Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your current educational situation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h i k a r i a

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently going through my last year of highschool. Only a month has passed and I'm already busy with school work and studying. Ayie. =___=

After graduation, I'm planning to go to university, specifically aiming for the School of Music in University of British Columbia. I am interested in getting into General Music or Composition. I'm not too worried in terms of the marks I'm getting. I usually get As and Bs on my subjects. What I'm concerned though is the music audition because it's the performance that'll determine whether or not the student is accepted into the music faculty. Not to mention that it's extremely competitive. Also, the professors/adjudicators there can be quite bias based on the audition. So if I screw up on the audition and I didn't please the audience, I might not be able to get in or end up on the waiting list. I don't think my school marks can save me either. >__<

I'm working on at least nine new piano pieces, mostly classical. The learning progress is slow because I spend more time studying and playing than playing on the piano (which is around an hour or two everyday.) I still have a lot of time to work and improve, considering that the audition takes place around May 2006. But then, a day can pass by really quick. For me, at least. ^^; I'm still looking for other options besides UBC and I'm planning to apply to a couple of schools in Toronto, maybe one outside of Canada. In the meantime, I just want to put my concerns aside until second term begins and do something interesting and fun before I graduate from highschool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

right now I should be out of high school and starting college, but because of my past laziness, Im still making up credits in order to recieve my HS diploma. the good thing is that I only have to go through about 7 more weeks of the make up class and then I'll be done! WHOO! after that, I'll be waiting till spring to go to college
Kasim Hazil

The Blue Moon Brotherhood

11390 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in my 3rd year of a 4 year Concurrent Education program... basically that means I'm getting two degrees at once, a BA in Contemporary Studies and a BEd, so I'm basically doing teacher's college at the same time as regular university. Unfortunately that means I have a very self-destructive workload most of the time. But it still has many positives. I get to go out and teach every monday all year long and then for a longer block of time at the end of every year, so I get a lot more experience in the classroom.

Also, I have a chance next year to spend a month in Kenya building a new school in a small village and then teaching there for a while. I think it'll be a really rewarding experience, and I can't wait! Despite the fact that it will cost me about $3000
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yaddayadda doo, associates of fine art, 2 year county college. damrn, if only I got a boyfriend out of that place as well as a piece of paper.

so yeh for now I'm done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Abyssinian

Abyss Mercenary Union

56886 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently, I'm studying at a 'Liceo scientifico' in Milano (italy). These liceo's are sort of a college here in italy, i mean, the schools here are divided into: elemntary, high school (secondary), and either liceo's or professional istitutes. Professional istitutes are kind of a little inferior to liceo's, because the subjects teached there are directed at more practical stuff, and include stages in companies. These schools last from 3 to 5 years, and once you're done, you can find a job depending on which direction the istitute you attended directed you, and also on which stages you were sent off to. Liceo's instead teach you more theorical stuff, and it usually (always unless extraordinaire stuff going on) lasts 5 years, and during these 5 years you don't do stages or anything like that, you remain in school and study endlessly... Liceo's are divided into scientifico (scientific), linguistico (linguistic), artistico (artistic), classico (classic), etc... I won't explain what each of them deals with, 'cause it would take ages, but where i go, the subjects teached are: Maths (algebra, geometry, analitic geometry, trigonometry, funcions), Physics, Latin (Literature, grammar), Italian (same as latin), Basic science (during first year), biology (second year), chemistry (third year), organic chemistry (4th year), biochemistry(5th year), English (Grammar in the first 3 years, then literature the other 2), Phylosophy (spelling?), History, and that's it i think...
And during the last summer vacations, i went to some private school to take a course on hardaware and networks, so last october i received a sort of diploma of having become a 'hardware tecnician'.
So.... This is what i'm studying so far... and i don't really know what to do in the future... i live day by day i guess :P
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My finals for my 1st semester is next week. I'm in the senior class of 2006 and I currently have a 3.1 GPA. My nex semester class are Algebra II, English 12B, French IIIB, Small Business Education, Business Law, and Organic Biology. And outta those classes, only 2 of them (Algerbra II and English 12B) are required, everything else I choose or got randomly.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm doing my first year high school. People here call ninth graders naveaux, which kinda means newbies. ;-; I really like it too. Studying for four courses is way easier and shorter than eight courses. And my school's four floors, which is cool, and at the same time tiring because my locker's on the first floor. xD

I plan to study in the medical field after high school, so most of my courses will involve science and math. Those courses are on the third and fourth floors. Damn. xP

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently attending a University about 15-20 minutes away from my house. I'm technically in my Junior Year, but I've got so many classes left to go in way of my major.

I originally went to a private college in the mountains north of where I live, but after a year there, they still didn't have the kind of technology that I needed in order to pursue my major (losing my scholarship didn't help when I transferred, either).

Luckily, the new school isn't as expensive as the private school, it's got the classes and course in order for me to take my major, and it's so much closer to where I live.

It, unfortunately doesn't have vast open spaces like my other campus did.... it isn't haunted either, and it surely doesn't have ancient Native American writing for us to study.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shanobi

-21435 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No! I hate school.

Editted by Timbo
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that was ridiculously unnecessary. :no: At least you didn't break the page.

*Finds an excuse to use the new smiley.*
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never thought that I'd agree with a post that was that long and unnecessary, but I have to agree with Shanobi about hating school somewhat...

My school is a small private school, yet I still have disagreements with some of the people there. Of course, I have all A's, but it isn't hard with this school...it's pretty easy compared to my old school...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been in college for so long it feels like I've spent my enitre life here—and I'll be in this state for at least another eight years, if not more. At least when I'm done, I can hang my niiice little PhD on the wall and gloat as I try not to think about the thousands of dollars and years of my youth, all gone West. :D

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Suzume

White Wind Brigade

205407 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a freshman in my second semester of college at Cal State University Fullerton. I'm headed toward a degree in history. I don't really like school much, but it beats the other straight out of highschool alternatives that I can think of...
I'll be happy when I'm finished.

Grasslands National Banana Appreciation Month!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suzume wrote:
I'm a freshman in my second semester of college at Cal State University Fullerton. I'm headed toward a degree in history. I don't really like school much, but it beats the other straight out of highschool alternatives that I can think of...
I'll be happy when I'm finished.

Doesn't sound like college is a good thing for you if you're hating it. If you're not liking it, you might want to reconsider going through so many years of college and ending up in massive amounts of debt. You won't get through four years if you don't enjoy what you're doing.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the same time...I hated school for about two years, but now I'm really glad I stuck through it. It's almost always better to have the experience and the education rather than not, I think. :)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: