Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.hack//GU Vol.3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: .hack//GU Vol.3 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

todays the day when it comes out. who's gonna pick it up and play some massive hours on to it? if the game store out here has it i'll see about picking it up since i'll prolly have to trade in some games. hopefully they do since i have today off and would put some massive hours on to it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is the actual release date today, or is this the ship date? I warn you the stores probably won't have it until tomorrow. Practically any date you see as the release date online is when they ship it to the stores and then they all arrive the next day.

You would BELIEVE how many people I've had to argue about that with during my years at Gamestop. >_>

I'm stoked to play the third one--but I have to finish the second one first. I ran out of steam and didn't finish it, and now I have no time to play so I might just wait until I can pick up this newest one used. :3

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the 10th was the release date which was yesterday. so hopefully today some stores will have it in.

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, well in that case, they should have it! :)

I wonder if they've tweaked the battle system at all from the second one. THere were things in volume two that they had changed from the way they were in volume one that I thought were clunkier, but that's just me.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

since they changed a bit from 1 to 2, i bet they will change a few things. guess i'll wake up early today and will go to game store to see if they got.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alot of people I know were turned off from vol 2, but I think I'll still get this one after I finish Persona 3.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well if you played the first two i say it's best to always finish the series since you'll always wonder how it will play out. plus the new forum should be freaking sweet.

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll admit it--the forum and email features are my favorite features of all the .hack games. I dunno why, but it gives them that little extra something that seperates them from the standard sort of techno-fantasy RPG game for me.

glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope to get this game next weekend when i have time off work and play a ton of hours on it when i get it thats for sure.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I preordered my copy and it has shipped. Unfortunatly I won't be able to play it for a couple of weekends because I don't allow myself to play video games while I'm at college so have to wait for next time I head home. I'm already a little spoiled on several aspects of the game though.

As for battle system changes, there are a couple that I am aware of such as the third Ren-Geki getting changed to be something completely different. Also I believe you can perform a sort of combo atack where you perform two techniques right after each other with a single button(at least that was my understanding of that system). Oh and you can upgrade the lost weapons by farming for items! Yeah, that probably won't be too exciting.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How weird that the shipping date is on a Monday. Anyway, I pre-ordered this a while back and it should be in tomorrow, probably. But I haven't even started the second, so this one won't be played for a while...

Changing the system? What is the meaning of this? I will not tolerate it.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i picked up my copy an hour ago :mrgreen: . was surprised they had it in since i had to wait till a friday when vol.2 came out. hope to put in at least five to ten hours today.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm planning to pick it up on Thursday

I didn't pre-order it this time around cuz I was waiting for (yet again) Best Buy to get it so I could use a 10% off coupon...
But I decided I'll get it on Thursday whether I get a chance to go to Best Buy beforehand or not....because the anticipation is pissing me off...even though .hack games don't dissappear as easily/quickly as some other games

Moral of the story: video game coupons are evil

From what I can gather from gameplay videos...the battle system does look a tad different...but it's unnoticable/a wild guess at best

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i read from the booklet that there's a new divine awakening and with it you gather virus cores to power up your lost weapons. good to see some thing like that is in the game since the lost weapons rule.

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
i read from the booklet that there's a new divine awakening and with it you gather virus cores to power up your lost weapons. good to see some thing like that is in the game since the lost weapons rule.
Ah right that. That be the new "data-drain looking" one I believe.

I read somewhere else there was something else big that was different...can't remember it though off the top of my head...oh well....
don't mind me and my mumblings xp

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: