Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your current educational situation.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was the funniest thing I read today. Thanks.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just finished my second year majoring in underwater basket weaving. Ok not quite...I go to Montana State University - Bozeman and I am majoring in physics, but I did just finish my second year.

I will go on to get my phD because of advice given to me by several people in the university system and at JPL about continuing in physics. They all pretty much said this: A BS in physics (I love that phrase, btw) will get you any internship you want, but no one will hire you and a master's in physics will make them think you couldn't handle the phD program. This is really no problem because I like physics even after two years of it. Plus, if I change my mind after my BS, I will have many opportunities open to me because of it anyway. Specifically, I would like to avoid going into solid state physics research because, according to info posted in my physics dept, it recently has the highest number of phD's given out nationwide. I'd like to go a road less traveled to increase my chances of getting hired somewhere.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

o.o; *Amused by the post above*

I'll be a second year student at the University at Buffalo this upcoming year trying to get a BS either in Physics or Mathematical Physics. Eventually I think I'd like to go on to receive a PhD in Astrophysics or whatever interests me in the future. Unfortunately I was very lazy during my first year and need to work very hard these upcoming three years. *Sigh*

:) I'll be taking summer school in about a month to catch up with mathematics and am currently studying developmental psychology to get out of a gen ed requirement by testing out with the CLEP exams. :mrgreen:

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, welcome back, Angelic Sin. It's been some time since i last saw you post. *throws a handful of confetti*

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
"Oh! You must be so smart! Please fix my fridge, Mr. Engineer." :x

You think that's bad? Imagine being a computer scientist.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arcana wrote:
You think that's bad? Imagine being a computer scientist.

Oh, but i can. I am asked to help with the Internet and other computer problems as well. I did a couple of Computer Engineering classes. Most surpirisingly i passed in them. But i got to hand it to you guys. You guys do good work. I can't imagine myself working with all those codes and arrays and such. It must be so frustrating to be so meticulous and all. I salute you, Mr. Computer Scientist. 8-)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Hey, welcome back, Angelic Sin. It's been some time since i last saw you post. *throws a handful of confetti*

:D Thanks, yeah... it's been quite a while... and I still haven't gotten through even a quarter of Suikoden IV or even accomplished great things while away (like a higher GPA in college, grr) :)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I teach high school shop and pre-engineering, and yes, I'm female.

Oh, the stories I could tell...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StryderthePrince

Mithril Knights

37 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will be a junior at Elon University this fall. I'm studying under a BA Technical Theatre and Production program, but basically I'm just a script writer and costume designer. After school I'll have a job at a Theatre for underprivileged kids here in North Carolina, and after I've saved enough money I'll move back up north and open my own studio in Maine or something. Need to get into contact with a scene and/or lighting desinger though....oh well. I'll see about that when it comes to that.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i graduated from high school 3 years ago. i haven't gone to college yet but i will be starting in the fall, finally. during my 3 years off i have done nothing and i hope i can get back into the whole going to school and paying attention thing.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

apathy wrote:
i graduated from high school 3 years ago. i haven't gone to college yet but i will be starting in the fall, finally. during my 3 years off i have done nothing and i hope i can get back into the whole going to school and paying attention thing.

Well, college isn't exactly like going back to high school. It's more like studying on your own and to keep on studying! And screwing up really matters, since it's your (or your parent's) money that'll go down the drain if you fail!

Besides that, good luck to you! ^_^

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My education well...

Since I am a complete illiterate fool that went to school but never stayed in class I had at some point to think of my future. So after some consideration and revelation I decided that I needed to get a PhD in English literature, and I intent to do that in the coming years, as you can see I'm not exactly an example of grammar and sentence structure.

I pick things up quick, the classes I take currently have one problem, there too advanced, and I'm supposed to be the best in the class but, and here is my real problem.

I have no foundation I don't know the basics and I'm moving fast in more advanced things with no basis to cover-up the holes, I passed the exams last year with an 80% and I "felt" all the answers rather than known.

I can take private classes to cover specific stuff but they cost, but I can't shy away from it for very long.

After I manage to pass the GC O level I'll give it a shot at A level and after that if I get A or B (I accept nothing less) I will move on to England to try to enter a college or University to get my degree.

At the same time I will try to make a general test to pass the ordinary school (in England) so I will have a better chance been accepted in jobs.

But before all that I want to learn Japanese the only problem is that I don't want to do it alone like before and miss the fundamentals again so I'm going to go and take normal classes preferably next period that starts in a month or so.

If I'm not 50 after all that I want to purse genetic engineering and specialize in genetic enhancement, and even further to bio genetics and even some biology and physics while I'm at it.

All that may sound too much if you look at me now but I can devote my self to great extend and focus on something until is completed, besides I really want to learn that stuff.
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sixth grader who never reads a book but has the average speed of 277 every words in one minute and is high above average but doesn't knows the spelling os succes :?
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My education status sucks. I'm out of high school but I didn't consider myself smart enough to go to four year college so I started at a small community college. I started taking computer classes because I thought Network Administrator would be a nice job. Finished the first quarter with decent grades, but didn't take anymore because I discovered I hate computer related jobs. Too much information for my puny brain to handle.

Now, I'm not currently in any form of college, and I doubt I'll ever go back. So people just aren't meant to live decent lives. I don't care if I ended high school with a cumulative 3.5 GPA. I know the limitations of my intelligence better than anyone else.

I think I'll just settle for a crappy life.
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After highschool I went on a one year exchange trip to Sweden. Man, that was an experience and a half. You learn a lot about yourself when you are thrown into a foreign country where you don't know anyone, not to mention all of the things you learn about the new culture. For example, I am now bi-lingual (yay!) just from spending a year in Sweden. I also took a year of their equivalent of high school, in the theatre stream. It was a lot of fun, and applicable to what I want to do, which is become an actor. Overall though I think that just being there and living taught me more than I probably would have learned had I been in college for a year instead. I learnt things that changed me as a person, and that helped to prepare me for living in the world, things that you can't learn out of a book. I would definitly reccomend doing some travelling out of high school, you wont regret it.

So now I've been back from Sweden for a year, almost exactly. Over the course of that year I attended community college. I just did some pretty general stuff, English, Philosophy, Political Science, that sort of thing. It was more out of an interest in the topics than a goal that I had in mind. I also worked to try and replenish my depleted funds from travelling. Well I've been home, I also auditioned for several theatre schools, and with a good deal of luck, I managed to get into a really prestigious acting school! So in September I'll be off pursuing my dream in Vancouver, at Studio 58. I am so unbelievably excited about the opportunity. Studio 58 holds auditions all across the country. This year I believe they said there were two hundred and fifty applicants, and they take seventeen in September, and seventeen in January. The facility runs in conservatory style, which means that you have your regular classes during the day, and in the evening you are working on a production. The first production that I'll be involved in when I get there is the North American premiere of the piece! I won't be acting though; it's the senior students that get that honor. I'll have my turn though, if I make it through the program. I can't wait!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Educational All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: