Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your current educational situation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread is for my current education situation, and I guess I'm not the only one who is counting the last precious days, hours, and minutes until summer vacation is ended and the new semester resumes for a lot of us. I have to go back to UNLV on August 29th, and I'll have classes until December 17th.

BUT this semester looks to be a lot more enjoyable than my last few. Here's why:

a) I only have classes 4 days out of the week instead of 5. I'm at a disadvantage because I have to drive 11 miles in lousy city traffic to get to my university, and believe it or not doing that much driving can burn you out. Especially if the classes I'm driving 11 miles to aren't that interesting.

b) I'm taking the last two psychology classes I'll ever need to take for my degree: social psychology (PSY 460) and physio- psychology (PSY... 403? something like that). I'm excited that I'm so close to completing my major, but I may still take other psych classes in my last 2 semesters after this one. They had a class once called psychology & film, so THAT would be an awesome class to sit through, I think.

So yep, two main reasons why I'm not dreading this semester. The only thing I'm dreading is getting my sleep schedule back on track. *looks at the time and wonders how it got to be 4:21 am so fast* :|

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, good luck to you, Nutflush. You're nearly finished!

I'm having a bit of a rough time though. I just barely passed all of my classes last semester. I had to take a supplememntary exam for one, but it was half fortunate/half strange that the supplementary exam was the exact same as the one i took for the finals. i passed the subject (think how embarrasing it would be if i didn't!)

Now, I'm doing Thermodynamics 236 (yeah, its sound so scientific, so technical. I is so smart :mrgreen: ), Engineering Graphics (working on AutoCAD, if anyone of you knows about it), Strengths of Materials and Industrial Operations. I still have 2 more years to go, and i'm doing both second and third year classes.

this year, it looks like i'll be most likely driving to campus, since we just bought another car and my dad just left for Jakarta. It helps especially at Friday, since i got classes then from 08:00 in the morning up to 18:00 in the evening! And i hate waking up so early! :x

Well, once more, good luck to you Nutflush. And wish me luck. Mechanical Engineering equals a big "no-no", unless you want to get into an entry job with salaries a minimum of $45k per annum. :roll:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I am Freshgirl at law. Having all morning lecturer from Monday till Friday.

For two weeks since yesterday my "Introduction To Law" lecture moved to Monday noon from Tuesday and that mean I will have three subjects for a day (I Hate Monday).

I will have my middle semester test about three weeks more and should read those heavy law book.

I hope I can get good GPA so I can finish my college sooner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's odd . . . are you taking the same classes as me? Are we in the same school? (Wouldn't that be nice?)

My situation is similar to Calupict's. (Unless she's actually in the REAL Law school, and if so, don't burn me too much!) Right now I'm attending Western College aiming for an associate degree in Paralegal Studies. Currently, I'm taking "Introduction to Law" and "Legal Research and Writing" along with an applications class. Sad thing is, school started 2 weeks ago for me. As a matter of fact, I already have a project due the same week as my birthday next month. What a drag. But it's nothing severe; it's mainly writing a disposition.

Classes are from Monday to Thursday from 8:00 in the morning to 1:00 in the afternoon. But that's on paper. Many of the teachers don't teach that long and our class is very bright. Most of the time we're dismissed by 11:30, but since we can't leave campus until 1:00, I surf here to pass the time.

Here's the thing though, it's a year round school and I won't have any summer vacation at all. I'll graduate on November 2006 if everything goes according to plan, but there are no breaks in between. But in reality, that's the way I like it. I need stuff hammered into my head consistently to learn.

But regardless of the lengthy work I have to do, at least I still have time to come here.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good luck to you Ced and Calupict.

Ced the Lad wrote:
That's odd . . . are you taking the same classes as me? Are we in the same school? (Wouldn't that be nice?)

That would be nice, but it's most likely not true. Calupict, to the best of my knowledge is still living in Jakarta in Indonesia.

Speaking of which, a good friend of mine told me that in his Uni (forget which one, i'll have to ask him) in Jakarta, the give the new 2005 students a free laptop! The purpose of this is to create the more IT-ish environment, connecting wirelessly, you know the deal. I think they're new laptops, not second hand ones, either! Blast it!

Ced The Lad wrote:
I'll graduate on November 2006 if everything goes according to plan, but there are no breaks in between.

Lucky you. I should be finished by December 2007. :( And i started my course last year. *sigh*

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aimless

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I kinda envy you people. I dropped out years ago. It's not bad bumming around the house, but sometimes I wish I could do something constructive with my life.

Besides, It's just a matter of time before my folks throw me out.

No, I'm not kidding. Seriously.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am stuck in the most random part of the long process of a education in schools. High school is like sitting in classes with idiots for four years, just so you can get a piece of paper that will allow you to get education that will actually greatly help you get a good job.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've just started on my 3 year long Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering education. It will propably take more then 3 years. Actually it WILL take more then 3 years because I'm planning on taking some extra classes for example Japanese and 3D design. Maybe som advanced english class too, or something else to improve my english, even though its pretty good now.
For the future I'm planning on becoming a game developer. Propably level designer och characters designer or somehting like that, and yes I know the odds and yes I know there are special educations for game developing. But a bacheleor or master of science degree is the best educations if you want a chance to work in the game industry
Bekka

The Kotaro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in my last year of highschool right now. I'll be leaving in 2006 and can't wait to get to collage to study some subjects I'm actually interested in. I plan to take computer lessons, and also would like to start to study a bit of Japanese. I'm not sure what else I'll be studying yet.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last year of High school, and I am currentlly switching between one of two things. The I just don't really care much anymore about life, and I must get better to show these people just what I am made of! I make an equal balance of the two but right now I'm in the second mood.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in my third year of physics. It's the year that I say goodbye to all the general physics classes filled with 200 people and hello to the smaller classes with about 15-20 people. Plus, I get to learn all the "just because" or "it's beyond the scope of this class" stuff that got blown off in the first two years. It isn't easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My brother has just started going for one of those specialized game degrees. A friend of mine who did quite a bit of research said those are useless. You have a much better chance of being hired if you are a great programmer or computer graphic designer than if you get one of those specialized game degrees. I trust him on this. He said the reaction you'll get is "Cool, you have a degree in game design. Can you program C++?" In other words, they just don't care.

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:
I'm in my third year of physics. It's the year that I say goodbye to all the general physics classes filled with 200 people and hello to the smaller classes with about 15-20 people. Plus, I get to learn all the "just because" or "it's beyond the scope of this class" stuff that got blown off in the first two years. It isn't easy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My brother has just started going for one of those specialized game degrees. A friend of mine who did quite a bit of research said those are useless. You have a much better chance of being hired if you are a great programmer or computer graphic designer than if you get one of those specialized game degrees. I trust him on this. He said the reaction you'll get is "Cool, you have a degree in game design. Can you program C++?" In other words, they just don't care.

Your friend is correct; those game developing degrees are more or less useless. The problem is that there is almost no company that will hire a guy with a degree in game developing rather than a guy with a Master or Bachelor of Science degree. The game developing degrees doesn't have very good reputation. Those companies I've spoken to (DICE amongst others) says that in maybe 3-5 years you could start thinking about going to those educations. Then maybe they have gotten more respect from game companies. But now its probably waste of time. He could be lucky though.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Swedish Ninja Pirate wrote:
I've just started on my 3 year long Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering education. It will propably take more then 3 years. Actually it WILL take more then 3 years because I'm planning on taking some extra classes for example Japanese and 3D design. Maybe som advanced english class too, or something else to improve my english, even though its pretty good now.
For the future I'm planning on becoming a game developer. Propably level designer och characters designer or somehting like that, and yes I know the odds and yes I know there are special educations for game developing. But a bacheleor or master of science degree is the best educations if you want a chance to work in the game industry

Interesting...I'm doing engineering as well. But previously, i hear that there was a class to study German. I don't know if it's required or not, though i suspect that it's not. But i hear that in germany, engineers get a special title, like how a physician is called a "doctor".

I would like to learn Japanese, but i'll probably forget it. I've been trying to learn Urdu, Bahasa Indonesia, French and Spanish, but i forgot most of my French and Spanish, i speak some Bahasa and some Urdu, but rudimentarily. I think i can get by with "Gomenasai" and "arigato, Mr. robotto".

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I am in my second year of my Honors English Literature degree. Last year I contemplated making the switch to Psychology, which is an appealing study, but something requiring lots and lots of time (8-12 years after University? No thanks). My grades were slightly under par (for me) last year, but I waited too late to pick my classes and got largely shafted with 8 AM classes every day and things I just had no desire to learn. This year is different, with my first semester consisting of a Philosophy of Religion course, Canadian Literature, first year Linguistics (my only full-year course) and Persuasive discourse. Next semester I have alot more classes.

After I graduate I will probably try to get a job with a newspaper. I have a goal to try and have my first novel published by the time I graduate, but it's going to be close. If my job isn't to my liking, I'll go back for my Masters, or go to college and take something trendy, like Advertising, so I can be the guy who writes the commercials, that's probably a good job.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah man my prelim exams in high school are starting in November. I get nervous when i think about it. On lasy years prelims i done rubbish but i am hoping i get good grades this year as they important. :cry:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: