Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Pyschology Expiriment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Pyschology Expiriment Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This Friday I have a meeting with my Pysch Research Methods teacher. Were supposed to have Multipule "pitches" on study/expirement ideas that we can run at the campus. There needs to be two variables that we could manipulate durring the experiment. It has to be a active expirment, means we have to someway mantipulate the independent variables..

I know there must be other Pysch majors out there. (Noot!!) Who could help me out with some ideas for some cool research/expirments.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could do something about people's willingness to participate in psychological research.

Or on a more serious side, there is something I suspect my current psych teacher is doing... or I would if he had informed us of it at the start. There is an assignment we have to do 5 times - one for each unit. The instructions were given at the start of the course. So far we've handed in two of these assignments (And the next one is due tomorrow - I probably should get started on that.) The thing is that he has never told us or even hinted at how we have been doing with these assignments, and alot of us are confused and asking other people what they did and changing our format with each report. I dunno what my point is, but I'm sure this can be used in some way.

Or you could do what someone in my psych class last year did - go to a mall with an air gun (This thing that shoots a blast of air that feels like wind for quite some distance), shoot it at random people, and see what their reactions are. One guy threatened to kill them.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I talked to Noot for a while, and he helped me get the ball rolling as far as pysch expirements. I'm not entirally sure what I'm going to use yet, however its going to probally study behavoir of people when I swear really loud. Meaning I'll walk past people..and randomly cuss out a word..

Then my friend who's recording will judge the persons sex, and facial expression. Should be fun.. Thanks Noot for the idea!!

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It always intrigued me how some people simply flinched and gave up in hard times while others just shows an amazing heat and go for it even more. I am curious what is different betwen the people that have the will to win and keep optimist no matter how hard things go, and some that simply cries over nothing and I wouldn't think twice to make some research related to this if I was in your place. Even being a stupid idea and all I hope that you find that usefull...
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm confused to as what your actual expirment? Do you mean you've done something similar to the expirment I have planned? You mean you did some type of researcfh on people givign up as to why others strive on and push ahead under pressure? Sorry...I'm a little confused. You should eleberate on what all you actually did!

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't done anything like that. Altough I am interessed, I never had enough motivation to put people in dificult phisycal/mental situations to see what kind of difference there would be (it would be just too mean to do that just cause "I want to know"right?). I also never did anything related to your idea of experiment for the same reason. All that I said is that if I had to do a psychology experiment I would do something like testing people to see what differs the guy with iron will from the whiner. And since you asked for an idea I gave you mine, that's all. Hope this time I make things a little more clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: