Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Suikoden race do you prefer?
Human
30%
 30%  [ 29 ]
Elf
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Kobold
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Winger
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Ney-Kobold
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Lizard
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Duck
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 96

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We all know that Suikoden is a game that focuses a lot on different groups of people, namely races. So what do you think? Which race is it that is superior?

Mine is probably the Kobolds. They are among the largest racial group in the Suiko world, in fact, they are second only to the humans. Through most of them lack the ability of decent speech, they are loyal to their friends. They have proven this more than once.

Kuromimi traveled everywhere to attempt to save his breathen. The kobold soldiers tried to presuade Ridley to help fight the Highlanders in Tworiver. The kobolds from the kobold village in the same game went to help their own breathen in Tworiver at this exact same time. Gau in suiko3 was loyal to Duke, and chose to help Geddoe at the Mt. Senai shrine when they were in serious need of help, even through they weren't techincally friends. Muto continued to help fortify Budehuc Castle when the Zexen counsellor was attacking, even though it was clear it was a lost cause (in this case, however, it isn't only him that did so though...). All these are prove to the loyalty of the kobold race.

I hated the elves. To me, the elves are ever arrogant, thinking their race is superior to all others. The village chief of the elves in suiko 1 rejected help that humans gave and in fact locked them up after that. Stallion was a stuck up elf that continues to be proud due to the fact that he was born with a Godspeed rune. Rubi rejected helping Kirkis even though they new each other initially as he was to proud of his strength.Roland was arrogant in every way I could see. [SPOILER] The elves in suiko4 though they were so smart by luring the humans to syeal their medicine. That is why I think that that elves are arrogant.

So what do you think?
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im going towards the Humans because they are the rulers of the planet. They have the power to fight with runes (im not saying that other races cant) and the power to build stone buildings. They have rule over the land and can kick anyone off of it if they want, for example when the wingers were told to leave the mountains of Tinto by the mining guild. But humans abuse their power to much like when Kwanda Rosman burned the elves village.

But i still think that the Humans are the most superior race.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ducks, for sure. Just because they're so chillin' :P

But besides that, they've got a lucrative trade industry (I hope nobody finds out that I don't know what lucrative means >_>), are very potent fighters, considering that they're actually just huge ducks, they're adept at yoga, and small children can ride them into battle.

Yessir, the ducks are the true kings of the Suikoden world. Shame there's only the one village of them... poor ducks.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik wrote:
they've got a lucrative trade industry (I hope nobody finds out that I don't know what lucrative means >_>)

Wow you used it right in the sentence, good job without even knowing what it means. If you are wondering it means it means Producing Wealth or Profitable.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Humans for obvious reasons. The most widespread, most ruling race of the SUiko world is none other than our equivalent, the humans. As far as we've seen, there are no nations run by other races, only small outposts of their socities (which leads me to believe that the humans came in and drove them back) Humans are the influential race of the Suikoden world and hold all the cards when it comes to power.

For second I would have to go with Kobolds (even if it is JUST for Ridley) They're a proud group that is very well spread out, they know what they're doing when it comes to dealing with humans (dog is man's best friend afterall) They don't try to isolate themselves, and very few claim superiority. The Kobolds are very powerful warriors (as displayed by Gengen, and Ridley) and are usually prepared to take up arms to protect what is important to them. I respect the Kobolds more than any of the other races.

For absolute mediocrity, I'm going to have to go with the ducks. WHile they are a powerful village...they are ONLY a village. True, Jordie, Rhett, and Wilder are strong, but they seem to be exceptions as the other grassland warriors (lizard and Karaya) seem to be superior to them in every way.While the ducks are more versatile (retaining their trade and arts while being decent warriros) they just don't have what it takes.

btw Halberdier, I despise elves.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

btw Halberdier, I despise elves.

YAY.. I made a new friend.... ^_^
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Humans (Well unless you count the True runes, but I think that trying to figure them out may be too hard right now)
Anyway, I'd choose humans because they actually rule over countries and nations. They also tend to show a sign of determination that seems to be more common in humans then other beings. They know how to fight strategically and are able to govern their communities and evolve.

Second, I'd have to agree with the Kobolds. Like dogs, they are loyal to each other, and are willing to help one another when they need to. They can be just as determined as humans, and are very respectful. The Nay-Kobolds I haven't really seen this type of behaviour though. Not to mention the 3 you get in S4 don't seem that honorable. Like Scarlet, I too have a soft spot for Ridley. He was a great commander and I saw him as someone who was willing to fight for his people. Despite his disagreements with the humans in Two river, he never said they deserve to die either. He was just watching out for his own people. Though they are loyal to each other and the ones they swear allegiance to, they don't really go out of their way to fight for a greater good either unless it involves them. I understand it's the same with the humans, but I just seem to notice that. The only acception I've seen was Gengen. Where there isn't really any reason for him to team up with Flik and Victor's troop, but he does anyway. Anyway, as the others said, the Kobolds have managed to extend themselves outside their countries.

I can't really say I hate elves since I really like Paula and Nei. Though they may not be the majority of elves, but it does give me some comfort that not all of them are that prejudice. I didn't like the way the elves in S1 and 4 handled things, and I agree that Stallion seems aroggant. Still, there does seem to be Elves who do not group humans together either.

Wingers I'd have to say are probably the least superior. They don't really produce much potches to have a community, they can be kicked out of their lands easily, and it is unknown how loyal they are to each other.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about the Dragons and the Mantors?

Anyway, it's easily Ducks. Their village can submerge. Can yours? Pft, didn't think so.

Sgt. Joe was a duck, and he kicked some major booty in battles. They were the first clan to join the Flame Champion. Did you have use all three available ducks in battle beefed up with Golden Beaks - that was impressive.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

What about the Dragons and the Mantors?

Correct me if I am wrong, but they do not own any form of comunity of their own. They only serve humans, which is not something I would call superiority. But I guess I should have added an "others" column.

Maybe unicorns, krakens, griffins and flying squrrels should be added too... After all they do have communities of some sort...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They probably do have communities, just nothing that is like a human community.

If you wanted to say "English Speaking Races" then fair enough.

Really though, some races are hard to compare. You could say Kobolds are the most superior, but there are examples of strong Kobold villages (Two-River) for example, and more passive villages like the Kobold Village for example.

Griffins as well, they are known to be violent (in the Forest Village example) and friendly like Feather and Fubar.

I can add an "other" column if you like?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I choose humans because like the others said, humans rule the suikoden world because they (in my opinion) are best when it comes to strategy and governance and as far as power goes, humans have the ability to wield true runes! i'm not saying other races can't humans are the only ones i've seen using them. and one more thing, humans could tame mantors and the like. maybe soon even the griffins although that would be hard work considering most of them tend to be violent....

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where are the mermaids?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good point. Mermaids especially have their own culture and society.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Sgt. Joe was a duck, and he kicked some major booty in battles. They were the first clan to join the Flame Champion. Did you have use all three available ducks in battle beefed up with Golden Beaks - that was impressive.

I would put SHiba, Dupa, and Bazba up against Jordi, Rhett, and Wilder any day of the week.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not believe in racial superiority, so I can't answer this question. I think that al of the races have their pros and cons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: