Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Net fishing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Net fishing Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I learned you can pretty much not move and still get stuff, but my question was is there a time limit to getting some of the items. I'm in over 90 hours of the game. Mainly trying to get the pirate boots and leaving the ship alone for a few minutes then checking on it. Still, nothing. Well not nothing, I get fishes instead. The rarest thing I've gotten was ocean rune pieces, but that's about it. I have the hero, Rheinbach, Chiepoo and Rita, all around 80, and have the total luck number of everyone to be over 800. I'm at a new game +, I got all 108 stars, but I didn't active the scene with Mizuki and Akagi yet. Should I just give up on the boots? I really don't know if I'll ever get them, and maybe they require you to be in another location or something depending on the time, I don't know.
Has anyone else had this much trouble with the pirate boots?
It took me a while to find Snowe's stuff, but not this long. Did I miss something, or just have really bad luck?

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I checked Gamefaqs and a Faq said that you need to be in the Pirate Nest Sea. It didnt tell anything else just stay in that sea and have Shiramine cast a net.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always lucked out on the boots. After fighting Snowe near the Pirates' Nest, and following him all the way to Razril, I cast the net, and I've always gotten it when I check back. For the sake of your sanity, I'm telling it's a waste of time. It doesn't carry over to the New Game+ anyway. Go for the Ogre and Goblin Sets instead.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll remember that next time, thank-you. Yeah, I most wanted to see if I could get them, but no luck. So I'm going to give up and hopefully get it the next game. Thanks anyway.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It always took me forever to get the boots too. I think we just both have bad luck. :(
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally have difficulty getting all of Snowe's armor sets...I have yet to get his pirate outfit, which is his best one.

^Actual quote!
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got pretty lucky with all my netting experiences, especially when I learned you didn't even have to move. Random factors like these in games can get pretty annoying sometimes though.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
I personally have difficulty getting all of Snowe's armor sets...I have yet to get his pirate outfit, which is his best one.

For me it took forever to get the knight outfit. Both of the other two (pirate and noble) came very quickly. Which proves (at least to me) that it is completely random.

I usually just stay still and switch my tv on and watch something, then during commercials switch back over to the PS2 and see what I caught.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am the unluckiest bastard in the world. It takes me hours to get minor stuff. I never even tried to get the cool netfishing stuff because I knew it would take me days upon days to find it. The only item drop that I've ever been able to get quickly in any game is the Nameless Urn. For some reason I can get that thing on the second encounter all the time. I've actually gotten it walking from Teien to Rikon to talk to Jabba for the first time.

Back to netfishing: you can get a lot of curio items for Pecola's room that way. Is there any benefit to doing this? What do they do once you've got them?

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
Back to netfishing: you can get a lot of curio items for Pecola's room that way. Is there any benefit to doing this? What do they do once you've got them?

You can put the items in the ornament room. Certain themes put together will create extra scenes to view.

Fancy set= Scene with Reinbach and Charlemagne

Forest set= Scene with Aldo and Gau

Simple set= Secne with Frederica and Helmut

Animal set= Scene with Oskar and Setsu

Ocean set= Scene with Lilen and Lilan

Traditional Japanese Set= Scene with Shiramine and Lo Fong

That's about it, they are more or less just to collect like antiques. Some people love to start an antique/treasure collection in Suikoden. (I'm one of them) I loved the ability to display statues, vase and paintings in your castle in III and display things in your room in IV.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
White Fang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So how exactly does net fishing work? You cast the net and then what, you wait on the ship (anchored) or dpart? If you depart do you stay still or sail around?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have to be "departed" in order for you to obtain items. You can move if you want to spend some time while waiting, or you could just leave the ship sitting there while you watch TV or something. You'll still get something even though you don't move the ship.

Blue Thunder wrote:

Yay for S&M-ness. :lol:

Neclord wrote:
For me it took forever to get the knight outfit. Both of the other two (pirate and noble) came very quickly. Which proves (at least to me) that it is completely random.

Same here, my necro friend. The Knight outfit was very frustrating to get. I gave up on it anyway because in my opinion it was the suckiest of his outfits and didn't think it was worth it to wait that long just to get it.

Putting Oskar, who has an A in Found Treasure, in party may or may not help with getting rare items. Some people said he does from their experience, though I'm not sure if it was ultimately confirmed.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You sail around. Usually fighting about 10 battles before you pull up the net. It's a lot easier if you have the champion rune on someone though. Then just sail around for about 5-10 minutes, pull up the net and you should have a lot of stuff.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I normally just stop the boat on the spot and just leave it for about 20 minutes (Just watch tv for that time) Then i pull it up and get the goods thats how i get most of the underwater stuff.
White Fang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool, so which areas are the best for armour sets and ocean rune pieces?

My hero is level 51 and I have just got gained access to Middleport and got Ted, if I equip him with a Champion Rune will that stop almost all fights at sea (apart from things like the Levithan)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: