Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shin Megami Tensei
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just don't like how he's using the characters' nicknames(Lisa = Ginko, Eikichi = Michelle) in the menu and battle screen. :/

But! It's better than nothing and I really shouldn't complain.

Oh, and you'll need a copy of the game for the patch because you gotta burn a new CD with the game and patch... I forget the whole thing exactly but you can buy the game here if you want. Good luck finding a seller that speaks English.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
I just don't like how he's using the characters' nicknames(Lisa = Ginko, Eikichi = Michelle) in the menu and battle screen. :/

That's how it's done in the Japanese version, actually.

And Amazon Japan won't let overseas buyers buy video games. I'm not sure who else would carry it. I got my copy of IS for like 40 bucks, but that was years ago.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

red stuff wrote:
And Amazon Japan won't let overseas buyers buy video games. I'm not sure who else would carry it. I got my copy of IS for like 40 bucks, but that was years ago.

Really now... darn. My search continues! EDIT: Hya. But it's a greatest hits title and I have no money. Argh. >__>

Anyway. The site has been launched. Click here.

And 11 more days until Devil Summoner comes out. I CAN'T WAIT. D: They released the box art and - gasp - it's totally the same as the Japanese version's, only the Japanese version didn't need to point out that it's in the Shin Megami Tensei family.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the megaten games (and the ones associated with it) but unfortunately for me I've only played the ones that have made it onto the PS2 and Persona 2 for the PSX. I've always viewed them as being very creative/artistic games with very interesting storylines. They're really not cliche at all compared to a lot of other games. They're really great to play to kind of refresh you and make you able to sit through other more mainstream titles.

Of the 3 I've played Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne turned out to be my favorite.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The release date for Digital Devil Saga 2 in Europe is March 2nd for anyone who would like to pick it up and doesn't know. xD And Shin Megami Tensei 1 is available for the Wii in Japan right now. Too bad it's only for Japan though. It was a nice game.. I enjoyed the ending. The game itself made me pull my hair out and pop a few veins though, but no big. ^^

Jorge Prima wrote:

OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Persona 3 has been released! Anyone getting a copy?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jumped the gun a bit there, since it's not out yet. Two weeks.

Also, Persona 3 already has a well-established thread for itself. I'd link to it, but it's very easy to spot.

Hell of a lot easier to spot than this thread, anyway.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems the link you posted for the Persona 2: Innocent Sin translation isn't working, Angelus, so here's a different link for everybody: http://www.crosser.altervista.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=80

Seems to be atleast 22% complete, but that was last updated in December 2006....

I started playing SMT 1 (On my PSP no less :mrgreen:) and Persona 1 a week or so ago. I had some kind of idea that I was gonna get through atleast one Persona game before Persona 3, but I don't see that happening >___<
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fan translations tend to drop off like this. The first few months go great, but then the desire just fades. You get plenty of people to help, but all the writers and programmers in the world can't replace a translator. Look at the Tales of Destiny 2 translation, that hit a standstill after months of fantastic progress.

Anyway, I feel like finishing Nocturne before Persona 3 comes out. I wonder if I have it lying around here somewhere.
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, Persona 3 isn't out yet?

I read on GameSpot a few weeks ago that release was slated for 27 July 2007, that's why I thought it was released... How sad... :(

Anyway, as Leb has said, I really should complete my playthrough of Nocturne as well. I haven't even completed Devil Summoner yet, come to think of it. :?

Ah well, back to work then, I guess, and waiting for Persona 3 to come out...
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Gemini still posts sometimes at a board about the project and how she's short a translator, so we'll just have to see what happens.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoilers of DDS1 and 2 after this, so If you haven't finished the game and gotten the "special character" don't read.

So yeah, I just had to say (And Angelus will be happy to read this) that I, the great Futch has finished DDS1 and 2, WITH THE MAN, THE RED BASTARD, THE AGNI BADASS:

HEAT!

Woohooo, I'm so happy. I had so much trouble finishing this games (as our dear Angelus knows) that I couldn't stop myself from posting about it here.

And by the way, isn't Cielo's death like... completely awesome?

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently Gemini found a new translator and the project is back up. It was stated that the whole main game scenario has been translated, but random side-events, shops, stuff like that aren't yet.

Screenshot of Hitler in English = good.

Jorge Prima wrote:

Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OptimisticPessimist wrote:
Eh, Persona 3 isn't out yet?

I read on GameSpot a few weeks ago that release was slated for 27 July 2007, that's why I thought it was released... How sad... :(

I'm assuming Leb lives in a PAL region, just like myself, where Persona 3 isn't going to be released until early next year. It's already out in the U.S.

This is actually going to be my first Shin Megami Tensei game, I'm ashamed to say. About time, too.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb lives in... California?

That was posted when Persona 3 was originally supposed to be released in North America, but the game was pushed back 2 weeks because of the artbook, and apparently OptimisticPessimist wasn't informed...

Jorge Prima wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: