Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: The Nature of Hikusaak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With you on that one, but not all Tenkai stars flee.

In the "bad" ending of Suikoden II, Riou stays to rule over Dunan. Also, Thomas does not leave Budehuc after the war - so it's not unheard of.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True but all Tenkai who had a nation created on their behalf [Tenkai III doesnae count] had the option of ruling that nation. Well... maybe Tenkai IV didn't have that option, but he's special(tm). Tir and Riou both could have led their nations - and, in fact, you could even watch it happen for Riou. So I don't think that's enough of a reason to say he wasn't a Tenkai - provided, of course, it was not what SARS calls a Tabula Rasa ^_^ If the Stars of Destiny were called together at all for Hikusaak's rise to power, I do not doubt for a moment that he was the Tenkai.
Kraze

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yo, im new.

I think the article was too long(my advice...What?!). I always like pics, so dont be scared to put a lot of it.

Hikusaak must not have been a Tenkai, all the heroes till now (except Thomas, which I dont consider as main hero, hes more like a big filler or a supporting hero like Viktor in Suikoden 1, and that in Suik 3 they tried to make alot of changes like the battle mode, 3D graphics & controlling multiple main characters, & hopefully they got back on track in Suik 4)
Hikusaak doesnt look like a fighter at all, and he doesnt look like a fitting hero for the Suikoden style at all.
Having him as a main hero and ending the game with him to make him end up the leader of this conquerer nation would make a pretty bad ending.
He could be someone who take the lead after the main hero leaves, but what would he be doing with that True Rune. And he looks really powerful to just be a side hero, or too ambitious. Having him replace your hero as leader would make the same result, a bad ending too.

I think they probably just needed a story for the eventual fall of Harmonia which will certainly happen in the futur. Like the Gate Rune War would not have happened or not have been the same without the Succession War.
Harmonia has been making alot of ennemies in seek of True Runes and as degraded alot if I trust what I remember reading. They lost the Scarlet Moon Empire territory, also Highland separated from them, but that doesnt make them weak enough yet, so I wouldnt be surprise to see a Suikoden x with an alliance of their enemies lead by a Tenkai or many True Rune users like Suik 3, fighting against the Circle Rune and the other True Runes that Harmonia posseses. Or Hikusaak could be the Tenkai(which I doubt) or be part of the revolution to put an end to Harmonia in the end, I read that he hadnt make an appearance for quite a while.

.....(faaaaaarrrrrrrrtttttt)....... Feels good now. :oops:
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My only true concern was with the picture of Hikusaak. What makes you think that his hair was blonde, with both Luc and Sasarai having brown hair? That soundd harsh, but no offense meant. It's just I always thought of him as being an aged version of the two boys, perhaps with a few scars from battle, him being a war-hero and all. That was just my two cents on the picture.

The article was well written and made sense, generally speaking. The point raised about likening Hikusaak to a Tenkai hero was especially poignant in my mind. I had never thought of it like that. Is it just me, or does it seem taht every nation has their own tenkai of some kind? If you count Chris for Zexen and Hugo for Grasslands and Hikusaak for Harmonia. Just a tangential observation that occured to me while reading the story.

Over all, Good job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: