Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Aldo & Ted [Spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we know that some definitely do, but he's insisting, and i'm asking where he found this proof.

also, i think there was a mention somewhere that yuber and pesmerga shared a weapon name as well...i think in sIII, yuber's new weapons have the same name as pesmerga's in sII. *i think...been awhile*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted's bow in Suikoden I isn't exactly the same as Aldo's bow in Suikoden IV anyway. Check the weapon guide in Suikosource. Ted's bow was Steel Bow, Copper Bow, Gold Bow, while Aldo's bow was Iron Bow, Steel Bow, Platinum Bow.... of course, that's gameplay-wise, but I don't think there was any info released that Ted did indeed keep Aldo's. Methinks someone just assumed it and some people took it as fact.

Hey, Helga and Gijimu have the same weapon name too. Maybe Gijimu killed Helga....... :shock:
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or, you know, Ted could have accidentally killed Aldo. I mean, sure, he died as a result of the Soul Eater, but he could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, it could be possible that Ted took Aldo's weapon out of respect. Just a thought.

Don't worry about offending me, either. I don't get offended that easily. ^^;;

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there are infinite possibilities; konami likes to 'recycle' certain ideas, it seems-some strange, some are just...'?'

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I hear one more Aldo is gay theory, I might scream. No, Eggith, there is no "nuff said." There's nothing, at all, to suggest Aldo is gay. Think it all you want, argue for it if you must, but you have no ground on which to stand and claim that it is a given fact. None.

Look at things through Japanese eyes. Remember the Japanese? They people who made this game? The culture you don't know enough about to make any sort of judgment here? Right, those Japanese. Look at the scene through their eyes and you find your little pet theory falls apart rather quickly.

Aldo is effeminate. There's no denying this. One might even say that he's a somewhat androgynous. That is, oddly enough, seen as a somewhat attractive trait by some in Japan. Visual Kei, anyone? It's a western thing to think that androgeny is visual evidence of homosexuality. Hell, I'm about as heterosexual as they come, and I'm still offended by this.

How about I ask you this instead. Let's just say you're right, and I'm wrong. What does it matter? Who cares if Aldo's gay? This whole thing is so childish. "Ooo, he's gay, ::titter titter::." Just let it rest already.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze, I think you're overreacting just a tad. Calm down, heh. It's not like anyone has said "OMGZ Aldo n ted make hot boy-boy luv omgz!!11" like some man-hungry yaoi fans will do if given the chance. People are just pointing out that they think Aldo is in love with Ted...not because they want Aldo to be gay, but just because they observed his behavior and thought "hrmmm...I think he's in love with Ted" They're even giving decent reasons for thier belief, reasons I mostly agree with. Yes, I also believe Aldo is gay. You said there was nothing at all to even suggest Aldo was gay...hello? He's constantly trolling for Ted and calls him "sweet" while they're taking a bath. That is a suggestion. It may not be proof, or definitive, but it is a suggestion that he might be.

But then again, there is no proof that Eilie loves Riou or that Kasumi loves Tir McDohl is there? The game never comes out and says it. It's all just a suggestion based on dialogue and events, a conclusion that players draw when they see one character give special attention to another character. Aldo gives this same attention (and some would argue more) to Ted. If Aldo just wanted to be friends with Ted, that would be one thing. But a friend doesn't stalk your every move, want to know your every thought, observe everything you do, worry about you 24/7, and want to spend every waking moment with or near you. The fact that Aldo's comment box entries are about Ted also says something about this.

And it's not like I want Aldo to be gay. Heck, if I wanted to bastardize Suikoden characters and Suikoden canon by making straight characters gay I'd go for Hervey and Sigurd since they're the hot ones of Suikoden 4. Aldo and Ted are cute in thier own way, but nothing like the HAWT HAWT pirate duo Kika keeps with her at all times.

As for "Why does it matter?" That's a dumb question. This is a Suikoden forum. We talk about anything and everything Suikoden, and we present theories and discussion on Suikoden. If Aldo being gay doesn't matter than neither does any other detail about the Suikoverse. People come here to talk about Suikoden...and thats just what they're doing now. Talking about minor/detailed/overlooked Suikoden things at a message board.

Also, while we're on the subject of weapon names, both Ted and Odessa shared weapon names in Suikoden 1 if I remember correctly. And Yuber and Pesmerga's weapon is called the King Crimson, which is likely not the same exact weapon (based on visuals alone), only the same weapon name. Repeating weapon names are common throughout the series.

Aldo's ending means he was killed by the Soul Eater. It's so obvious, how can anyone not see it? The Soul Eater gains power by draining the life energy of those close to the bearer. That's why Ted was trying to stay away from Aldo (and anyone else). But then Aldo got close to Ted and became friends with him and !BAM!...no more Ted fanboy. If Ted does in fact use Aldo's bow from then on, it is probably out of respect and honor for a dead friend and comrade.

I doubt Ted would want to kill Aldo on purpose except in the off chance Aldo reveals he wants to kill Ted, wear his skin, and dance like a woman in front of a mirror.

Edit: Forgot to add the dreaded sarcasm color.

^Actual quote!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally, at least, an intelligent point of view from your side of the argument. Really, look at this thread before now, and tell me the response hadn't essentially been "Ooo, he's gay, ::titter titter::." Even your earlier post really offered nothing to the idea.

Personally, I have no opinion on Aldo's sexual orientation, because it doesn't matter to me. You do have a valid point in your response to my comment that it didn't matter, period. I was just as wrong in my absolute as Eggith was in claiming Aldo's being gay was an absolute.

Yes, I was very harsh in my post, because I was rather tired of threads like these. Your post changed that, because it's the first really well thought out argument in support of your theory. If it took my rant to draw that out into the open, I am content with that.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMGZ Aldo n ted make hot boy-boy luv omgz!!11

Happy Thunder?

Anyway, I'll say the same thing about Aldo that I did about Gremio, I seriously doubt that he's gay. Yeah Aldo is a bit femmy looking, and yeah he's a little obsessed with Ted, but you could look at it this way: Aldo has been away from humans for how long? He's most likely lacking in a few social subtlty skills, and proper ettiquette when making friends, thus, he's found someone he's fond of and acts how his underdeveloped mind tells him to. COme on, haven't you ever met anyone that had like ONE friend and they were COMPLETELY obessesed with that one person? That's how I see Aldo.

However, on the counter side, there's the ever-present rumor/fable/legend that Japanese culture has a fascination with homosexual men. While I have no proof either way of this theory, I will say that if it's true, than the Aldo=the gay idea gained a few more points toward validity. But I'm still right, and in the end isn't that what really matters? :mrgreen:

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hurrah for culture wars. anway, somone once wrote somthing about "stalker fans" in Suikoden, they may or may not be "infaturated" with so-and-so, they are just "amazed and in awe".

we've went over that Aldo was alone on the island, and we all have our people that click to us. Maybe he sees a kinderd Spirit in Ted, Ted, trying to push others away from him because of the rune, he is alone, Aldo was alone maybe he thinks if they are sad and lonly, as companions they can not be. Maybe somone said this alredy.

as for "Oh no hell is taking over Aldo is gay" and "it dosen't matter" ah yeh well...sure it dosen't, its not like -other- possible pairings that just destory the border of tastefull ness.

also, again culture. the world isn't "contempory american run by what-not" some cultures don't see any differance between heterosexual and homoxexual, its just some things that "dertimine the gay" as some would say. Heck some cultures accept guys being romantc with guys more than they do with women! imagen that.

Quote:
but a friend doesn't stalk your every move, want to know your every thought, observe everything you do, worry about you 24/7, and want to spend every waking moment with or near you. The fact that Aldo's comment box entries are about Ted also says something about this.

theres a word for that, aside from stalker. having an unhealty fixation on somone is't good, regardless of sexes and genders. Aldo makes himself look obcessed by doing that, which If somone were doing that to me I'd be annoyed.

(wait don't you recruite Aldo and Gau on the same place? maybe the other just landed, and wait, Elenor lived there as well? this makes things confussing)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

wait don't you recruite Aldo and Gau on the same place

Yeah, and I'm sure Gau is a wonderful converational companion.

"Hey, Gau, what do you think about vital social issue #1?"
"UGA UGA UGA!"
"Point taken. Next time could you wait until the squirrel is dead before eating it?"
:)

Aldo wasn't on the island THAT long, was he? He's not Robinson Crusoe or Tarzan or anything. It seemed to me to be only a few weeks. Maybe a month or so. His clothes are all intact and whole, his hair is neat and he just doesn't give the impression of "marooned on an uncharted desert isle for years." And yeah, why didn't he go to Elenor's? Maybe he was intended to be on another island and was moved there by the designers?

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Might simply have been unwelcome there; Elenor wasn't the social type, herself. It doesn't change the fact that Aldo could have been lacking in social skills though; it doesn't take being marooned on an island for years to lack those ;)
Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
"Hey, Gau, what do you think about vital social issue #1?"
"UGA UGA UGA!"
"Point taken. Next time could you wait until the squirrel is dead before eating it?"

ROFLMAO

Anyway, I'm sorry if anyone has become offended by this topic. This has just been my opinion on the whole matter. As a matter of fact, Aldo and Ted are two of my favorite fighting characters.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry, Seraphym. We're a hard bunch to offend, too! Hell, I'm a screaming queen myself so there's no way this topic is going to offend me personally (well, maybe not NO way, but board rules being what they are I doubt it will come to that...)

I use Aldo and Ted a lot, too. I actually get kinda mad at Ted when I see the animation when their unite gains a level. Aldo is such a nice guy, and I know why Ted is being so distant, but it just maskes me sad to see Ted treat him that way. It's for ALdo's own safety, but it still makes me sad.

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So much for Aldo bein' safe, eh? And I agree abou their unite level. It is sad.

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in truth... I have respect for Aldo... I do not think of him as gay but as a person concered with those he considers comrads..... I to am a person that feels very close to people that interest me... I do what I can to learn all about them male or female..... I see Aldo seeing a fellow archer that he felt a certian kinship being stuck on an island alone for so long to meet another archer that has been alone for 300 years..... In a way I think he saw some of himself in Ted and they just became friends... If I recall the soul Eater takes the souls of those close to the beaer so it might just mean that Aldo and Ted became very good friends like Mcdoul and Ted did..... but then again this is my own thoughts on this subjact.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: