoden world you could only be ageless when you have a true rune attached to your body. or a vampire who needs blood in order to survive. ....or you can be a god... watchin effortlessly of those humans around you. or join in the fray like jeane did in s4 coz gods can do that like the mythology when the gods and godesses allied themselves before troy or greece of course it isn't shown in the movie troy but read the novel. yup as njord said a lil while i was also thinking about the egyptian mythology... and they do revere cats and they have a cat-like deity and bringing back the style of clothes of hortez forgot the no. and raura ring a bell? but as long as konami doesn't reveal the true facts none of us here REALLY knows. all we can do is wait and speculate if any of us here is right cheers to you if wrong the world still turns. :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am not so sure she is a cat but it is likely that she is some kind of genie or something, i know this does not sound right but she maybe a summoned bieng and unless it is stated somewhere that jeane has no true rune, ( i dont know if it is stated or not) if she does then that explains otherwise she must be a summoned bieng from the world of emptines or something a jeanie maybe but i will stick with my summoned bieng theory. :D

Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still think she has something to do with Faleena, her and the queen have very similar "traits".

Perhaps just a nation of origin, perhaps coincidence.

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She may not be anything we have said she could easily be and incarnation of a rune or a summoned bieng from the world of emptinees.

bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the theories i've read on her, and other suiko characters, are interesting and I find myself buying into a lot of them... but I have to agree with mofo. It's like in novels when you analyze them and pick them apart bit by bit in your english class and end up taking away far more than the author probably intended... these works take on a life of their own and different people see different things even if there is no one right way to interpret or see it. I think that's how it is with Jeane... the creators of the games probably didn't come up with some mind blowing explanation for her continued presence... if they had i'm sure they would have shared it with us by now, unless they're waiting until like the final game. Or maybe they'll just read all the fan theories and pick one they really like and use that... who knows.
Of course it's still fun to speculate and the cat theory is one of the best put together theories i've read in awhile.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cat's have nine lives and Jeane might be a cat. Jeane is also in everygame so the series will end at Suikoden IX?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: