Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

favorite area of study
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In high school I was more fond of the more tangible classes like history (this really happened) and language (people speak this). The more esoteric classes like math and science escaped me. Theoretical math, while cool, never appealed to me because a lot of it had no application to my life. Most of calculus is gone from my brain simply due to lack of use after high school. It's a shame. I was also too interested in shortcuts. My AP calc teacher assigned each one of us a famous mathematician form history to be. I ended up as Gauss. He actually clipped our yearbook pictures and pout our heads on portraits of mathematicians. From what he told me Gauss was a snotty little jerk who was always trying to find a faster and less cumbersome way to do things, as opposed to using the methods that he was taught. He was supposedly real nasty about it, too. I was flattered.

I never did all that well in science. Physics didn't seem to make sense to me and my lab practices were horrific. We always had three lab groups in every class in every grade I took science in: the Perfect Group, the Lightning Group, and the Negative Group. The Perfect Group always got everything right. The Negative Group always got negative answers to problems. They could be measuring length and they'd get negative answers. I was in the Lightning Group, so named because our graphical results looked like a lightning bolt. Our findings were always all over the place. They always started and ended where they should, but the way there was always up and down, always all over the place, but heading towards the right conclusion.

In college I was best at geography (which is definitely my favorite subject EVER ... I minored in it after all) and the creative arts (theatre and music). Not too good with music theory, but I loved performance.

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In high school, my favorite classes were "Problems of American Democracy" or commonly called "government" and computer programming. History to me was boring because it was always the same thing: Mesopotamia, Egypt, and then Europe--nothing else. American history was even more boring because, well, it's short. I've never been fond of being told what to read either. My math teachers were cool, but algebra isn't. My science teachers and classes were awfully awful.

In college, I find my math and physics classes neat and intriguing, but the only one that's any fun is Japanese. The teacher has a LOT to do with it though. When you have a tiny, hyperactive Japanese woman as an instructor, it makes everything more fun. :) Not that my other instructors/profs aren't fun or cool, but they're not AS fun.

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Japanese is my favorite subject because my teacher in high school was the best teacher EVER.

I also study a lot of theology.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I have a few favorite subjects, but my absolute favorites are physics and mathematics. :) I wish I wasn't so lazy in school so I didn't have to worry so much about grades, though. ;)

My other guilty pleasure is foreign language courses. ;) Next year I'll be in Intermediate German and Elementary Polish. Always nice learning languages. :)

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i could list all the subjects i hated, but this isn't the purpose of the discussion... but by listing things that way, you might see what i like!

in highschool, i liked maths, chemistry and economics.

in university, i like maths, finance, statistics and anything which doesn't require me to write opinional essays. i hate essays. they're my greatest unovercomable fear. i just freeze up. i can't do it. this is why, i cannot pass management this sememster, and had to pull out of asia in the world economy - i get so scared, i get physically ill.

i don't know what to do about it. i feel like a bad student.

as for career, yeah, i'd do something financial for a career. i just can't stand accounting though. it looks scary.

i got exams coming up, so i need to study a lot harder now, especially over the things i missed.
Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always find history incredibly intresting, all of the romanticism and characters in history are very exciting to learn about.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite subjects were math, science and art because they were the only subjects that were easy for me. i was in advanced math and science from the 5th grade up until i graduated high school and i took every art class my school had to offer. i sucked at everythhing else especially history and english.

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, I don't think I have a single favorite academic wise...

I like genetic stuff, Astrology, History, but none more than the other or from the academic point of view, by that I mean I like the knowledge but not the official process of getting it.

In school I never really followed anything other than...

Eh, I....

Nothing really...

So I suppose I have to find a favorite in time, or perhaps I will never find one at all.

But another thing I would like to study is technology, by that I mean general technological advancement, new fuels teleportation many things that could benefit the future even weapons though I don't think I would ever use my knowledge if I gain any for any army.
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

art is the best ^^ I have nothing to learn =P

well, techinically it has to be math since it wake me up....fine! English then
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm... My favorite subjects are the following. I'd like to state why...

1) Computer - I actually prefer the study of the software and how to use them. I prefer to learn more about HTML, PHP, and Flash. I really like it because the computer has so much potential, and i want to make sure that i learn as much about it as possilbe to learn to make a difference myself.

2) Art - What can i say? I really love to draw and paint as a child. I think i'm mediocre enough to draw something decent. I guess the only problem i have is learning how to color properly.

3) Science - I LOVE science. Learning how things work and making your own experiments is a great experience! I LOVE it! :D

aimless

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked English the best, I think. All you had to do was read stories, write trash, and fill up grammar sheets. If you could write ten pages of utter gibberish or could copy it off a series of websites your teacher never visited you could call it a paper.

Chemistry was nice too. You got to mix stuff and burn stuff and if you didn't forget to copy your groupmate's report sheet, you passed. The end-of-term practicals were bad, though. But fun.

And then, there's everyone's favorite subject, Break!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My fav subjects in school has to Music and English.

I like Music because i play an instrument

And English because i love writing storys and other things.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

favourite subject was graphics and art 'cuase it was all a breeze and we'd do nothing but chat through out the whole lesson anyway... other's were I.T where we just play games over the internet and chat to people and no the teachers didn't care at all...

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me it depends on the teacher and who is in that class. Math never makes my favorite subject for the year though it's always the same thing. Go to class correct homework, take some notes, get new homework. On special days we do a test for the whole period or get a short quiz after hw correction. Then to make it worse all the people I ever have math with aren't the kind of people I like to be around. What a lame class.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I don't know if I have a favorite subject, but my best one is probably Language Arts (writing, grammer, etc). Since I have always been a writer, it just comes natural to me and the more I do with grammer, the better I get at it and it just keeps going into an upward spiral.

Though my favorite subject would have to be something athletic oriented. I love taking Physical Education and Weight Training classes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: