Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Training Battle]Grasslands vs Island Nations [Concluded]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As the type advantage for the weaker unit will only appear 25% of the time, it usually will be the larger army that wins.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

unfortunately, a large troop advantage is a reality; battles have to reflect reality or they're just...pointless. the exception would be magicians vs. archers or magicians, since special rules apply to those troops.

as far as addressing the weaker unit issue, sophita suggested alliances for the weaker countries-teaming up to take on the larger countries. i think this would create more realism, since it's a realistic approach to a problem.

advantages depend on the troop; cavalry has the greatest advantage-mounted men move quickly and are devastating. the second would have to be archers; they can fire off up to three volleys (depending on how far away they are from the enemy), making a large unit effective and deadly.

synchisi can run this however he likes, i'm just stating i prefer to see reality have a greater influence on outcome over fantasy.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But you see, simply 'losing' that round didn't really hurt the army. From what has been said, the real cost in this battle system is losing soldiers. And a 6000 soldier unit losing 100 soldiers isn't going to mean much for them, while a 150 soldier unit losing 75 soldiers is going to mean a lot. That isn't in effect for the training battles, but once the real fighting starts, people will lose soldiers for real.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i understand that; it's simply a suggestion, synchisi can say 'i like it' or 'it sucks and you can stuff it.' it's up to him; i'm merely stating an opinion on the matter.

practice makes perfect and this being a test run, i'm sure it's providing the info he needs to tweak the system until he feels it's how he wants the system to work.

*still likes the idea of alliances*

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way to go Island Nations keep t up and we will win this next battle. It is time then take on those evil Harmonians. We will win this and show that we are the superior army in this world regardless of what anyone else may claim. Power to the Island Nations and down with Harmonia.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This system is roughly based upon the Suikoden I battle system, where a small unit can easily defeat a large unit with simple strategy without taking any damage itself.

We might implement something in the future to compensate for a larger army not touching a smaller one, but it's not entirely likely, so don't count on it.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Small armies should be able to defeat larger arimies with an adaquate strategy, I agree. I think the system is good as is. If it were only the larger army that won, the outcome wouldn't be very interesting. Besides, the idea in half of the Suikoden battles was to defeat an army larger than yourself.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure strategy should count into it big time, however maybe if the more amount of troops even if you loost that round, the casualties don't have to be server. Even if you loose that battle? Or what would be the point of having them in the first place.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eh, it don't matter; on to harmonia vs. island nations!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: