Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 5] Nameless Lands vs. Harmonia at Abarro/Chefurbo Kaimmuttal [C

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: [Phase 5] Nameless Lands vs. Harmonia at Abarro/Chefurbo Kai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The forest of Deca Frango spread in between the rural edge of Harmonia and the Nameless Lands. Out of the two routes used by traders who were brave enough--or crazy enough--to trade between Harmonia and the Nameless Lands, this route was the less-used due the frequency of bandit attacks.

Small clashes between Nameless Lands and Harmonia were not unheard of in this area, but most all of those were cases where one of the loosely connected tribes simply wandered into Harmonian territory by mistake for purposes of foraging and hunting.

This time was different.

As dawn broke the horizon, numerous ragged men emerged from the forest mists, holding their nameless, fabricated weapons. This was no foraging raid; it was an entire army sent from the depths of the Nameless Lands for the purpose of conquering Harmonia's domains.

Of course, Harmonia was already aware of this, thanks to their numerous scouts; they responded in advance by sending their own detachments to invade one of Nameless Lands domains. In a stark contrast to the Nameless Lands, Harmonian soldiers were in polished up plate armor--lined up in neat rows and marching in impeccable order.

The two armies encountered each other at the foot of the mountains, lining up in anticipation for the battle. Sea of banners waved on both sides.

A lone rider galloped forth from the Harmonian ranks, holding up a staff as he stopped. "It is with great pleasure on this hypothetically fateful day, a day that I have wondered would arrive at one time or the other, that I, Filipe, would wish with utmost sincerity and with all due respect regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or any other factor for which one can be ostracized, to have a duel. A duel using weapons brought from our homelands, made by our respective master smiths or magic taught to us by great rune sages in case you prefer the use of magic, whether it be runic or non-runic magic or any other type of non-physical combat method. Mayhaps I might interest you, eh?"

"I accept!" A man with a clear voice responds from among the ranks of the Nameless Lands. A man in flowing silk robes and long, black hair--a stark contrast to the rest of the ruffians, emerge from the ranks.

Felipe lets out a gasp of surprise, "You! But how...?"

The man said again, "I, Sai Fujiwara, accept the duel."

Without a word, Felipe unleashes a terrible torrent of lightning, striking Sai Fujiwara squarely and knocking him backwards, sending him crashing into fields of low grass. Felipe disembarks his horse to check if the battle is over; a slight smile appearing on his face as he almost skips in joy.

However, Sai Fujiwara stands up unscathed, protected by a powerful earth magic force field. "Was that your best, Filipe?" He says as he launches into an offensive. With blinding speed, he shoots numerous flaming arrows at Felipe. Surprised, Filipe is unable to respond, forcing him to cast some strenuous anti-magic spells at the last minute.

Panting, Filipe hurls a ball of lightning at Sai Fujiwara. However, Sai Fujiwara vanishes into nothingness as the ball of lightning passes through; he then appears at the flank of a bewildered Filipe, launching numerous flaming arrows at the Harmonian magus.

Filipe lets out a scream of agony as the arrows broke through his weakened anti-magic barriers. His robes were ignited as his flesh burned from the terrible magic of the former Harmonian Bishop. Harmonian guards galloped forward, "the duel is done! It's done!" They say frantically as they extinguish the fire on Filipe and carry him back to their camps.

Soldiers of the Nameless Lands roar a mighty roar as they revel in their victory, thanks to their mercenary captain. Sai Fujiwara returns to the ranks in fanfare.

Nameless Lands wins this Turn!

Last edited by Vextor on Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, it stinks that we lost that duel but that speech by Sir Filipe was the most spot-on hilarious thing I've read in quite some time! :lol: You didn't have him say "aboot" or "eh?" though, much to my disappointment, hehe.

Anyway, the battle has only just begun! Don't get cocky, Vaguelanders!!! :mrgreen:

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that was beautiful. Wonderful job.

Good luck piercing the vagueness next phase.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. Just spectacular. They should film that and show it every Christmas.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was truly a duel for the ages. It goes to show that you never count your opponent out until he is indeed done.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great job, to whoever it was that wrote this piece!

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonian troops began to gather at the gates as a wounded Felipe was carried in a stretcher to the medical tent. As the medics were treating his wounds, he yelled to the overseeing crowd outside.

"As a fighter of Harmonia, I, Filipe, must sadly state that this one has failed to capitalize in battle with a former Harmonian. I offer my sincerest apologies to all Harmonian soldiers, especially to my own regiment, The Executors of Harmonian order regarding the outcome of the battle. I assure you that in the future, this one will not lose any more battles, and furthermore I offer you my reasonings. First, I will dedicate mind, body, and soul to training as a way to anticipate further resistance to our great nation. Second, I will condition my own men as well as any volunteers in order to successfully defend Harmonia. Third, as a group we will . . ."

One Harmonian soldier overlooking the battlefield, fifteen feet away from the medical tent, heard the speech and shook his head. "Poor guy. He's talking nonsense. He seems delirious." But General Vincent05, Commander of the Harmonian Death Squad, merely chuckled. "That's actually normal," he told him "So we should be thankful that he's recovering already."

The Harmonian soldier pondered Felipe's condition for a brief moment, before Vincent05 shook his shoulder. "They're coming! Sound the horn!" he yelled.

The Nameless Landers had not waited for the Harmonian faction to bear arms. They immediately charged towards the Harmonian camp. Heading the initial siege was Ley, the Royal Guard Commander of the Passive Resistors and his 19,466 Infantry troops. Many of the men were seen yawning as they made their way towards the battlefield expressing a vague interest in the battle.

The Harmonian troops were still putting their complex armor on, and the state of the camp was one of pure chaos. However, Aisuru and his 10,000 horsemen ascended on their horses. "Hurry and get ready!" he ordered his Harmonian counterparts. He then looked at his own regiment and issued a command. "We will take the point!" The horsemen didn't bother putting on their armor and instead drew their swords. Aisuru gave the signal to advance, and the Harmonian horsemen were on their way.

The two regiments clashed at the foot of the mountains with swords clanging against swords. But the lack of armor on Aisuru's regiment increased their mobility and speed. In the end, that was the difference as Aisuru makes quick work of Ley's infantry. Because of the Royal Guard Training, Ley was able to minimize casualties, but in the end, the Passive Resistors lost 5,000 men while Aisuru and his own regiment gallop away without any scratches. Ley's regiment falls back as Vaguelander reinforcements fall in to their ranks.

Aisuru notices reinforcements on his own end and calls for the retreat of his entire regiment. He did not care to take any more chances fighting without any armor. Supplementing his troops were Karthur and his fully-armored 8,000 horsemen.

Ley notices their numbers and decides to leave much of his men with General Tekknopirate and his own Cavalry regiment. With the additional help, Tekknopirate's men numbered 11,838 soldiers in total. The horses neighed as Tekknopirate shot his sword towards the sky calling for the immediate advance toward the enemy.

Almost 20,000 horses met at the middle of the battlefield with numerous fighters collapsing in the ensuing battle. There was little, if any, room to roam. But Tekknopirate's numbers were the deciding factor in this exchange. As they cast aside their enemies, some were able to flank Karthur's men on two sides. Victims began to pile up on both sides, and it seemed like an eternity before both sides called for a retreat. The tally of deaths numbered 4,000 soldiers on the Vaguelanders' side and 5919 soldiers on the Harmonian end.

At this point, both sides begin to dwindle in numbers. The Nameless Land troops decide to try and attack one last time to capture the region for the Nameless Lands. Scarlet Assassin and the archers of the Velvet Moongazers numbering 15,865 soldiers prepare their bows for battle. As the Governor of Chefurbo Kaimuttal, he realizes the importance of keeping the battles far away from his citizens. With the people in mind, they march to the middle of the battlefield observing their enemies in the distance. Suddenly, the Harmonian contingent dashes towards Nameless Land forces. After wiping off beads of sweat on his forehead, Scarlet Assassin orders the Velvet Moongazers to dispatch the Harmonians. Volley after volley rained on the advancing unit and the arrows hit their desired targets, but Scarlet Assassin knew something was wrong.

The Harmonian soldiers refused to fall using their gigantic shields to deflect the incoming volley. As they made their way towards the archers, they discarded their shields and drew their swords. It was a trap. Vincent05 and the foot soldiers of the Harmonian Death Squad numbering 7,500 soldiers hid their identities behind the massive shields baiting the archers into depleting their ammunition. The Velvet Moongazers frantically tried to reload their bows with anything on the ground, but it was futile. The Death Squad succeeded in wiping out 7,500 archers while suffering no casualties.

With this defeat, Ley orders the Nameless Lands army to retreat back to Chefurbo Kaimuttal to regroup their forces. Ley's regiment filled up the fallen ranks of Scarlet Assassin's regiment successfully retreating their remaining army.

Back at the camp, the Harmonians shouted in jubilation successfully defending their territory for the moment. Felipe too seemed to recover from his wounds and had a nice little speech for the victorious warriors.

Harmonia wins this turn! (Sorta) :D

-----=<Results>=-----

[Nameless Lands]

Round 1: Ley (Infantry) 19466 - 5000 = 14466
Round 2: Tekknopirate (Cavalry) 11838 - 4000 = 7838
Round 3: Scarlet Assassin (Archers) 15865 - 7500 = 8365

[Harmonia]

Round 1: Aisuru (Cavalry) 10000 - 0 = 10000
Round 2: Karthur (Cavalry) 8000 - 5919 = 2081
Round 3: Vincent05 (Infantry) 7500 - 0 = 7500

Last edited by Cedric on Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to eliminate any confusion, our member's name is Filipe with an "I", not to be confused with the other member registered here named Felipe with an "E". ;)

Good luck in the final round my foes of vagueness!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, you expect the lowly Minister to remember that Mr. Flush? :D But thanks for the correction, sir!

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The two armies stared across the mountainous regions of Chefurbo Kaimmuttal. Morale in the Nameless Lands armies was low, after their royal guard, Ley had been defeated, and the Mercenary commander, Sai Fujiwara left the camp for parts unknown. Those that remained were the native, loyal, and faithful to the Nameless Lands and would not give up no matter the cost. Ley, from his beside called a conference of warriors and officers from the various parts of the land. "We must not lose here... Our Vaguelord Shrew is counting on us. I apologize that I have failed to live up to your expectations, and must depart immediately for Saintlier Port. I leave the situation in your capable hands." He said, pointing to Wataru 14 and Darkbeat, respectively. "Only you can carry out the will of the vague."

In the Harmonian camp, senior officer Filipe had been recovering from his wounds, and walked out to address his troops, who were readying the final assault on Chefurbo Kaimmuttal. He knew his forces were almost spent as well, so he had to make this last battle count. "I apologize to you all for failing you in my duel... Who would've thought that the former Bishop would suddenly show up in the fields with the enemy... However, it is no excuse for me to fail you now. On the eve of Bishop Nutflush's coronation as the new High Priest... We must emerge victorious, and begin a new era for the Harmonian people!" Revitalized by Filipe's inspiration, two officers, Eloriel and the previously victorious, Aisuru came forth to answer the call to arms.

And so it was to begin, both armies fell into formation. Harmonia and the Nameless Lands... The victor would claim both the territories of Abarro and Chefurbo Kaimmuttal.

Immediately, the magicians under the command of Wataru14 walked out, ready to prepare a spell, to drive back the slowly advancing Harmonian army. Little did Wataru14 know, but Eloriel had just given the command for her archers to open fire on the enemy army. The arrows fell in a horrible rain of death, breaking the lines of the Nameless Army, and forcing the magicians into a general retreat.

----=<Round 1>=----
Wataru14's The Light Fantastic Regiment (Magician) and Eloriel's Regiment (Archers) engage in battle!

Eloriel's regiment suffers 0 casualties, leaving them with 5500 soldiers, while Wataru14's regiment suffers 5500 casualties, leaving them with 4641 soldiers.

Eloriel's regiment wins!

Now, it was up to Darkbeat to attempt to restore order. The infantrymen under his command desperately tried to reform their lines, but their efforts were rendered fruitless, as Aisuru's elite cavalry charged forth, and broke their lines.

----=<Round 2>=----
Darkbeat's Regiment (Infantry) and Aisuru's Regiment (Cavalry) engage in battle!

Aisuru's regiment suffers 0 casualties, leaving them with 10000 soldiers, while Darkbeat's regiment suffers 3524 casualties, leaving them with 0 soldiers.

Aisuru's regiment wins!

With their lines broken, the morale of the Nameless Land's warriors was shattered. Harmonian forces charged forth and decimated the fleeing forces. Nameless Lands soldiers were pursued almost as far west as Verm Oogen. Harmonia was now in complete control of the Chefurbo Kaimmuttal mountains. The victorious soldiers returned to their encampments to rejoice this awesome victory!

Nameless Lands: 0 wins.
Harmonia: 2 wins.

-----=<Results>=-----
[Nameless Lands]
Round 1: Wataru14 (Magician) 10141 - 5500 = 4641
Round 2: Darkbeat (Infantry) 3524 - 3524 = 0

[Harmonia]
Round 1: Eloriel (Archers) 5500 - 0 = 5500 WIN!
Round 2: Aisuru (Cavalry) 10000 - 0 = 10000 WIN!

Harmonia wins this turn! And gains Chefurbo Kaimmuttal!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: