Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your own photography
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Your own photography Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do any of you have any good photography pics uploaded to your computer? I wouldn't mind seeing them. I have a couple from my photography days in Graphic Design. To be honest, I'm amazed they weren't permanently deleted along with the crappy photos. Nature can be such a beautiful thing to photograph, since it's far less camera shy than I am. :oops: The pictures are a little big if you want me to resize them. Anyway...

http://www.geocities.com/benit149/100_0367.JPG

I'm a sucker for sunsets, and I caught this one during a VERY cold evening at the college parking lot. The cars don't deter too much from the oranges, pinks and purples in the sky, except for their headlights, unfortunately.

http://www.geocities.com/benit149/100_0819.JPG

Sgt. Joe's wild cousin taking a swim in the Detroit River. :D

http://www.geocities.com/benit149/100_0363.JPG

The cream of my little crop, a view of Detroit from the Windsor Art Gallery's top floor during a clear January day. The great part is that I had to sneak my camera inside b/c cameras weren't allowed, and it was worth it. My dad even mentioned that the ice reflecting the buildings was interesting as well.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked your sunset pic. It was really good. Sadly, I don't have any photography to put up.

On a side note, your second two links screwed up for me. I don't know if it is just me, but you should check that out.

EDIT: Your avatar and signature seem to have the same problem.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I cant see any of your pictures i get this message:

Code:
Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable! 
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry, it's a Geocities problem. You'd have to wait until later to see the pictures b/c there's an image transfer limit they have. It happens with large-size pictures like the ones I posted. I might have to resize them for that reason. :roll:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's too bad. Look foreward to seeing 'em.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can finnaly see them now.

The first one is great, it took me awhile to figure out the red lights were cars at first i thought they were some kind of non human being or something of that nature.

The second one reminds me of Hamilton lake (a very small pond in the backyard of my families old house, there was always a duck in it).

The third one is cool because i have never seen Detroit before.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still cannot see them.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a beautful picture of the Twin Towers that I took from the observation deck of the Empire State Building in March of 1999. It looks like a postcard.

I have some other stuff to post, too, but I can't quite get my scanner to work.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I few pictures I made in my travels:

Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I absolutely adore your first pic, Iscalio, and if you had a wider version, and I had your permission of course, I'd ask to use it as a desktop background.

I don't really have much to compare but I do have one of a very vibrant sunset. It can be seen here. As always, it's best to enlarge the pic to get the 'true' view of it.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, wow. I love that sunset pic, Deloseth. The clouds are very awkward, which is nice.

Iscalio, the picture with the shoes makes me think of some womanizing guy for some reason...

Oh well, looks like I'll have to revamp my pics later.

Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few pictures up on my deviantART page.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/275988/ is probably my favorite picture that I have up since it took quite a while to do a proper selection of everything but the bee and flower proper. And I had to do it all in sitting since I didn't know anything about Alpha channels at the time.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/277490/ is a pretty nifty picture. I don't think I could've shot it at a better place and time. Yeah, I'm a bit vain, so what? :)

And there's http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/344279/ , because there's nothing like a good squirrel picture.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love that duck Benit.

I love those fish Iscalio.

I love that squirrel Spell Breaker.

I love animals.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit, I like the view of detroit, muchly. It's a really nice photo and definitely worth your sneaking!

iscalio, your first and last pictures are both great bits of scenery and nicely taken I would hasten to add, also the fish, were you hanging a bit of fish food under the lens so they came up close? Honestly now?

Benit149 wrote:
Iscalio, the picture with the shoes makes me think of some womanizing guy for some reason...

How do you think he became President of the Tinto republic? I don't think I need to say anymore, you get the idea!

Cool light thingy Spell Breaker, I have a fondness for black and white photos, they tend to bring out the dramatic element in a shot. At least that's what I think of them, doesn't matter if you guys don't agree because it's all a matter of taste anyway! :)

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deloseth wrote:
I absolutely adore your first pic, Iscalio, and if you had a wider version, and I had your permission of course, I'd ask to use it as a desktop background.

I don't have a wider version, sorry. And of course you have my permission to use it! You can do with it whatever you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: