Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where'd the hat go?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Where'd the hat go?! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I've noticed, Sasarai has this big squishy bishop's hat when you meet him in S2 for the very first time.

When you see him in S3, the dratted thing's just... gone.

Any idea on what happened to it? Got lost in the wash maybe? Or when he acheived a higher rank, mebbe he ditched the hat? O.o

Mebbe Dios threw it away.
That's another thing...
Where was Dios in S2?!

Just a crazed Sasarai fangirl wondering if you guys ever thought of the same thing.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps now that he was a playable character they belived a giant blue hat would be.. to exessive? Or he just forgot it back in Harmonia.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated that stupid hat. Prior to S3, he was hand's down my least favorite character because of that big blue lameass hat. It's a good thing he rocked in S3, or else i would've still hated him. but now its cool, the true earth rune kicks, and he gave his crown to Edge for the crappiest character title.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe he wagered on it and lost the bet :mrgreen:, anyway I would not care since he looks more cuter without it, but Seriously I think it is because he got higher in rank.:wink:

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he was a lot tougher in the third game than in the second....since konami decided to make in a SoD in the third, they knew that no one would have been happy w/ a Harmonian priest wearing a clown hat the whole time...they had to make him look soemwhat cool............

Quote:

Where was Dios in S2?!

Sasarai and Dios didn't meet until the HighEast Rebellion b/t the 2nd & 3rd game..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That large hat is supposedly worn only when going to a foreign nation on official business.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sasarai secretly hates Harmonia and tries to give it a bad reputation by going out in various ridiculous hats. One day he'll wear one so atrocious that the entire country will be brought to it's knees.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe he just realized how completely goofy the thing looked and got rid of it.

Mercury's Marines

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that some little 5 year old child in their finite way of saying things made a comment to Sasarai about how stupid his hat made him look. Upon hearing that comment he became overly self-concious and took it off never to wear it again.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoo...I actually get answers that make sense and answers that actually sent me falling off my chair.

The Strategist> Thanks for the thing about Dios.
SARSAdmin> The only thing I can say: Ohhhhhhh.... *nods thoughtfully*
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
That large hat is supposedly worn only when going to a foreign nation on official business.

So...Konami actually bothered to make a reason for getting rid of the hat? XD

Wasn`t he technically on "official business" in Grassland when he was leading the Harmonian army?

Anyway, I guess someone(either someone in the story or at Konami) realized it looked silly and got rid of it. It wouldn`t be very practical to wear that hat during a fight, either...

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he wore it in a fight, I have a mental image of him chasing after it every time someone used the Shredding.
Complaining every time it got wet from Kindness Rain.
Holding on to it everytime he chanted Earthquake.

Oh the parodies.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I must be the only one, but...
I liked his hat.

That's right, I really liked the odd hat. It was unique and yes, strange, but I thought it looked very... church-ly. (I know that's not a word, but forgive me, I don't know how else to say it.) It made him look distinguished in a strictly harmonian sense, and in the same way hats in other religions of our world do. Think of the pope's hat, or other religious garb from whatever religion. Modern popular oppinion seems not to agree, but the unusual and attention-grabbing appearance can also look powerful. Besides, I thought the hat added something to the look of what we knew to be harmonian culture.
So to me, the hat was endearing.

When I saw he didn't have it in Gensui3, I was first confused as to why, then sad because I'd miss it, then eventually it made some sense to me. His role seemed a little different than in 2, so I take his not wearing the hat as it just not being a necessary accessory for fighting in the grasslands and the Gensui3 situation/setting. I don't know exactly why the artist/writers decided not to have the hat there, but in my own mind I can make a bit of sense out of it at least. The harmonian 'image' provided by the hat just wasn't his main concern.
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People....... ITS A FREAKIN HAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comon give it a break we all have hair and sometimes we change the style of it.
Whell now the dude (no idea who your talking about) decided to leave that stupid looking hat home, maby he finaly bought a toupet (fake hair)....?

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but it's also a really unique hat. not a freaking hat. and he doesn't need a wig, he's got a full head of hair. He sold the hat to Edge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: