Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Anime/Manga?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flame Champion Viktor

89609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Favorite Anime/Manga? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everybody I was curious to find out what your Anime/Manga is make a List if possible
Top 5 list
5-Trigun
4-Cowboy Bebop
3-Inuyasha
2-Love Hina
1-Case Closed (Detective Conan)
See ya
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darn you, making me have to choose between all of the anime that I watch. Anyways here is my top 5:

1. Blue seed

2. Inuyasha

3. Cowboy Bebop

4. Trigun

5. Uh, Ninja scroll

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really have an order, but some Anime/Mangas I like are...

Revolutionary Girl Utena
Chobits
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptor: Sakura
Mercenary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmmm where to begin...
Trigun
Cowboybebop
Yu yu hakusho
Shaman King
Witch Hunter Robim
Thats really tough
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1125003 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We don't get too much anime on air in Canada, so most of the stuff I've seen has been from buying the DVDs. My list, which is in no particular order of preference, for anime is:

.hack//SIGN
Outlaw Star
Arc the Lad
Crest of the Stars (have yet to see Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II)
Inuyasha (when I get to see it)

As for manga... again, in no particular order of preference, would have to be:

Gundam Wing (all 6 titles)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Last Outpost
Dragon Ball/Z
Shaman King
YuYu Hakusho
One Piece
Hikaru no Go
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Prince of Tennis
One Piece
Naruto

and, of course, Suikoden III.

Last edited by Elc on Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
We don't get too much anime on air in Canada, so most of the stuff I've seen has been from buying the DVDs. My list, which is in no particular order of preference, for anime is:

.hack//SIGN
Outlaw Star
Arc the Lad
Crest of the Stars (have yet to see Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II)
Inuyasha (when I get to see it)

As for manga... again, in no particular order of preference, would have to be:

Gundam Wing (all 5 titles)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Last Outpost
Dragon Ball/Z
Shaman King
YuYu Hakusho
One Piece
Hikaru no Go
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Prince of Tennis
One Piece
Naruto

and, of course, Suikoden III.

I'm going to assume you get Shonen Jump, because that has atleast 2/3 of the manga you mentioned, and if you don't get Shonen Jump, I would suggest you do in a second.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a hard time narrowing these down, so I decided on a top 7 for each: anime and manga. They also had to be sepperate lists, because some things work great as an anime but not for a manga. (Hunter X Hunter for example. The manga is often poorly drawn, filled with useless 3 page essays on how to do the techniques they do even though they aren't possible in reality, and loose all the nifty 'action' you can see in something animated.) Other things are opposite. Hikago just wasn't as gripping in anime form, though the manga was absolutely incredible.
So, the two categories must be sepperate, I think.

Here they are, in order as best as I can order them.

Anime List, starting with my most favorite of all.
1. Last Exile
2. Escaflowne
3. Naruto
4. Hunter X Hunter
5. Card Captor Sakura
6. One Piece
7. G-Gundam (or any other gundam, really)

...and the manga list.
1. Hikaru no Go (best manga ever in my oppinion.)
2. RG Veda
3. Naruto (whoa, it made BOTH lists!)
4. Konjiki no Gash Bell
5. Meru Puri
6. Tokyo Babylon
7. Lawful Drug

I have lots of CLAMP in my favorite manga list, but RG Veda was the first anime I saw, and CLAMP is what made me decide I liked anime, so I'm a bit sentimental about my CLAMP.
I love the stuff in Shounen Jump, but I haven't ever gotten an issue of it (except for an occasional Japanese volume here and there, that just serve to make me look for the full-length volumes of what interesting manga I see.)
There's tons of other shows and manga that I love that I couldn't list. Shaman King was loads of fun to watch, and for all the people who said Cowboy Bebop, yeah, that was incredible too! I very much liked it, and it was super high quality. I'm also currently addicted to FullMetal Alchemist, which I'm surprised no one mentioned so far. Gilgamesh, Wolf's Rain, Mahou tsukai ni taisetsu na koto, were all also incredible series. I like too much of this stuff to list it all.

I also have to add, that I keep Miyazaki off this list, only because I think anything of his tops BOTH of the lists, and that it's a different genre in a way than any of the others. The anime I listed were all TV anime, and Miyazaki is usually theatrical animated film. All of what he's done, oh so good.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1125003 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku wrote:

I'm going to assume you get Shonen Jump, because that has atleast 2/3 of the manga you mentioned, and if you don't get Shonen Jump, I would suggest you do in a second.

Yeah, I get Shonen Jump. The first manga I began collecting were the Dragon Ball/Z comics Viz put out, but once they decided to abandon the individual comic book format in favour of anthologies or graphic novels, Dragon Ball Z was moved into Shonen Jump and Dragon Ball became strictly graphic novels.

I had already made up my mind to pick up Shonen Jump when Yu-Gi-Oh! was announced for it, though I had no knowledge of the other titles until the free preview came out. The previews I were the least impressed with at the time were One Piece and Shaman King, but once I was able to read full length chapters, my appreciation for them grew and now I have a hard time ranking which title in Shonen Jump, so I don't even bother.

But even though I do collect Shonen Jump, I also collect the graphic novels, which can get to be a bit expensive but it doesn't hurt to get discounts at comic shops. Of the graphic novel only manga I have, Rurouni Kenshin is my favourite, probably because it currently has 5 volumes out, while Prince of Tennis just has one.

Anime-wise, Dragon Ball Z was one of the first series I saw, but the treatment of the series was really a mess, especially with the complete overhaul it received for its third season, and then YTV in Canada dropping the FUNimation version near the end of the Cell Games for the Canadian-produced European version featuring much of the original English voice actors.

I enjoyed the Arc the Lad anime, but I think my enjoyment was just a little bit subdued having played the PSX games beforehand, and thus certain differences in names along with some character voices didn't seem quite right to me. The name and voice issue is understandable, since the anime was dubbed and released a fair bit prior to the games' North American debut, nevertheless I still think Chongara wasn't portrayed very accurately, but I was spoiled on Working Designs' interpretation of the character. One character which turned out just as my mind's eye envisioned was Poco, his English voice is quite similar to the voice files in the games.

Strangely, when it comes to anime (and games, for that matter) which I have virtually no knowledge of, I tend to be a bit of an impulse buyer. I guess I should be thankful for that, since it introduced me to the Suikoden series which has quickly turned into one of my favourite RPG series.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

5. Ranma 1/2

4. Dragonball Z

3. Ninja Scroll

2. Macross

1. Fist of the North Star

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bastard!!

Trying to decipher the nonsense that is the story has kept me very hooked. The incredible drawings also made up for it.
Hosnor

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh I'm not a real anime junky but Ranma 1/2's my favorite.

Top 5 Manga List:

5.) Planet Ladder
4.) A.I. Love You
3.) Ranma 1/2
2.) Love Hina
1.) The Kindaichi Case Files

>_>
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well just a few , but that doesn`t mean I hate it , any way
let me give you my top FIVE :

1- samurai X .
2- YU-GI-OH .
3- shaman king .
4- dragonball Z .
5- love hina .
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1- Escaflowne.
2- Rurouni Kenshin.
And that would be it.

Used to like Love hina, don't hate it now either, though. There's others i used to worship and now i hate, like DBZ, Sailor Moon, and some others, including Ragnarok The Animation (despite being a junkie of the game...). No, actually, that last one i never liked. Heh.

As for manga, there's several i like. In no particular order:
Naruto
Agharta
KamiKaze
Skyhigh
Blame!
Gantz

All the way to the edge of this world
Kyojin Blight

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I'm going to have to go with...

Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Chobits
Love Hina
Vampire Hunter D

I haven't really watched a whole lot. I might need to download some more to get back into the flow, if you catch my drift.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it shuffles around every once in a while but my current top 5 favorites in no particular order:

anime-
Wolf's Rain
Detective Conan (aka Case Closed)
Houshin Engi (aka Soul Hunters god I hate the 'Americanized' name)
Fushigi Yugi
Yu Yu Hakuso

manga-
Suikoden 3 :mrgreen:
Angel Sanctuary
Naruto
Fruits Basket
Shamen King

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: