Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Castle Names - What are Yours?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Castle Names - What are Yours? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello. I apologize if a topic like this has already been created, is in the wrong forum, is not necessary, or just deservant of being locked in general...

I'm just wondering what everyone named the castles in Suikoden, from the first to the third (and the fourth, if it has one; I haven't played it yet, for I haven't even finished Suikoden III). This came to mind because of my latest, hilarious name for a castle, courtesy to my even crazier father, who enjoys watching me play the game, but never plays it himself. Anyway, run-on sentences aside, I'll start...

Suikoden I: Well, I am unsure on what I named it recently, but I know I originally named it Dragon Castle. I like dragons, and just liked the suggest, so that's what it became. Cheesy name, I know, and if I'm remembering correctly, it is actually suggested in the game by someone (can't remember who). But hey, it's a start, right? ;)

Suikoden II: This is when things get, um, silly... I named the castle "Turkey Castle" :lol: No, I do not know why. All I know is that I was randomly thinking of crazy names, on a day when I was particularly insane. Suddenly I shouted "TURKEY CASTLE!", bringing my brother and I into hysterical laughter. And so "Turkey Castle" became the name. Everytime a person said "Okay! I'll head off to Turkey Castle!" or something along those lines, it would bring chuckles to me :lol:

Suikoden III: Ooookay, this is really silly... Basically, I was wandering around the castle with Thomas, and I noticed that there seemed to be more ducks than people. I also, for some reason, have become rather fond of the Tourist Duck who hangs around near the front door of the castle, and always look for him when I pass by, while shouting "Tourist Duck!". My father found this incredibly humorous, apparently. So when it came time to name the castle, I was going to name it "Turkey Castle" again, but then my father said "Duckville!" I laughed and found that awesome, and was going to put that when my father shouted "QUACKERS!" Cracking up, that became the name of Budehuc castle... Quackers Castle. I was already dying of laughter when Cecile decided to shout the castle's name in battle:

"QUACKERS!
QUACKERS!!
QUACKERS!!!"

.... Needless to say, the entire family room was laughing their head off :lol:

Next time I play (to get the 108 Stars of Destiny), I'm thinking of either naming it "Quackers" again, or "Duh". "Duh" was also my father's idea, because it would be funny to have Cecile shout "DUH! DUH!! DUH!!!", and have people say "Okay! I'll go to Duh Castle!" :lol: But "Quackers", being the classic that it is, may just stay.

---

Oh, and another curious thing I noted: Orange Castle appears to have been recommended as a castle name for Suikoden I-III (or at least I believe it was recommended in I?). Konami must really like the color orange, or something...

Anyway, what did all of you name your castles, and if you have a reason (unlike myself), why did you give it that name? I'm really curious ;)

((Note: Breeze does indeed understand that she is absolutely insane and should be in an asylum. She escaped the last one she was in, though, and the people in white are starting to give up))

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I

Toran Castle 99% of the time. It just makes sense and I rarely name something based on my own personal preferences. It's known as the Castle on Lake Toran, therefore Toran Castle is a most logical name.

My one experimentation came with "It's a" Castle. Leading to much "It's a Castle??? Wow! I'll head right there!" moments while recruiting Stars of Destiny. Funny, but it meant I couldn't take the game seriously so I quickly started a new file over it with, you guessed it, Toran Castle.

Suikoden II

Dunan Castle. See a pattern? It's a castle on the shores of Lake Dunan, why not? I'd have called it North Window Castle except it simply doesn't fit. I think I may have called it "Allied Castle" in one play-through however. My army is normally the Allied Army or something equally boring.

Suikoden IV

Longhorn. Well, the ship that serves as my base was called the Longhorn, seeing as you don't have a castle. Anyone who knows my namesake (What? You didn't think John Layfield was MY name, did you?) can see the reasoning and deep personal reflection that went into naming the ship.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boring boring me.

I usually got for the default names, but if I'm feeling cheeky I'll give them silly names (highlight for silly names)
S1: Toran / Tampon
S2: Dunan / No silly name. Sorry.
S3: Budehuc / S**tpile
S4: Dauntless / Fairy Boat

Sometimes I will also name Tir "Bator."

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S1: Toran Castle, I had already played Suikoden II so naturally I used the name mentioned there
S2: Genkaku Castle, since Viktor told the story of Genkaku right before I got to name the castle
S3: Budehuc, I let it stay that way since I had no idea how to pronounce it :mrgreen:
S4: Dauntless, I already spent a good 30 minutes thinking of a name for the army so I just decided to go with one of the options for the ship
Star Dragon Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragon = Suikoden 1
Dragon = Suikoden 2
Dragon = Suikoden 3
Makaveli = Suikoden 4

I Named all my armies Dragoon except for number 4 wich I named Outlawz
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't there a thread about this already?

Anyway here goes:

Suikoden I: Suikoden

Suikoden II: Suikoden

Suikoden III: Nothing yet I haven't played the game.

Suikoden IV: Suikoden

Yes the name of the game.
gari

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Star Dragon Sword wrote:
Dragon = Suikoden 1
Dragon = Suikoden 2
Dragon = Suikoden 3
Makaveli = Suikoden 4

I Named all my armies Dragoon except for number 4 wich I named Outlawz

respect. Do you wanna ride or die?
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah there is another thread revolving around this subject in character discussion. It started as what did you call your hero and covers what people have called their castles as well as armies through all the games. You can find it....here!

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1872&start=60

So with that I guess it's up to the mods if this thread continues to stay open.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe, I just want to comment on one thing, Breeze's Suikoden III castle names are just hilarious, I can imagine how funny seeing Cecile repeat these name at the battlefield ^)^.

I'll try making my own silly names next time I play Suikoden III.

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF, Thanks for the link! I never would have thought to look in Character Discussion, and thus didn't check there. I'll have to remember to look in all of the forums next time ;) Mods, feel free to lock this if you wish.

Njord, thanks for the comments :lol: I'll let my crazy father know that you like his wild ideas. And I'll have to think of my own crazy ones next time. Maybe "Cuckoo Castle" or something...

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's no problem, just trying to make myself useful while I sit idly by watching the boards and reading the posts.

Crazy names for characters is a good one...I had McDohl named...uhm...F*** me McDohl. It was pretty hilarious having people run around saying Young Master F*** me. That could just be my depraved sense of humour though. I obviously didn't play the whole game like this I was just bored one time and yeah, that's it.

Sorry if that doesn't appeal to any of your senses of humour or offends people but c'est la vie. It got me laughing.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
It's no problem, just trying to make myself useful while I sit idly by watching the boards and reading the posts.

Crazy names for characters is a good one...I had McDohl named...uhm...F*** me McDohl. It was pretty hilarious having people run around saying Young Master F*** me. That could just be my depraved sense of humour though. I obviously didn't play the whole game like this I was just bored one time and yeah, that's it.

Sorry if that doesn't appeal to any of your senses of humour or offends people but c'est la vie. It got me laughing.

*dies* That's the best xD *cracks up* My sense of humor goes into all kinds of extremes, and that's just perfectly hilarious. No one else in my family would find it all that funny, though. Oh well, I'm alone in my horrible humor ;)

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF, your crazy ^/^ (in a good way), I once used a similar name when I was showing Suikoden II to some of my friends (won't say what I used ;p), imagine Jowy calling Hero II by a dirty name (funny and silly, but I didn't feel good using it in a real game just like you).

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I: Toran Castle... normally I'd name it Alliance Castle, but I have a pet peeve about getting Aora Castle during Suikoden II. :x

Suikoden II: Alliance Castle

Suikoden III: Alliance Castle

Suikoden IV: The Dauntless - yes, boring... it took me off guard. Next time I'll name the ship "Eggcream"... but I named the army "Alliance" too. It always applies.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*gives PF a 66 points for originality* That must have been funny. However, it must have been a bit disturbing at times too.

Suikoden I: T e h Castle, Dragon Castle

Suikoden II: (can't remember if I got far enough in the game to name it)

Suikoden III: Karaya Castle, Orange Castle, Castle Castle, Lake Castle, Budehuc Castle

Suikoden IV: Chicken

EDIT: Stupid t-e-h filter.

Last edited by Tonberry on Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: