Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Training Battle]Grasslands vs Island Nations [Concluded]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: [Training Battle]Grasslands vs Island Nations [Concluded] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a training battle, and thus this battle wouldn't take place at any certain location. The winner will fight against the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, who won the first battle.

The War Begins--

1st Turn

Round 1
The Flame Champion sybillious of the Grasslands orders Shabadoo to lead his 142 cavalry soldiers into battle against the Island Nations. At the same time, Duke Lebenengel of the Island Nations decides to lead off the battle with Archangel leading his 80 cavalry soldiers into battle. The unit leaders charge bravely ahead of their soldiers and the armies clash in the middle of the battlefield, and a fierce battle ensues. When the dust settled and the remains of the units march back toward their respective camps, headcounts reveal that the Grasslands lost 40 soldiers, and the Island Nations lost 71.

Round 2
Seeing his unit defeated, Duke Lebenengel orders Njord and his 958 infantry soldiers into battle. On the other side, Flame Champion sybillious confidently orders Timbo's 286 archers into battle. The infantry from the Island Nations are able to shield themselves from the relentless volleys of the archers from the Grasslands, and proceed to annihilate Timbo's archers.

Round 3
Recoiling from defeat, Flame Champion sybillious orders Pac and his 69 cavalry soldiers to meet the Island Nations in battle. Meanwhile, Duke Lebenengel of the Island Nations decides to send Michael W's 192 infantry soldiers to attack. The two armies meet in the middle of the battlefield, but the cavalry from the Grasslands are able to overpower Michael W's infantry, resulting in 69 casualties to the Island Nations' army.

Results
Grasslands 2
Island Nations 1

Thus, the Grasslands win this turn.

Now, the leaders must come up with the battle plan for round 2.

Last edited by Synchysi on Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that was an interesting outcome... Seems like both sides conserved their troops initially, eh?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hrm, so Syb was expecting an infantry charge on the opening turn. It's a shame I had no magicians at the time I thought up the strategy.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

heh, oh well; i've been rather preoccupied lately. next time should be a bit more interesting...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: [Training Battle] Grasslands vs. Island Nations Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2nd Turn

Round 1
Looking to avenge his defeat, Duke Lebenengel of the Island Nations orders Futch and his 206 magicians to assault the Grassland army. At the same time, Flame Champion sybillious orders MMan9000's 83 magicians to attack the army of the Island Nations. The two magic-wielding units meet and a massive firestorm ensues. After the smoke cleared, Futch had lost 41 soldiers while MMan9000's unit had been completely destroyed.

Round 2
After seeing MMan9000's unit defeated, Flame Champion sybillious decides to counter with Nerthus' cavalry unit numbering 30 soldiers. Meanwhile, Duke Lebenengel decides to lead his own unit into battle, ordering his 17967 archers to send a volley at the Grasslands. Nerthus' cavarly is able to take 15 of Lebenengel's soldiers down before suffering total defeat.

Round 3
Desperate to salvage a victory, Flame Champion sybillious decides to send Rorshacma's 218 archers to attack the Grasslands. Duke Lebenengel decides with all confidence in his army to send GrimmHooke's 116 infantry soldiers into battle. The infantry are able to avoid the onslaught from Rorshacma's archers with skillful use of their shields and evasion techniques, and thus break through and take down 116 archers.

Results
Grasslands 0
Island Nations 3

Thus, the Island Nations win this turn.

Now, the leaders must come up with the battle plan for round 3.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, time to expect Syb's unit.

So, do I need to win only one more round (making the final score 5-4), or do I still have to win the entire turn?

EDIT: I answered my own question by checking the rules again. But, it makes me wonder... wouldn't the round idea be good for, like, different types of warfare (not now, of course. I wouldn't want to win in a cheap way)?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think it's best out of three; so far, we stand 1-1 (as you know). whomever takes the next one wins and gets to take on harmonia...

Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

3rd Turn

Round 1
Looking to avenge her army's defeat, Flame Champion sybillious calls on PoisonArcher's magician unit of 156 soldiers to assualt the Island Nations' soldiers. At the same time, Duke Lebenengel calls upon ChiByakko's 1676 infantry to attack the armies of the Grasslands. ChiByakko's infantry are able to charge the firestorm across the plains of the battlefield and annihilate PoisonArcher's magicians, losing 78 soldiers in the process.

Round 2
Looking to avenge her loss, Flame Champion sybillious decides to send Celes Tilly's 6577 archers into battle. With growing confidence after his previous victory, Duke Lebenengel orders EZ_Rabbit's 149 infantry soldiers to charge into battle. The infantry is able to ward of volley after volley from Celes Tilly's archery unit and break through to take down 74 of the Grassland's archers.

Round 3
Attempting to salvage a victory, Flame Champion sybillious orders her own cavalry number 7026 soldiers into battle. Duke Lebenengel, confident that victory is at hand, sends Kyojin Blight's 285 archers against the Grasslands. Before his unit is completely annihilated, Kyojin Blight's archers are able to take down 142 soldiers from sybillious' unit.

Results
Grasslands 1
Island Nations 2

Thus, the Island Nations win this turn.

The Island Nations have won the battle, and will take on Harmonia next. Duke Lebenengel and High Priest Saben, submit your battle plans for round one.

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm... maybe I am misunderstanding the system, but in round 2 Celes Tilly has 6577 troops and EZ_Rabbit has 149. EZ is able to do 74 damage which brings Celes down to 6503, which is still an awful lot more than EZ's 149. I thought the the final score was the determining factor of who wins a round, rather than it simply being a matter of who manages to do the most damage. Actually that would apply to some other calculations, too, such as in the first round.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the unit advantage counts as an automatic win. This isn't covered in the draft, though, so I won't confirm that sort of thing.

Why did Rabbit only do half damage, anyway?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not to be nit picky, but as saben points out, the sheer numbers of the archers and the arrows would have wiped out a measly 149 infantry troops long before they reached the unit...it's a similar situation in the second turn where lebenangengel's troops substantially outnumbered mine. if this holds true, then grasslands should have taken turn 3 with a 2-1 decision.

most of what's there does make sense; larger troops usually ensure that unit's success...

Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Celes Tilly is the Grassland's Royal Guard unit, meaning she gets double defensive power. Personally I recommend sticking with the decisions already made, however it does give sufficient reason to review the system (this is a trial for that very reason, after all); I recommend as I said above basing the winner of a round off the number of troops remaining after damage has been calculated, even if one of the troops is "super effective" against the other.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
if this holds true, then grasslands should have taken turn 3 with a 2-1 decision.

But, then, I would have won turn 1 in a 2-1 decision. So, I'm pretty happy that whatever way is chosen, it won't affect the outcome.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we let troop quantities determine the outcome of all battles, the largest army would simply win--there would be no chance for a smaller nation to win. The current system takes that into account, so that smaller nations can win if they play their cards right.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, my buddies! ;_;

Royal Guard Unit? Uhm, I'm just an archer... Eh heh heh, no worries, and congratulations, Lebenengel!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Battlefield All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: