Suikoden Utopian and Informational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 5] Nameless Lands vs Zexen at Budehuc [Concluded]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: [Phase 5] Nameless Lands vs Zexen at Budehuc [Concluded] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Budehuc was always an unknown region, mainly due to the fact that most Zexeners considered it to be on the outer fringes of Zexen territorry. However, this has changed with the sudden increase of activities within the Nameless Lands and Budehuc's subsequent fall to Nameless Lands forces. The region has since attracted much attention, mainly due to its geography. Even Falena traveled far with their massive fleet to capture this region, but the Nameless Lands held fast to its ancient walls, managing to protect the region from both Falena and Zexen despite their inferior numbers.

Again, Zexen troops have marshaled troops to retake their territory.
Leading the troops was Shadow Wolf, a recent hire by the Zexen military. It was said that he was trained in Harmonia in the notorious Howling Voice Guild, but others say that he used to be a powerful Bishop. Leading an impressive number of troops, Shadow Wolf was confident that he can win Budehuc back from the Nameless Lands.

Arriving at the gates of Budehuc, Shadow Wolf demanded a duel. "They will have to refuse, they have nobody who can defeat me," he thought as he waited for a reply.

Suddenly and without warning, the gates of Budehuc opened--thick mist pouring out from within. A mounted figure proceeded forward, clad in black full armor with a glowing bardiche on one hand.

As he dismounted from his monstrous steed, he spoke in a ghastly voice, "I am Sars Ad-Minh, by virtue of my contract with my employer, I shall gladly acquiesce to your demand."

Shadow Wolf was shocked that his challenge was accepted, and by none other than Sars Ad-Minh, known as the most powerful mercenary in the world. However, "A mercenary is a mercenary..." he thought, and readied his weapon.

The duel ensued.

Sars Ad-Minh took the initiative with a torrent of attacks, his bardiche impacting against Shadow Wolf's weapon with a thunderous sound every time it struck. Shadow Wolf's counterattack merely sliced the air, as Sars Ad-Minh dodged backwards with speed unbeknown for such a heavily armed fighter.

Shadow Wolf gasped for air as the battle continued, he desperately tried to defend himself; the idea of mounting an offense seemed impossible-- he was clearly out-classed. Who would have thought the Nameless Lands can hire this mercenary?

"Clang!" Shadow Wolf's weapon was knocked away by Sars Ad-Minh's powerful blow. He thrust his bardiche at Shadow Wolf's throat. "I can take your head as a gift for my employer, or you can collect your troops and retreat for today; the war can resume at a later time. It's your choice."

Shadow Wolf gasped, "We will retreat!"

Sars Ad-Minh retracted his bardiche-- "Perhaps I shall see you in the morrow." He then leapt onto his mount and disappeared into Budehuc's gates.

Shadow Wolf collected himself and ordered his men to retreat.

Nameless Lands wins this turn!

Last edited by Vextor on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Following the humiliating defeat by duel the other day, Zexen mustered its forces and again sent them towards Budehuc's walls. As the huge force approached the walls, the Nameless guardsmen manned the walls of Budehuc in preparation of another siege.

The siege started with Beast Rune's Juppon Gatana Regiment numbering 30000 attacking the southern wall. The cavalry quickly pulled various siege engines towards the wall, taking the Nameless Landers by surprise. Cavalrymen quickly dismounted and climbed the siege towers or manned battering rams to tear down the walls.

Nightrider's archers tried to resist the attack, but the vast difference in numbers proved difficult. However, they managed to keep the attackers at bay without letting any of them inside Budehuc.

Meanwhile, Zexen sent forth one of their hired mercenaries, Sadness, and her 26943 Razor Wind magicians. As the mercenary mages started casting their spells to destroy the walls of Budehuc, arrows started raining on them from nowhere, killing them by droves and interrupting their concentration. It was cirape's archer regiment. They kept firing from beyond the walls, forcing an angry Sadness to retreat, unable to inflict any damage on the Nameless Landers at all.

Seeing that the siege led by Beast Rune's men was not progressing very well, Perceval sent 100 of his cavalry engineers to aid in the siege. However, as the approached Beast Rune's regiment, the gates to Budehuc suddenly burst open, and numerous cavalrymen poured out, led by the feared mercenary, Sars Ad-Minh. Swinging his bardiche above his head, the vampire mercenary charged forth, followed by his immense cavalry--the Trauerzug. Percival's regiment was squashed in an instant, and the Trauerzug shifted its attention towards the siege engines. The mercenaries lit the engines on fire, slaughtered anyone inside it, and destroyed whatever remained.

As a result, Beast Rune called off the siege and retreated. Although nightrider managed to defend Budehuc from Beast Rune's siege, his regiment was virtually wiped out, and he was himself wounded in the battle.

With Beast Rune's defeat, Zexen forces realized that their strategy has failed, and retreated from Budehuc altogether.

Nameless Lands wins this turn!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Zexen]
Round 1: Beast Rune (Cavalry) 30000 - 3317 = 26683
Round 2: Sadness (Magician) 26943 - 5837 = 21106
Round 3: Percival (Cavalry) 100 - 100 = 0

[Nameless Lands]
Round 1: nightrider (Archers) 6633 - 6633 = 0
Round 2: cirape (Archers) 5837 - 0 = 5837
Round 3: Sars Ad-Minh (Cavalry) 143493 - 37 = 143455
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadness is listed as an Archer. :? Am I missing something?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She was apparently a magician before becoming an archer.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1128479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just checked my spreadsheet, which I haven't had time to update for a few weeks (it will be a nightmare now) but Sadness is listed as an archer and the cash logs show no transaction for changing her regiment.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really, oh well, it's too late. Synchysi checked with Gaara before the war results were calculated to see if this was a mistake, but Gaara assured that Sadness was a magician. Thus, the result will stand.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhh... wow. I guess I gained from whatever happened there. I would feel cheap, but if Gaara confirmed she was a magician then I guess them's the rules.

Anyway, my regards to my noble opponents. Till we meet again.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: