Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your current educational situation.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Your current educational situation. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not quite sure that this is what this forum is for, but I think I have it right...

So...what are you all doing right now in terms of education and if you aren't being educated currently, then what are you up to?

I am currently a freshman in high school and am about to be in 10th grade. School's almost out for me. Can't wait for summer.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently going to school for my BA in Culinary Arts, then I am going for my AOS in Baking and Pastry. After I graduate when I'm 23, I plan on taking the Certfied Master Chef's examine and become the youngest CMC.

If I suceed then I'll probably get some sort of degree in business depending on how confident I feel, then I plan on opening a resturant in my home town, one in New York and a Hotel in Hawaii and a Catering Business. If those are also sucessful I plan to get my PHD in Food Science. Which means I can raise the price of my menu's by 30 dollars a plate and people won't complain.

After that, each business should have a trusted supervisor to watch over it for me, and then I move down to the Maldives, where I fish everyday and drink fruity stuff from coconuts.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm studying a Degree in Business studies and Economics at the university of Sheffield right now. I'm in my first year here and I got about a week or so before I've done my exams and I get a summer vacation.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's the most interesting of subjects I could of done but it passes the time, I'm a top quality slacker for the most part.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished my sophmore year and am currently transfering to a state school as a junior. I'm going after a liberal arts degree with the aim in teaching (which means that one day I WILL TEACH YOUR CHILDREN (teenagers, anyway - or possibly you, yourself, if you are young enough), and if that does not strike fear into your heart than NOTHING WILL), and, as liberal arts is a, ah, smaller paying field, ideally I'd like to go back and get my master's, though that's not happening without a lot of extra money I don't have right now.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I am currently going to school for my BA in Culinary Arts, then I am going for my AOS in Baking and Pastry. After I graduate when I'm 23, I plan on taking the Certfied Master Chef's examine and become the youngest CMC.

If I suceed then I'll probably get some sort of degree in business depending on how confident I feel, then I plan on opening a resturant in my home town, one in New York and a Hotel in Hawaii and a Catering Business. If those are also sucessful I plan to get my PHD in Food Science. Which means I can raise the price of my menu's by 30 dollars a plate and people won't complain.

After that, each business should have a trusted supervisor to watch over it for me, and then I move down to the Maldives, where I fish everyday and drink fruity stuff from coconuts.

. . . and you'll give me free food at your New York restaurant, right? . . . RIGHT?

Anyways, I'm finishing up my senior year of high school at the moment (graduation day is June 17, send me money) and then I plan to go to Ursinus College, in Pennsylvania, and learn stuff. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do as an actual career, but right now I'm leaning towards majoring in either History or Environmental Studies. I also want to attempt to spend a semester in Japan, though that program's really competitive ;_;.

More than likely, I'll end up being a teacher for some high school, but who knows, maybe I'll end up doing something completely and utterly different.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, seriously, do you honestly think we can fill a whole subforum about education? Sports, sure. Games and Anime, yes. Suikoden stuff, of course. But... education?

You'd be better of splitting the subforum up into a "Serious Discussion" section from the General Discussion section, but everyone here at this forum is already so serious that separating the two would not be too useful.

In any case, I'm a Master's Student in computer science and I'm trying to finish up either this term or the next one. I'm looking at the possibility of Ph.D. Studies for the next year.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im a seventh grader, moving up to 8th on June 23rd. Well auctually auctual school ends on June 17th, finals end on June 23rd. Im pretty smart especially with History which i have an A+ in. you would think i would be good at technology because i like architecture but im really slow and im very far behind on our project, which is a dragster.

Sophita wrote:
I WILL TEACH YOUR CHILDREN (teenagers, anyway - or possibly you, yourself, if you are young enough)

maybe you will teach me, im young enough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
. . . and you'll give me free food at your New York restaurant, right? . . . RIGHT?

Maybe, if you start sucking up now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now, I should be studying for my final exams of high school. This time next week I'll be done exams, this time two weeks from now I'll have graduated. Starting September I'll be attending Queen's University to study English and Art History. Go team.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I should be studying for finals too, but I have an A in all my classes so I"m not worried...though I should be.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am done with high school (thank God). i'll be going to college to study (for now) buisness or psychology or something like that. i can't say for sure if there's anything i really want to do, but i know what i DON'T WANT to do. i don't need no stinking desk job(suits and ties, no thanks.)

another option is going to technical school to be a mechanic. and if none of that comes to pass, there is alwways the option o being a wandering samurai..... in the 21st century......

yeah, that'll go over well in today's world....

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently studying History with a minor in Business at Louisiana State University. I just finished my third year so next year i will be a senior. I will probably stay around for another year though so i can get my grades up some more and also so i can have a little more fun. I plan on attending law school at some point so i won't be done with school for a long time. It's ok though because i like the school atmosphere and i don't think i am ready to graduate.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Collage freshman in Kuwait's Collage of Technological Studies, majored in Computer Science/Engineering.

To be truthful with myself, I don't like what I'm studying and don't feel good about it, I know it is a waste of time to keep on but I already finished a lot (to be exact will finish a lot this week), so quitting now won't feel good, and besides, I think I can always study something else when I finish with my recent field of studies.

But the problem is what to study, everyday is like a new thing for me, I used to think Computer Science was good and fun and after majoring in it I found that it is not what I really want, of course I had a lot of other options before but I didn't want to chose anything and make a mistake (feels ironic now that I already feel like I did a mistake), and what makes things worse is that now thinking about it I don't know what will make me feel comfortable and good.

So, all in all, my educational life is somewhat in a disaster.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

College freshman in University of Indonesia, majored in Bussiness Administration

I like what I'm studying right now, even though my grades are pretty so-so, and this week is the final exam. I pretty sure that I won't pass the accounting exam, so I guess next year I could only take 18 credits, oh well.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm already done with school and college and all that, but I do often wonder if I should go back to school to get some advanced degrees. It probably won't happen, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: