Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Playing the not so nice hero.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Playing the not so nice hero. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After playing through GS4 again recently I was trying my hardest to be pirate-like and use pirate tactics. I won all ship battles by boarding my opponent's ships and didn't take anyone in my party that wasn't clearly a pirate.

Then I came up against a problem. Snowe. Many times you defeat him and have the option to spare him or kill him. Being pirate-minded I wanted to kill him, but didn't as I wanted to actually use him later in the game ( haven't ever used him and everyone raves about his power ).

This got me thinking... during the course of the Suikoden series we've had a lot of options to kill people instead of recruiting them. Has anyone played through the game choosing to kill at every opportunity instead of recruiting? I mean perfect savegames are nice and everyone likes to say they have one, but I wonder about doing this method for variety.

Did you not get the option to kill Kiba and Klaus in GS2? If you can, how will Klaus get bullied by Sierra and who will attack the Merc Fort at the end? Perhaps in that regard you cannot kill Kiba, but there must be some subtle story changes depending on your choices

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shu refuses to allow such people as Kiba and Klaus to be executed, they are vital to the plot, without Kiba's death the whole story of the game wouldn't work since nothing would lure Leon out during the other attack and create the scene with him and Shu in the burning forest.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Did you not get the option to kill Kiba and Klaus in GS2?

Even if you choose to kill them, they will still live, after hearing the news of Luca's ascending to the throne and defect to your army.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kill at every opportunity? No.

I have killed in various times: Kwanda, Milich, Kraze and Snowe however.

I murdered Kwanda by accident. I pressed the enter button too fast and selected the option to kill him.

I had Milich put to death for the sake of avenging Gremio. I was under so much pressure from Viktor and the others. >_<

I usually always kill Kraze. He's a right slimey bastard and I have no reason to spare him. A right git to me as well as an implied rapist? One for the chop.

I really didn't want to kill Snowe as I had a lot of sympathy for him. But he just kept hounding me over and over! The third time he was captured, I had him executed. This was on my first file.

I really don't like killing them because a lot of the time, I do pity them. I've rarely actually felt that they deserved to actually be murdered when I killed them, so really, I'm playing towards my own views which just happens to be good for a perfect game, also.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
I really don't like killing them because a lot of the time, I do pity them. I've rarely actually felt that they deserved to actually be murdered when I killed them, so really, I'm playing towards my own views which just happens to be good for a perfect game, also.

Agreed - my natural tendancy is to help them and save them, it was only when I was trying to think like a pirate that it occured to me that I'd never actually killed anyone.

Thx for clearing up that Kiba can't die ( makes sense really ). Did GS2 or GS3 have the option to kill anyone? I can't remember now...

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could cause the death of Ridley through your choices, albeit in a less direct fashion than the execution styled scenes. I don't remember the option in Suikoden 3 off the top of my head so I don't think there are any in that.

Edit: Borus means Ridley where I'm from. Fixed it so it's written in a way you all understand using Ridley as Ridley now.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Last edited by Exile on Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I even spared Kraze. Basically, I went with every choice that made Cleo happy. Cleo's my girl.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kraze is the only character that I have killed everytime I get the option because I really despise that guy.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I never killed Kraze. I thought he was a star the first time (having played Suikoden III first and having all faced characters but Lulu, a few dogs, Shara, and the Flame Champion as stars). I don't really pick my choices due to my actual belief system, but insted to my RPG instinct. I always pick the option the I believe will have the more profitable outcome. Things like sparing lives, going down dead ends to look for items, and even leaving poor quality items where they are in hopes that I will get something better later in place of it. Two cases of that are stealing the money from the kid in Midgar in FFVII and wether or not to pick up certain treasure boxes in FFVI (because better items will be there later).

So I honestly don't care if it is something I'd do in real life or if it's completely against my belief system. I just rely on my RPG instinct.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I killed kwanda the same way once... but I reset after since I thought he was cool... but in the same game I killed millich simply from the thought he was well...a sissy..... Kraze I had beat to death by phan and that was great muhahahaha
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I never killed anyone now that I remember, I recall how hard it was to keep my self from killing Milich, I kept telling to my self, is the black rune is the black rune...

I'm not sure but I might have accidentally killed Kwanda as well though my memory is dodgy, I didn't kill anyone else for sure not even Kraze, I just couldn't do that, I'm too nice I suppose, or too foolish.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never killed Kwanda, due to the fact that I thought he was cute (yeah, shoot me) and Milich seemed cool, and I thought would be a great party member if he joined. As for Kraze, he's probably my second most hated character so obviously I killed him without having second thoughts that he might be an ally. If we only had the option to kill Kanaan as well, and also had the option as to HOW we kill him, that would have been the most awesome thing ever. I can't believe I voted for Sebastian in that other thread about the character you despise most...

As for Snowe, he was more pitiful that killable, so I let him suffer a gradual death in the seas. What a surprise it was to find out he was a star after all, especially since I was doubting he was going to be one.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I accidentally killed Kwanda once but I reset the game because he happens to be one of my favorite characters in Suikoden I.

I killed Milich on my first playthrough of Suikoden because half of me wanted to avenge Gremio and the other half of me wanted to kill the goofy ass man in pink. Although I don't think I was for sure on his being a man. I actually still refer to him as she when I'm playing and talking to someone. I quickly cover it up and pretend like I was talking about someone else.

I always kill Kraze. Well, almost always. Once I let him live, but afterwards I felt so bad about it that I laugh and say witty things when I kill him now. Well ,I pretend like the things I say are witty and that is about as good as it will get for me.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am usually worried about a perfect game so i rarely elect to kill someone when given the option. Suikoden 1 had the most options to kill people, but i really can't remember killing anyone in any one of the many times i have played it. I think i even spared Kraze in order to not make anyone unhappy, but if there is anyone who deserves to die in all of the suikodens i would have to say it would be Kraze.

I also never killed Snowe although i was very tempted with the amount of times we were offered the chance. It's as if the creator really wanted us to kill him. This is probably due less to him deserving to die and due more in order to add to the difficulty of getting all 108 stars.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, lots of Kraze hate. I don't like him either, but I'd much rather kill Kanaan. Now that guy was evil. Too bad you never get a chance.

I rarely killed anyone, through all my playthroughs. I'm sometimes tempted to kill Milich to see what happens with Kasim late on, but I never follow through. I did accidentally kill Klaus and Kiba once, but as has been said- you really can't.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: