Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I see myself through you
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: I see myself through you Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is a differnt kind of "which chara are you" kind, because we need to make it deep and not be cheap and say "I am like Odessa because I am dead" or garbage like that.

no lets try and look deep within ourselfs and within characters who have some personality.
how are you like them, why? what makes you claim to be a bit like your chosen character?

sure topics like this have come and gone, here and others, I don't see one (i think) in the character section.

so, who do you see your self as, who do you reflect and who would be you? don't lie now and don't claim "just because" or "I'm blond too so I must be like jowy because he has Maze colored hair like me"

are you a dreamer of a better tomorrow willing to do what it takes to insure this near-utipoa? are you a defender of the wild? or do you find yourself being one with aniamls on a level like Badeaux?

who are we who's life do you steal? we can learn alot about ourselfs through fictional characters, and even other real people, we get to re-evaulate the situation and see how we may be, who we want to be and how we fool ourselfs.

lets make it deep like some of the other discussions we have here. we can get to know eachother while we're at it.
----------------------
(wonders who just died)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the greatest characters would definately be Jowy. Think about it... He was willing to sacrifice his friendship with Riou to try to stop the rage of Luca and build a new country of his own. And even when his death is iminent, he still wants to sacrifice himself be giving his black sword to Riou. He had the makings of a great hero... He is without a doubt who I want to be...

Now take a look at his skills:

High speed, the Black Sword kicks ass with its Hungry Fiend spell. Though it is somewhat true that his defense and HP is somewhat weaker than that of others, armor can solve that problem.

This is unlike another "friend" who claims his own arm is broken and runs away for self-benefit. He even sells out his own homeland!! (No offence to Snowe fans... :| )
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so you are saying you are like Jowy? how so? or you just want to emulate him? I guess that is ok as well.

(i guess my desciption wasn't good enough, i suppose this has to change around)

I'm not to good at finding myself so It will take a while for to open up.
(Oh I am so Connie, I like sleeping and straberries...woofies!)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had this discussion with another forumgoer yesterday actually. And after a long conversation, I deduced that I am most like either Gremio or Flik. I'll explore both of these personalities.

First off, Gremio is ready to serve, as I am. On countless occasions I have forgone my own personal safety and comfort to protect someone else (Pushed my friend out of the way of a car when I was 9). And even when larger deeds are nowhere to be seen, I remain the vigilant protector. When walking with anyone, I insist on taking the outside so that I am closest to the road. When my sister hears a noise and is afriad, I am immediately ready to investigate no matter how dangerous the situation seems. Though some of this seems a bit foolhardy, I say this, if I can give a person a better chance at staying alive or aid them in some way, I feel blessed to have played such a large part in that person's life. Secondly, loyalty and faith are my guides for life, to this date I have never stabbed a friend in the back or betrayed anyone's trust, I live by my word because in my mind, if someone can't trust my words, how can they ever trust me at all?

Next up is Flik (oddly enough probably my favorite character in SUikoden). This man is a model for all others to live by, and I was honored when I was compared to him yesterday. Often times, like Flik, I find my pride to be swelled, but not enough for it to get in the way of my duties. ALso, like Flik, I know the pain of losing someone very dear to me (Not going to expand on that one, not for a million soldiers) As I stated in my comparison to Gremio, I don't let my own wellbeing get in the way of others, this can be compared to Flik's incredible bravery, and his succesful attempt to stall the Scarlet Moon soldiers during the collapse of the palace.

Above all else, I can think of nothing nobler than giving one's life to save another...both of these men have exhibited a willingness to do such a thing, and I can only hope to liken myself to them more.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now this is something different.

Lessee... personally, I see myself as a Luc. No, not because I'm a raving Luc fan. I'd say because I don't like control. I'd rather not be held back by 'destiny' or anything that will most likely dictate what I'm supposed to or made to do. I wanna change the world and I probably will do it because I'm a crazy freak, nuts enough to do so.
I doubt I'd be willing to blow up the world for it, though.
Simply put, I'll do what I believe in, I'll fight fot it and there's nothing you guys can do about it. Nothing's gonna make me change my mind. *nodnod*
I suppose that's as close as I get.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had to choose I guess I'm like Hugo from Suiko3. I'm proud of who I am and I'm confident in many aspects of my life. I'm also quite immature at times and during others I have to become a leader. Like when at my camps work crew I ended up being the oldest camper there(I'm only a rising junior) so I had to step up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see myself in Elliot. We're not eager to jump into a dangerous situation, we don't like putting our lives on the line for anything, and if it came down to it, we'd be poor fighters. We have a nice sense of smell, too.
erhanz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm....i see myself in Juan from Suiko 3...the same attitude,the laziness and want to protect what i have just as Juan protect the Budehuc Castle from the Zexen Troop (Leo n Percival)
Samantha Carter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'd probably see my personality along the lines of Apple; wise and quiet, but with a strong charater and spirit. She is a clever woman and a good strategist, but also willing to show her humility and to shame herself in order to do what needs to be done.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i would see my personality as Nash. He is loyal to harmonia ( his nation in other words) as am i. ( as in real life nation) He used the grosser fluss which are two swords and i use to swords when i do sword fighting classes. He seems like a playboy kind of guy but really he is not that much of one,he refuses to peak when Chris is changing in brass castle, he is loyal to his mistress. ( now i am not marriad DUH! but if i was i am sure i would be loyal) He seems like a normal loyal serving guy as well as a good fighter. ( not to boast but i kicked my teachers ass in swordfighting lessons) There are many other reasons but i can not think of them right now.

Lastly i have the same of destiny in this froum as nash so whoo.

Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm

First I'd have to say Gremio. One reason I like him so much is because I kept being reminded of myself when I played with him. I'm really protective of my friends and family, and I usually end up cleaning/cooking/other menial taks when everyone else is too busy fooling around, and because I like to. I don't mind admitting I'm not very strong physically, or that smart, but if my friends or family were in danger I'd do anything to protect them including giving up my own life.

Also, I'd have to say Luc. Not because I'm one of his many fanboys or anything. . . But I while I believe in fate and destiny, I think we can defy it if we try. Sometimes I get a little arrogant thinking I'm morally correct and doing whats in everyones eventual best interest, like Luc did, and sometimes I can be rather apathetic and depending on the situation I wouldn't think of the casualties before doign what I thought was right. ;_; I really empathised with Luc in Suiko III ..
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I was to compare myself to a suikoden character I'd say that I'm pretty much like Kinnison. I love freedom and the surrounding me nature.
There's always been a dog at my side, I've had quite a few of them, yet none of them resembled Shiro, but I don't think that's important.
I'm not much of a "leaderish" type, and if I had to choose a weapon I'd possibly pick a bow ( or a sword). I consider myself a calm and quiet person...not as shy as Kinnison though.
And finally, if I were a suikoden character I'd also fall in love with Ayda, I've got a similiar taste in women =D.
Lazlo

Knights of Gaien

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Snowe is the character whose personality I can align with the most. This is hard to admit, because Snowe grew up as a sheltered, spoiled brat who was always told he was going to be the best at everything he did in life. I was raised in a similar situation. Sadly, as I grew older, I realized that no matter how hard I tried, there were always people who had somehting special, something that drew people to them...something that I could never have. Even though I make choices that I truly believe are the best choices to make, I still get ridiculed and blamed for it. It's hard for someone to swallow their pride and admit they are more of a follower than a leader. I feel this is the most important trait that Snowe and I have in common.
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I could choose any weapon it would be a great unique sword, if I had a choice of appearance, only black armour would do, if I were to go for the good side or the dark, the dark devours me... I also have black to brown hair and basically have a cold heart... and i'm mostly calm and a bit unpatient...but i tend to say very little words...

I see myself through Yuber... otherwise someone twisted with little care for others... :evil:

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After reading what Zieg said i can actually see myself as Kinnison for all of the reasons that he stated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: