Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

favorite area of study
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: favorite area of study Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if this has been posted here before or not, it most certain is not in the sub forum. And if it's on

Anyway, going back to generic questions that could be asked anywhere, and seen anywhere I decided to make one here.

So "what is your favorite subject", are you a Mathematics fan? Do you swoon over zoology?

What makes them so attractive to you? And in that attraction, are you good at it? I can be fascinated by computer Programming, but don't get it. Then again if I did, I'd be studying it and making horrible little games for you to "test" *evil smile* (like a game where a cat has a gun or something) are you very good at it? What are the strong points and weak points for people who, may want to go and study these things as well.

So, what interests you? Would you pursue it for a career? Can you apply your favorite "subject" to life and a job.

I like animals, and I draw, but just because I draw don't necessarily mean I am "studying art", like "OH the life of Rembrandt, or "the impressionistic movement" (which apparently was art rebellion. Not like how or why people today do impressionistic work.)

I like little critters and I'm an animal planet geek. If that isn't on all day, then g4tv or cartoon network/nicktoons TV is on. I'm not scientific-inclined enough to major in it, and there is so much to soak in. even if I pick a more precise topic like "Herpetology" then I'd just busy my self with Reptiles and Amphibians. But recalling all those names, plus learning Latin (its not a leopard gecko people: P, but a Green Iguana is "Iguana ")
So then, I draw animals? Which is a hard thing. I mean I keep on misplacing the eyes on my Bottle Nosed dolphins (see I'm no zoologist! I didn't use its scientific name). So within this I need to brush up on anatomy. Which then could lead to other subjects and topics.

I suppose I can leave this open to other things, I mean being a "food taster" requires learning and experience, and a bit of other knowledge. So what tickles your fancy?

(PS I used spell check, and then my grammar and word usage got messed up.)

Last edited by kuwaizair on Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that in school my favorite subject was always history. There is something about learning ancient civilizations and most importantly all of the wars that were fought in our histories.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite subject has been and always will be band. The tuba is so fun to play (yeah, imagine a tonberry with a tuba). I'm first chair! I'm also getting into my school's toip band next year!
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite subject in school would be history. Its the subject that i find most interesting because i know a lot about it and as Lord Dredd said there is something about learning about ancient civilizations and the wars that were fought in our histories.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's definetly English. My grade 12 english teacher without exception the smartest man I've ever met, and he taught me everything I know that's worth knowing. He rekindled in me my love for reading and hammered into me the high standards and severe restraints I need to be a good person. Not just a fluffy good person, but I mean of a moral paragon. It's his fault entirely that I strive to be a truly good person.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite subject is history. Because it feels that I'm reading a big story about the world. To know about people who have change the world and to know about great occasion in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel like one of the crowd here but my favorites have always been history and scince. If I had to pick though it would be science, because I had crappy history teachers at times that really screwed me over and my science career has never really had an ominous shadow over it like history did. I was one of two sophmores in Physics this year and I loved it. I would always come out of class talking about things and relating natural stuff to physics; answering questions with what we learned in class. It would get embarrassing when I realized I was raving about school. o well, late and im tired. this post ends here->
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mine wolud be math, because our teacher actually adds fun to the subjest altough it's brainstorming numbers/solution and i remember my teacher said that "If you can't solve it, look into the ceiling...it might give you the right answer"...and Chemistry also...

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite subjects in Secondary School were;
1: Construction Studies
2: Physics
3: Geography

My favourite subjects in College were; (Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology)
1: Architectural Technology
2: Environmental Science
3: Building Services
4: Structures
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Literature and History. They're the only subjects that I don't have the temptation to just go to sleep or pretend i'm sick so i can go to the school clinic and kill time there. I find literature interesting because they're so full of beautiful quotes! I especially like the "Greek tragedies" story. As for History, it's because the medieval world has always facinated me. It's fun to know how tribes became ancient kingdoms and how it became what it is today: modern civilization. I especially like wars fought using swords and horses. (It's one of the things that hooked me to Suikoden!) I especially like Rome's history...

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Classical Studies by such a huge margain it isn't even bloody funny.

From what I've gathered, Classical Studies is a class practically unique to Ireland, at least, in the form we take it. So for the "great unwashed masses" (as our Classical Studies teacher would refer to non-Classical students as), Classical Studies is the study of ancient Greek and Roman civilisation.

In my five years of doing Classical Studies, we covered the life of Julius Ceasar, Alexander the Great, the great Persian invasion of the Greek City-States, the fall of the Roman Republic as well as read such classics and the Odyssey, the Illiad and the Aeneid. As well as studies into architecture, art, poetry, plays and a small bit of Greek and Latin. (for miscellaneous purposes only, we never get tested on the dead languages)

Of course, because the majority of people are "nothing more than barbarians" (Yet, another reference to non-Classical students by our teacher) Classical Studies has always been treading water in the school systems of the nation and as of 2005, my old school was forced to slash the subject from the senior cycle simply due to lack of interest. It's a real shame too as I can't think of a more enjoyable and interesting time I ever spend in that grey hellhole of a school.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always have, and still love to do math. All types. Usually the harder the better. I have gotten rusty being out of school for more than 10 years.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Favorite subject would be the History and literatures subject. I'm not really good with this subject but I really like to know things about the past like china's history or norse mythologies or other history stuff that facinates me. Even if it is from the past you could always learn from it and adapt it through your life.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed Psychology, though it could be down to it being the greatest class I've ever had the pleasure of being in people wise, every lesson was something to look forward to and filled with laughs.

The first year also had an awesome teacher who got just as involved in the jokes as the students. The actual material I found interesting as well, it always kept me thinking and I often find myself even now looking at things people say and thinking what area of psychology it applies to.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite subject was anything that had to do with not staying inside the classroom. I majored in Health & Fitness in college because I got into college with a sports scholarship (because of my involvement with lacrosse and ballet). That somehow got me interested in Ergonomics (I thought I can get a job at Nike or something like that), but instead I work at a company that makes something that has nothing to do with shoes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: