Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft and Guild Wars
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: World of Warcraft and Guild Wars Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok well sitting here I have not personally seen any topic on it so I decided heck why not bring it up and see if anyone else besides yours truly play it. I have been playing both for a few months now at a PC station when I get the chance and I have managed to bring my main character up to level twenty, on World of Warcraft. Yes I know it isnt much when the max level for any character is level sixty, but im happy with where I am right now. I personally think it is at least a fair good mmorpg considering how much detail has been added to the game. I like it so I was just wondering if anyone else on the forum plays World of Warcraft too.

As far as Guild Wars goes i have only been playing the game for about a week and a half now and I am only on level six with my main character. I am working on that right now and who knows maybe at some point soon I will get even farther into the game. Anyways the question again goes to anyone reading this. So just sparking some more conversation so feel free to respond if you wish.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play Guild Wars pretty often. My main character is a 20 w/mo. Other than that all my other levels are kinda mid-rangish. I have a 10 n/me, a 12 mo/me, and a 8 ele/something. It's really rather easy to level up in Guild Wars so I find it disappointing that the max level is 20 and you really don't have to train for it if you go all the way to amnoon and then ascend at around level 5...which might actually be more work but it would be cool.
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, which do you prefere?
I was just on onrpg reading a forum wow or gw, still cant decide...

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like them both but I am only playing Guild Wars right now. I have a level 20 elementlist/Necromancer that basically wreaks havok on everything. And I too am slightly disappointed that the max level is only 20 because now that I'm there I've gotten really bored with the game and kinda have stopped playing for the most part. It also doesn't help that I'm a solo player who rarely has any sort of group to play with.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not played either, but I have a friend whose obsession with WOW is beyond funny anymore. 12-15 hours a day when he can. Last I heard, he had 2 characters at level 60, and that was a month ago. A month of doing nothing but playing WOW and the necessities.

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Main reason I don't play wow is because you have to pay every month.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guild Wars has free online play. I can't say the same for World of Warcraft, though... I know lots of people that like it, but they're all online friends who don't talk about it too much, so I don't know if it's one of those monthly things. (It probably is.)

ANYWAY, my friends in person keep trying to convince me to try out Guild Wars... I'm begining to wonder if it's some kinda cult thing, where they suck you in, and you lose your life, or some crap... I dunno. :|

So yeah, I'd just be happy not playing any online games for now. There are enough games out there that I'd like to try and play, as well as anime that I need to catch up on so, needless to say, I can actually stop consuming goods and begin to enjoy the ones I have now, which is funny because that goes against American culture to just enjoy what you have. It's always buy, buy, buy, so I'm glad to say that I can be different from other people and just enjoy what I have. Being different is fun. (Yeah, I know I threw in a nice run-on sentence in there. My High School English teacher would be irked, I'm sure :P)

And no, I'm not going to play Guild Wars for a while, if at all. I shall not cave in to peer pressure! :shock:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*once again, cut for pointless rambling...*

Anyways to answer someones question from before yes World of Warcraft is pay to play and you do pay every month unless you do like me and buy playcards. They are somewhat cheaper than the subscription considering you get two months of play for probably a little bit less than it costs for two months seperate. Overall it's a good game for those interested in games played much like say an Everquest or a Final Fantasy eleven.

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously Filipe I would like to buy Guild Wars and A suikoden guild would probably speed things up, but can it be done?

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
It's always buy, buy, buy, so I'm glad to say that I can be different from other people and just enjoy what I have.

Don't you mean download download?
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gari wrote:
Don't you mean download download?

No, I meant buy. I do download SOME things, but my hard drive is only so large. The VAST, VAST majority of anime I have is all paid for. I don't download music anymore, and haven't since iMesh and Kaaza have fallen prey to viruses and garbage.

And I don't even want to get started with programs... Nope, I'd say about 95% of the stuff I got is legitimate. I work full-time, and since I still live at home, I can afford to buy a lot of crap. Right now, I'm working on squaring myself away.

Oh, and my friends are still trying to get me to play Guild Wars, and now there's even the Fil... Dang, keep working on that peer pressure, huh? :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Genome Soldier

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never played WoW (won't plan on it probably). I own Guild Wars and am playing with a level 9 Warrior/Elementalist named Ashton Dragoon. I haven't been playing lately though...(haven't been playing for three weeks). If anyone wants to play with me you know my name now. :)
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Played City of Heroes - good fun but gets old pretty fast

Played Lineage ][ - became my obsession for a year and a half, I couldn't finish Suikoden IV because I was online so much. It truly stole my life away. Brilliant game but oh so slow and an insane economy.

Tried WoW - didn't like it ( too cartoony combat seemed awkward )

Tried EQ2 - didn't like it ( characters ugly and combat awkward )

Never tried Guild Wars - I'm done with MMORPGs for now

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well perhaps next time I put in some time on Guild Wars I will be sure to look you up Genome Soldier. I am around level twelve or thirteen i dont really remember been awhile since i last played. Of course it can be done Sinocard but the only thing stopping us is a lack of membership in a possible guild and of course one problem I too share is the lack of a decent computer. Every time that i want to go and play say World of Warcraft or Guildwars I have to go to a PC station and play there. It is a ways away( maybe fifteen minutes by bus) and it costs a small fee to use one of their computers thus makes it less than appealing to me. Oh well im saving up money to buy a decent computer for myself and a wireless router so I can use said computer upstairs.

Anyways I havent forgotten about Sai and using my "force powers" to get him to join us in playing Guild Wars. Mwahaha.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't gotten around to playing World of Warcraft or Guild Wars yet, though I have done a great deal of research about the former. I have played three MMORPGs, one of which I enjoyed very much. The other two, if one can truly be considered a MMORPG, were okay, I never got into them like I did the other.

Runescape- This one's a free one, and I don't think it can really be considered that much of a MMORPG, though it could be fun to play online with some people I knew. Still, it wasn't really that great of a game, though I played it a lot when I was bored. I think I was level 51 when I quit. I went back recently, and they changed everything, it was weird.

Final Fantasy XI- This game was good, I just never got into it. I was a level 13 Red Mage when I quit. It was addicting sure, but I couldn't play it all that much because making my Playstation 2 online is a tricky, tricky thing to do, since I have to stretch a rather short chord halfway across my living room and up four or five feet to get to my online hub.

Star Wars Galaxies- Oh God do I love Star Wars, and I loved this game as well. Really, this is the only MMORPG I really got into and I would play it for 11 hours a day sometimes, even more. The thing was though, I would always get bored doing what I was doing, so I never got that great at anything. Actually, I think I only got to one advanced class and that was creature handler. If anyone ever plays the game, the most fun planet is Tatooine, and the most fun city there is Anchorhead. I bet if I went back now though there would be player cities galore, when I left they just started player cities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: