Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Does anybody like to see a Legaia 2: Dual Saga sequel?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Does anybody like to see a Legaia 2: Dual Saga sequel? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anybody, except me like to see a Legaia 2: Dual Saga sequel. Because that game was good in its own way. Does anybody like this game.

[Edit: Edited title. Please use a descriptive title]
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most definitely, the first game was cool, and the second Legaia rocked also. I love the series as a whole, and I can play them both at anytime without getting bored...on most occasions. The franchise easily deserves another instalment, and I hope we do get one before the unveiling of the PS3. If not, then I could except a Legaia 3 on PS3, it is just that such a thing would be quite a long wait.

I really enjoyed playing the first Legaia, and it was one of my favorite RPG's before I started importing even better ones from the US back in the day. It had plenty of appeal for me, and even though some people detested the magic system, I loved it!

I do like both games quite a lot, but in my opinion I think the second one improved on the first one, big time. Better graphics (not saying there was anything wrong with Legend of Legaia's, but better graphics are usually a given for PS2 RPG's over PS1 RPG's...) good everyday interaction with people in towns and such, just everything that I like in normal RPG's. Anyhow, I think a third Legaia would have plenty of potential to go far and rekindle the series' elegant flame, and the chances are far from improbable. We scored Grandia 3, and now my wishes are for a Legaia 3 and if they have some spare time, Lunar 3! Now that would go off...
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope the next one has a better and longer story. And use good voica-overs, or none. And a good ending!!
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no.

naw, just kidding. I never played any of the Legaia games. I've been wanting to try the series out though, so I might play the second one first.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It all depends. Although I did like both games, to be perfectly blunt, they were mediocre comparatively. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy another one in the series, just that it all depends on what other options I have.

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the Legaia series thanks to the Battle System, the story isnt to bad either.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the battle system was great, and I really liked how in the first one it had individual backgrounds for each battle depending on where you were in the game. For example, if you walk into a different room the background looks like wherever you are. Not many games can claim this, as they only have the odd couple of battle scene backgrounds (Forest, Desert, Grassland etc) but for Legaia they change all the time, which keeps the game interesting in my opinion.

They had alright storylines too, but they really could improve a new instalment to the series. The second Legaia improved on the first one on many different aspects, so if history follows suit they could have a success on their hands if a certain game company decides to make a Legaia 3, which they should :!:
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

let square enix make it! Or Konami, not EA, they should keep to sports.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would love it, and I agree with Traz. It should be released as a PS2 game. If they release it on PS3, chances are I won't be getting it. I don't think it's worth it to buy another console for just another game, but if Suikoden V gets released in PS3 as well, then I would get it.

The game was pretty cool. I preferred the first one purely because of the Battle Arena... and hey, I actually still haven't beaten that damned Lapis. :evil: I still haven't finished the Duel Saga yet though. I'm on my way to the Demiurge Tower, but then my disc went wonky. I plan on getting a new disc, but I haven't found one. Maybe it's become rare, or maybe I just don't know where to look. I think Maya was a great addition on the second installment, if not for her lack of attack slots. Variable Arts was also the great idea, and it's also what usually make my game hang. :roll: I don't think we can ask for more, but I would like to be surprised by any addition they would add to the battle mechanics of the next series to make it more interesting and exciting.
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I REALLY enjoyed the first game, really I played it through a good five times at least. I have no idea why, but I just loved that game. It was one of my first RPGs, that probably could be it. I dont know though, I just didnt like Legaia 2, I dunno why I just didnt like the game at all.
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We scored a grandia 3, good. Would you all like to see a good xenogears 2[from the same guy from the first one], another saga frontier, another breath of fire or another legend of dragoon
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anything is possible, and I never once ruled out the chances of seeing a third Legaia instalment in the future, so hopefully we get one sometime this year, or it would probably not be on the PS2, but the next behemoth.

Now in regards to another instalment of the game you have mentioned, here is how I feel:

-Xenogears: It would be pretty decent
-Saga Frontier: Well it could have great potential on the PS2, so I would give it a chance
-Breath of Fire: God yes. I enjoyed every single BOF, even though many had some very harsh opinions on Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. They could try again, and once more I hope to see this game on the PS2 before the great transition.
-Legend of Dragoon: God yes!!! A great many people feel exactly the same way about a next instalment of Legend of Dragoon. There would be many happy chappys around the world if we were graced with a sequel...
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Legaia 2 is a pretty fun and addictive game, but I've become somewhat bored with it. I'm playing it right now for the first time through, about 60 hours into it and I'm at the final dungeon. I have to admit that the battle system is pretty unique, and it was fun discovering new combos and stringing them together. But much of the time now the battles are just plain irritating. I usually run around with No Encounter equipped because I can't stand them anymore.

The mini-games are actually harder than the bosses. It took me forever to beat the Sidejump mini-game against Dein (that cheater... grr...). The knife-throwing game was awesome, even though it took me two days to beat it. I don't really care for the planting mini-game, because I heard you have to beat it in 15 seconds to get the Heaven's Secret and I don't see how that is possible. I love the Guild Missions--great stuff there.

I think the character design is average, kinda cliche, and I don't think the plot is that spectacular. I'm having a hard time getting interested in this game again, even though I'm so close to the end. It had some features that appealed to me, but it's loosened its grab on me. I don't know if I would play it a second time through (at least not for a long time).

So as for a sequel, I might be interested in renting it to see how it compares to part 2 (I've never played the first one). But it's not something I would run out and buy it at midnight or anything.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
VINCENT05

Harmonian Death Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Legaia 2 is a great game to me. Its fun and I enjoy the story. Yea the battles do get boring after a while because you get tired of seeing the same combos over and over again. But what games battle system don't we get tired of seeing. Its like that with all games if you ask me. Even though Legaia 2 is a good game, I still prefer part 1. The first one had a much better story to it. Legaia 2 may have better graphics, but the story dosn't even compare to the first one. I would mind seeing another sequel to this games. There fun to play and if they put one on the PS3, I think that would be great. I think it would change the feel for the game and make it 3 times better than the other ones.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like it. Legend of Legaia seemed bland to me, and the story wasn't terribly attractive in comparison to other RPGs at the time.

Legaia 2 I never bought or played personally but my brother purchased it and I watched him play it for a few hours and it seemed that it was just as bad storyline-wise as the first. I don;t think EA or whoever makes it knows how to develop characters or story. "here, you kill all evil in the world"... "Okay" = legaia storylines. No further development really. Sad considering it had potential with a unique system. I really did enjoy the battleing system with its different command input and how easily you could level up your magic creatures. I remember in Legaia 1 byt he time I got to the second area with the islands I had like 4 different magic creatures doing over 600 damage a hit easy. The big pain in the butt was trying to get some of the rarer monters to join you.

All in all it wasn't a horrible game, but not one that warrants a slew of sequels like the Xenosagas, Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: