Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sonic X

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Sonic X Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else seen this series? I'm downloading the second season, since I already have the first season, and the second season hasn't improved a whole lot for me. Granted, it's a very solid series with a rich history in video games, complete with the shining hero, the consistent villain, and friends with various skills of their own.

But things seem too forced in the second season. The first season laid the backdrop for who and where everyone was, and that's apparent when you watch the second season. It's divided into three parts: the first is a rendition of Sonic Adventure, then Sonic Adventure 2, and finally Sonic Advance. Things just move WAY too quickly for my taste. The Sonic Adventure 2 part definitely would've helped end the second season dramatically, while the Sonic Advance part would've helped start a third season well.

And then... there's a certain someone who really drives me insane, who I think is the sole reason the series can drag on long enough for 26 episodes. His name?

Chris Thorndyke.

Should be more like Chris 'Thorninmyside' the way he just runs around and does whatever he wants, getting into trouble an infinite number of times for Sonic to rescue him. And usually Chris has absolutely no reason to be somewhere except to be the unanimous plot device. Drives me nuts... :evil: If a third season is made, he better not come back. For me, he ruins the series because he's such a friggin' drama queen.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, someone who complains about Chris, I like! Seriously, I think the whole human aspect of Sonic X pretty much ruined the Sonicverse in my head. Some background you have to understand about me is I'm a big Genesis-age Sonic fan, with a STRONG liking of the SatAM Sonic series, along with the light-hearted Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog & Archie comics up until they started going sour after around issue #50 or so. :)

With that cleared up, I don't dislike the Sonic anime, but I'm not the biggest fan, either. :p They could have done a little better if the Sonicverse were a little... darker. (I blame this on my SatAM fandom :)) And if "Eggman," who I still prefer to call ROBOTNIK at all times, were a little more... harsh and villainous the series would be more acceptable to me.

Chris really does have a negative impact on the show, in my opinion. But quite honestly, I'm not too fond of the other kids, either. Maybe if they moved his age up a little and made him a bit more mature, it would have been kind of cool. I'm not the biggest Cream fan, either. Yeah, I know I complain a bit too much. :mrgreen:

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Man, someone who complains about Chris, I like!

It won't be too much of a stretch to find others who complain about Chris. :lol:

The human aspect was obviously just a way to explain how Sonic and Co. ran around in zones where humans were seen in recent games, which is a sloppy reason to insert humans into a furry-centric series. Only Eggman can be excused for this b/c he's been around as equally long as Sonic.

If enough things don't bug me enough, Eggman mentions in the Shadow Saga that he's from the human world and somehow got to the furry world. So if the furries go to the human world, there's a time paradox, yet if a human goes to the furry world, there won't be. Totally stupid.

I don't think Chris and the humans will come back for the third season, since I heard that it's in the making. For one, they obviously ruined the two seasons out there. For another, Chris grows up, as we see in episode 52, meaning it'd be pointless to send Sonic back to see a grown-up Chris. The finality of everything would be kicked out the door if Sonic returned too. It's time to see what Sonic's world is like for a change. I think Sonic Heroes will be adapted into the third season b/c after all the games they crammed into the second season, Heroes is the next major game in the series to derive a script from.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: