Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

is there something more to suikoden?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: is there something more to suikoden? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

have you ever notice there is always two plot to the suikoden serie?

i want to know if people noticed it so i'll wait to see some guesses befroe saying mine

hint: one is last for about one game while the other is extended on many suikoden.
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no idea what that says, sorry.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're referring to the large scale and personal conflicts within each game I follow you. For example, Suikoden I had the large scale rebellion-against-the-Empire plot, but also the more personal story of Tir learning to deal with the Soul Eater and having to face his father etc. Suikoden II also has the upscale Highland invading Jowston story, but he personal plot of Riou and Nanami fighting Jowy, and the quarrel between the Bright Shield and Black Sword.

But that's probably not what you mean, because you appear to be quite unsound of mind.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there is always a political plot and a Runic plot. Sometimes they are linked, but other times they are just coexistant. Usually the political plot can exist without the Runic plot.

S1: Liberation Army vs. Empire / Tir keeping Soul Eater from Windy
S2: Jowston vs. Highland / Bright Shield vs. Black Sword
S3: Zexen vs. Grasslands vs. Harmonia vs. Luc / Luc vs. True Wind Rune
S4: Island Nations vs. Kooluk / Konami vs. Rune of Punishment's curse

Is that what you mean?

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His meaning could be any of a large number of possible things. He could be talking about the underlying battle for control of the runes. He could also be talking about the internal struggles each hero must go through within each game involving all sorts of things. He could also be talking about something else all together but I am not even going to try to go into that because he's on his own with that one. However there are plenty of interesting stories that have not been chased within the games that have potential to make possible side games down the line.

I would personally like to see something develop with the whole Clive being the head of the Howling Voice Guild though being run by the elders. I would like to see what would come of that considering he knows now what they were doing all along. If he is the leader of the Howling Voice Guild, what has he done to change thing around within it considering his knowledge of it's workings now.

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually i was talking about the fact that there are some problem swith the rune indeed. while the each concentrate on ONE war

there seems to be something going on that is beyong comprehension of human being. jsut look in suikoden 3 and 4

in the 3 we are talking about the war between chaos and order

in the 4 it seems there is a being form another world ( i forgot what he mentionned) but it seemed like he had something with the runes.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I do believe that there 2 stories in each game. The first story is what the game is all about, while the second story is simply the bigger picture of the main plot of Suikoden series which seems to revolve around the 27 True Runes.

So in a sense, I feel that Suikoden series is sort of similar to the Star Wars saga, though not as directly related with each other. In each episode of Star Wars, there is a story in it, but as a whole series, there's a bigger story. Same goes with Suikoden series. In each game, the main thing is the plot of the game itself, but in those games, hints are left that would make sense once the main plot is revealed to the players.

Or at least that's what I hope would happen. ^^;;

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Black Pesmerga.

The dual plot helicopters from plot point A of: war has broken loose. Then revolves to point B: the true runes start to mess with that war (or chaos) or your internal wars. Wars are assumed to happen in the Suikoden world other than the ones the games are made about. But the designers only chose wars that have some correlation to a true rune.

Seemingly, the span of the helicopter blades should be getting shorter. Meaning, that plot point A becomes more and more plot point B as they go through each game until the point at the last game where point A and point B are interchangable. In the last game, the war should be about the runes and the conclusion, I imagine will "star" (bad pun, sorry) all the stars who had true runes and lived to tell the story.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brecht, I couldn't agree with you more. That's also why I theorized that Suikoden IV was a prequel. Riou and Jowy aren't unaging. They're already full grown adults by Suikoden III. Unless the games are going to feature -new- bearers of Bright Shield and Black Sword, they need to be alive for the final Suikoden, and preferably young enough to be effective warriors - fans might be irked to have to push around the great warriors of the Dunan Unification War in wheelchairs ;) So all the rest of the backstory and such they need or want to tell has to be done in prequel form.

My personal pet theory is that V will be in the past, and VI and VII will return to the modern timeline. It'd basically be the original five games we all expected, with a two-volume jump into the past to further flesh out the world and set up certain True Runes and their bearers.

But yes, I believe both you and Black Pesmerga seem to be talking about what Cyrano is hinting at, but I guess we'll find out soon?
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, this is exactly what i was talking about guys!!

fiew!! i glad i didn't imagine things!!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally don't really like the idea of all true rune bearers showing up in the final Suikoden game. I actually think that while the main storyline would revolve around the True Runes, I would not really expect all 27 of them to be in one same game, and especially not all 27 True Rune bearers.

If all 27 True Runes and their bearers are in the game, it would definitely be a very difficult job for Konami to make a good story because there would be so many things to cover. You can't put a True Rune bearer in the game and just ignore them. I'd still predict the game to feature many True Runes, but it'd only revolve around the "main True Runes" in the game rather than having all of them at once.

But yeah, I could be very wrong. ^^;;

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well it is not mandatory to have the bearers, have'nt we seen that runes have their own schedule and personality? beside who says all the truen rune'S should have to be there? it seems the rune are merely instruments, there seems to be something else going on in the after world ( or something like that)

SPOILER!!

remember that big guy in suikoden 4 who wanted to have the true runes for himself in his sort of big ghost-ship?
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could have all the True Runes without having 27 Unique bearers.

The Night Rune is (attached to) the Zodiac Sword, for example.
The Sovereign Rune is attached to the hilt of Barbarossa's weapon.
The Beast Rune doesn't seem to take a master.
The True Wind Rune is MIA.
Same goes for the Circle Rune and Rune of Change.
And who can say how many True Runes Harmonia already has captured?

Basically, if the final Suikoden really was about the True Runes, the only bearers we'd need to see in action are-

Tir - Soul Eater
Leknaat - Gate Rune
Riou and Jowy - Rune of Beginning
Yuber - Hachifusa Rune
Sierra - Blue Moon Rune
Millia - Dragon Rune
HeroIV or his contemporary - Rune of Punishment
Sasarai - True Earth
Geddoe - True Lightning
Chris - True Water
Hugo - True Fire

But then, this also complicates things, because we were allowed to choose the Flame Champion in S3. Maybe the final Suikoden will allow you to load S3 data, and the True Runes will be attached to whomever you chose in S3? Who knows.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Hugo's official as Flame Champion precisely to avoid that problem in later games. Still, I disagree with Black Pesmerga on one point: you CAN ignore True Rune Bearers. Just how big a role did Joshua play in GS1, for example? I think all the True Runes -need- to be present at the "final battle" - because I think this will be the final battle in one way or another - but not all the Rune Bearers need to take major roles. Some may only be glimpsed on the sidelines. I doubt the leader of the Sindar will ever be more than glimpsed, really. He'll be present, but only that. Most won't be Stars of Destiny. And I imagine many will be "villains," or at least on the opposite side from the Tenkai.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze, well you can ignore a True Rune bearer *if* they're not meant to have any central role in the storyline. Joshua's role in Suikoden I was simply as the leader of the Dragon Knights which helped the Liberation Army. It has nothing to do with his Dragon Rune at all. Hence, it was possible for Konami to ignore him and give a very minor role.

On the other hand, if the final Suikoden game were to focus on the 27 True Runes, it would be a bad idea to ignore the True Rune bearers because then you'd be left with half-arsed characters. So in a sense, Joshua (or Milia) would have to have larger role unless the main story would only revolve around "several" of the 27 True Runes rather than all 27 of them in which they would only need to focus on the bearers of the "several" True Runes.

Krawnik wrote:
Basically, if the final Suikoden really was about the True Runes, the only bearers we'd need to see in action are-

Tir - Soul Eater
Leknaat - Gate Rune
Riou and Jowy - Rune of Beginning
Yuber - Hachifusa Rune
Sierra - Blue Moon Rune
Millia - Dragon Rune
HeroIV or his contemporary - Rune of Punishment
Sasarai - True Earth
Geddoe - True Lightning
Chris - True Water
Hugo - True Fire

Why? What happened if Suikoden V and VI and VII etc have True Rune bearers as the main characters? They somehow wouldn't have to be in the final Suikoden game?

And just because some of the True Runes are MIA or don't have any bearers, it wouldn't really make sense either if they're just *there* with no one at all.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: