Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

great race
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you want to see for a new race?
Racoon-people
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Hawk-people(like the ducks but having wings also)
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Mouse-people
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Fariy
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
other/orginal
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
deer-people
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
selkie(bluntly a were-seal)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
people with purple skin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
toad or frog-people
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 43

Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I don't know what to say to some of you who voted for no more races. For Suikoden fans I find your lack of interest and fascination surprising. Are you trying to say that out of the Millions of Worlds in the Multiverse, you aren't even interested to find out what Konami has in store. What about the City of Eternity, the World of Wings and Scales, I doubt only dragons live there, what about the Southlands and the Nameless lands, it would be pretty boring if only humans lived there.

I find the girl with the horns to be quite refreshing as up to now you thought you knew most things about the Suikoverse and this is proof that we don't. Also you don't know if she belongs to a certain species or is some kind of crossover, not necesarily with a human. I wonder where she comes from. I'm not sure what species Noah was either, but I was intrigued to find out. I for one would like to see more species, original not specificaly compared to any animal and not taken from myth and legend.

The point is Suikoden games are really appealing to alot of people and I think your attitudes are ignorrant and ungrateful to say the least.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I'm not sure what species Noah was either

Noah is human pretending to be a Nekobold, I think Sars or anyone else can confirm this, is obvious.

Her paws and ears are like a costume, in the same manner that Fu Su Lu isn't a tiger and Gau isn't a wolf.

Of course is late and I could be wrong.

EDIT: Make that early the sun is out...
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not so sure, SARS knows more about the Suikoverse than alot of people, but I usualy like to see official proof to back it up. There's not really any information about Noah in the game, what does the strategy guide say about her.

Interesting thing about gnomes. I typed in kobold at dictionary.com and got this.

n.
1. An often mischievous household elf in German folklore.
2. A gnome that haunts underground places in German folklore.

[German, from Middle High German kobolt. See cobalt.]

Main Entry: kobold
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: in German folklore, a haunting spirit, gnome, or goblin
Etymology: Middle High German kobolt `goblin'

[German Kobalt, from Middle High German kobolt, variant of kobold, goblin (from silver miners' belief that cobalt had been placed by goblins who had stolen the silver).]

This might explain why kobold is not only a term used to derscribe dog people, but also cat people, i.e. Kobold and Nay-Kobold.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well yes I rather have proof too but I think is obvious, as for the Guide, though I just gave it a brief look and never actually used it while playing the game according to many people over at Suikosource is rather flawed, so I wouldn't trust it for information.

Now as for Kobolds, well first Neko is cat in Japanese apparently so that is why in the Japanese Suikoden IV they are called Nekobolds which is more correct, now in the English version needless to say it has to do with the island, now as for Kobolds in general I saw them appear elsewhere too, in a western Dungeon's and Dragon's kind of game apparently like Chimera and the sort they are legendary creatures, I'm guessing in a more monster way than Dwarfs and Elves...
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know all about Neko. I'm level 3 in Kanji and currently looking at level 2.

Kobolds are mentioned in Betrayal at Krondor in the dwarven mines, I remember because they increase your strength in exchange for some rare armour.

Are you talking about the Suikoverse kind of Chimera. I looked it up on dictionary.com. I think this explanation is the appropriate one. I was thinking of Chimera from Arc the Lad.

chi·me·ra also chi·mae·ra (k-mîr, k-)
n.

1. a. An organism, organ, or part consisting of two or more tissues of different genetic composition, produced as a result of organ transplant, grafting, or genetic engineering.
b. A substance, such as an antibody, created from the proteins or genes or two different species.
2. An individual who has received a transplant of genetically and immunologically different tissue.
3. A fanciful mental illusion or fabrication.

[Middle English chimere, Chimera, from Old French, from Latin chimaera, from Greek khimaira, chimera, she-goat. See ghei- in Indo-European Roots.]

n.
1. Greek Mythology. A fire-breathing she-monster usually represented as a composite of a lion, goat, and serpent.
2. An imaginary monster made up of grotesquely disparate parts.

Main Entry: chi·me·ra
Variant: or chi·mae·ra /kI-'mir-&, k&-/
Function: noun
: an individual, organ, or part consisting of tissues of diverse genetic constitution
Chimera, Greek mythological character. The Chimera was a fire-breathing she-monster made up of the front parts of a lion, the middle parts of a goat, and the tail of a snake.

chimera

n 1: (Greek mythology) fire-breathing she-monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail; daughter of Typhon [syn: Chimera, Chimaera]
2: a grotesque product of the imagination [syn: chimaera]

Apparently the Chimera appears at L'Renouille Castle. I vaguely remember a monster like that: The part Lion part Goat, part Serpent, but I thrashed my way through L'Renouille first time. I'll need to play Suikoden 2 again sometime to familiarise myself with it's events.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
Now as for Kobolds, well first Neko is cat in Japanese apparently so that is why in the Japanese Suikoden IV they are called Nekobolds which is more correct, now in the English version needless to say it has to do with the island, now as for Kobolds in general I saw them appear elsewhere too, in a western Dungeon's and Dragon's kind of game apparently like Chimera and the sort they are legendary creatures, I'm guessing in a more monster way than Dwarfs and Elves...

Nay-Kobold is the official reading of their name, as the Japanese team already stated that the name refers to "kobold-like people from the island of Nay". No specific mention of cats there.

Although, it should not be too surprising that the name was meant to be as a pun of the word "neko". A pun in their language, but not the official spelling.

As for the new girl, I'm looking forward to positive development. New races are alright as long as they give each of them ample time in the screen. Most of the time though, the non-human duo stars (Kuromimi/Gon and their successors) don't get enough characterization to justify their presence.

There are gems like the elves and Sergeant Joe, otherwise it's barely there.

What we need is a non-human lead!
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Nay-Kobold is the official reading of their name, as the Japanese team already stated that the name refers to "kobold-like people from the island of Nay". No specific mention of cats there.

I'm not so sure about that but I do not doubt either, it doesn't matter in the long run from where it originates but where it goes.

Now Chimera was an example of a mythical beast I didn't say it in relation to Suikoden, you can find Chimera in Final fantasy too most Final Fantasy's have a Chimera monster, I meant it as an example of a mythical beast, Kobolds apparently are not "one" like Chimera but rather kind of a race and I think they were evil, perhaps as that German legend suggests...

Now as for the new cute goat girl, things may turn even more interesting if the are others of her race involved and even, even, more interesting if she is the only one but with a reason, like the last of the species or something...
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well seeing as how the setting is now confermed I guess we sholdn't take Selikie into account anymore. the most logical would be maybe another avian (like a hawk, again like the "avie men" in Shining force 2. If not rats or antlope-people, having frogs would make more sence if the place took part in a marsh lands, does it? I don;t know maybe.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There should be fairies... Always. I mean, why not have them? They were present in Zelda, and it'd just be funny to have them floating around, pestering people for no good reason.

Kinda' like those stupid Do-Re-Mi elves. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you want faires too? gmm, well who knows. maybe we get faries, maybe we get lizard-cats that have farie wings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about.... A race of people created from the Sun rune?

Since it's been released that Falena's rune is gonna be the Sun rune, and we ALL know that the Moon rune turns the wielder into a vampire, who can subsequently turn other humans into vampires....

Maybe, just maybe... A wild idea which may be terrible... The sun rune does the same thing, and the Queen is the 'coven mistress', and most of the people in Falena are this... Race made from the sun rune... Like vampires, they're immortal, but the difference would be they thrive in the sun, and they derive energy from the sun... Photosynthesis anyone? Or they could work like solar panels...

And of course, being related to the sun, they're not supposed to suck human blood and do bad things like that...

Actually, this would be a terrible idea if i really think about it....
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm trying to think of somthing that is accosaited with the sun, but can't at the momment. somthing reptilian? because "being cold blooded" dosen't mean they like the cold, it means they can't regulate blood temp like a mammal. when its cold they slow down.

Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Lizard Clan would be a good "sun" race.

^Actual quote!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

or a feather'd lizard. like archyaptorix humans

unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to be honest I would like to see more types of the same race. We see elves but what about dark elfs, lizard men but how many kinds of them are thier. nay kobolds, kobolds, dwarfs, I would love to see more of a mix of the same kind of races they already have I mean I want to see wood-duck people
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: