Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Profound with impact

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Profound with impact Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, I know its not right to start a topic, and run away from it. but, thats my tradtion.

anway which games/anime have had a profound impact on your very being, what did it make you feel, how did it change your mind?

if you are a writer how did it speek to you? did you get infused with inspiration, inflance? were you attracted to it or liked it because it seems like your plot/world/characters are cut from the same cloath as those?

I get it a lot, somtimes so that maybe Its unhealty. Plus prehaps other things.

for me, where games are concerned various Final Fantasyies have done this, some Suikodens and Kingdom hearts. I keep on deluding myself into thinking I'm a writier, maybe I am, but I do nothing about it, when I see things that are "like I would do" I get excited. it makes it differnt for me.
maybe even the alter reality things from Ecco the dolphin: defender of the future and Orphen: scion of sorcery. that was deep to me. I was like wow. Playing Kingdom Hearts: Chain of memories hits me with many wows, for feeling and for creative purposes.
somtimes also we see our selfs in characters so it hurts when they suffer, or we are happy when the overcome obsticals and trials.

so what plot/game/story/show has spoken to you in this deep of way? care to elaborate....don't be afraid. We shouldn't feel embarassed or fearfull that others will be horrbly judgmental.

who knows, maybe some people put to much importance on menial things like this.

anway I hope this topic goes long and far. lets share ourselfs in the most strangest of ways. ok?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one series or character has significantly influenced me or hit me in any way, but I have some I admire for their traits... one of those is Geddoe. He's pretty responsible, someone to try to emulate.

I really liked Tales of Symphonia. The characters came across as believable and stuff like that. Kratos' story made me sad, and so did Zelos'. Poor guys.

But no game has really impacted me in the way you speak, unless it gives me art/writing ideas.

Nice banner, Kuu. I hope God kills Snowe.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think almost any RPG I've played has taught me something one time or another. Most of the time, it comes in the form of one liners which made me think "Oh that makes so much sense."

One of these one liners was from Yun. "Let expectations bring happiness, not burdens." I had to think about that for a while because I'm the type of person that dislikes having goals set FOR me. But looking back at what she said made me think that those people only meant well. So while I still want to plan everything out on my own, at the very least, I am now open to suggestions.

As for whole themes, the choice vs. Destiny aspect in Suikoden has further enforced my belief that we can change anything if we just do something about it. I always believed that, but seeing it appear in a game means that others share my views.

Regarding writing, I don't do it too much. But ever since playing endless RPG's, I became fascinated by conflicted characters. I think the biggest enemy a person can have is themselves. And from there, this will trickle down to more problems down the road; problems that are more mainstream. For example, Jowy became conflicted with what he saw in the City State and the fact that Riou and company are fighting for them. He mentions in the end that he regrets all the lives he sent to their deaths. So his decision to turn to Highland basically started the main plot of Suikoden 2. Whenever I write something, usually there will be a character like that. Conflict makes the best plot after all.

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah... Jowy. Well, if any game inspired me to do anything, it's to hate the losers who betray their buddies (Jowy... Snowe... etc etc).
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of the very few fanfics I have, the most I've written about was from Star Ocean: the Second Story. I bought and played it during a depressing time in my life, and it helped me get my mind off things and get better. The characters are incredibly varied, yet things seem to knit together so well that they're not totally hodge-podging each other. Eleanor from Herlie (Linga in the manga and anime) hits me the most b/c she's suffering from a disease and seems to have given up hope for a cure, but the window in her room is the symbol of the hope still in her.

Heck, I like everyone in the SO2 universe, although Noel is questionable for me.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: