Suikoden Urgent and Informational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Recipe 34
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Recipe 34 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have started a new game a few days ago, I wanna make this a perfect game (all sets, books, seeds, animals, recipes) but what's all the fuss about the recipe 34? I heard you can't get it past a certain point or something?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not quite. It's a coding problem where you can indeed get Recipe 34, you just shouldn't give it to Hai Yo unless you have Recipe 12 as well. You should only hand over Recipes 12 and 34 at the same time. This is because both Recipe 12 and 34 apparently shares the same memory address and seeing as you you obtain Recipe 12 much earlier in the game, players who give it to Hai Yo straight away can never find Recipe 34 because once you have given one to Hai Yo, enemies will no longer drop the other recipe.

So basically, when you get Recipe 12, DO NOT give it to Hai Yo, keep it on you until you get Recipe 34 later on and then give both to Hai Yo at the same time.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why did konami do that?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a coding error, nothing more.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, thanks.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've also been able to get several recipe 12's when it is supposed to be a unique drop. WHile hunting for double-strike runes I ended up with three ... and I had already given it to Hai Yo.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, but you won't be getting any Recipe 34 on that file, if you've given Recipe 12 to Hai Yo, bank on it. As for Recipe 12, I don't know who told you it was unique but it's not, Eagle Men drop it, don't they?. I only know this much because it's an often quoted topic of frustration for Suikoden II completeists, such as myself.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, I didn't get a recipe 34 in that playthrough. I only did on my first one and I remember I didn't get recipe 12 that time.

I know some curio items in S1 were not unique (Sound/Window Setting 3, Nameless Urn and Opal come to mind), but I'm almost positive they are in the later ones. I know I've never gotten multiple copies of any of them other than those four previously mentioned and Recipe 12 that one time.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alot of recipes that are dropped from enemies are not unique finds. You can get them to drop as many recipes as you like.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave racipe 12 to Barbara, but I still can't get recipe 34. I have the hunter rune but I keep missing!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you tried putting them to sleep before using the Hunter Rune? I don't remember how it works against DoReMies, or in general in Suikoden II, but it's a tactic that works -great- against enemies in Suikoden III.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, I\ll try that, tnx.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let us know if it works. I never thought of trying it until someone commented about the tactic for Suikoden III. It's not going to be for awhile that I replay Suikoden II, so I won't be able to try it myself for a long time ^_^
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer to get the recipe before the end of the game. Otherwise you can't reap the benefits of actually using them, so for me, the hunter rune is quite useless.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is the food made by Recipe #34 so good as an item that you'd care about using it? I figure getting it is more about getting a perfect collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: