Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The F1 Grand Prix
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: The F1 Grand Prix Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So does anyone watch this? Yesterday race at Monte Carlo is so amazing and Kimi Raikkonen won the race.
I think Schumi's domination can be ended this season. So any opinion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I roughly watched it (11 PM race on Sunday night when I have 8.30 AM morning class on Monday is not fun) for the first 10 or so laps. I'm a big fan of Kimi Raikkonen, so I'm happy that he got the second straight win because he's a really good driver driving a good but not-so-reliable car.

Michael Schumacher's domination has ended indeed. I've always believed that he's not the best driver, and he needs the best car to win the championships. That's why he's not *that* great in my book. Once Ferrari become a mediocre car like they have done this year, there's not much that he can do as a driver to change the situation. Compared to what Kimi did 2 years ago with a so-so McLaren only losing by 2 points to the dominant Ferrari of Michael.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Schumi's reign of terror will finally end *laughs at his face*
It was about time that we could see another one winning races, you see, Schumi had won almost all of them in the past years, so this change was the best that could happen in F1. Then, I predict an intense duel between Raikkonen and Alonso. These will go head to head until the end of the championship, and I think the last race will decide everything (if they don't take the cars to make the other quit, like had happened in the past).

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes Kimi is in good condition. But oh no in Europe GRand Prix his car was broken. It almost finish then BHUMP!!! the tyre was flying.

I hope he can get better posistion in Indianapolis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it was bad bad luck that Kimi had las GP. The goddamn suspension broke in the beggining of the last lap, that's what I call "dying on the beach".
Anyways, I was surprised by some things:
1- David Coulthard - he finally did it! He made it to the 4th place, and never quit of it. Very surprising , with the car that he has if you ask me.
2- Tiago Monteiro - the Portuguese man proved once and for all that he is the man in Jordan. He broke Jackie Stewart's record for newbies completing GP's and, after don't respecting the blue flags, he made a drive through, lost position to Karthekayan, and still managed to pass him. For guys with the same car is very impressive, if you ask me.
3- Jenson Button/Kimi's accident - Jenson Button is the luckiest man in the world!!! Did you see the distance that Kimi's car passed behind him at the accident?! Just a little touch and his car would have the same fate (although the question is how did Kimi's car not touch Button's).

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict, McLaren knew what they were doing by leaving Kimi out on the bad tyre, it was an all or nothing gamble that backfired on them spectacularly. If they had brought him in they probably still could of got a reasonable number of points, maybe even still managed a podium position. His lap times had been bad for several laps prior to the end, it was not just a case of his suspension going on the last lap, it had been having problems for much longer than that.

Button and lucky, those two things don't go hand in hand, I mean great he stayed in the race but the car under him wasn't any good and he still got nowhere. I'm English, I'm a Button fan, he's the prime reason I bother to watch but he's just not in a competitive machine this year. Even if he had got into a williams for this year I doubt he'd be faring too much better but at least he wouldn't of missed three races through BAR messing up their weights!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Button and lucky, those two things don't go hand in hand

I just mean that he was really lucky that Kimi's car didn't hit his, it has nothing to do with the car he drives or his driving capabilities. You know, something similar happened here, in a F3 like competition, it happaned the same but this time, he hit the car in front of him. Result: the guy whom car was hit still is in hospital, with the column severelly injured (this happened about 3 years ago).
Oh, and Button is in my favourite team in F1, so I support him too. Not as much as Villeneuve (which is my favourite driver) or Tiago Monteiro (which is Portuguese like me), but I support him as well.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I understand you were speaking of a specific incident I just used the quote to express my feelings on him on a more general level. The F3 crash sounds bad, hope he winds up okay.

BAR are your favourite team huh? I don't mind them, my favourite actually used to be Arrows when they were sponsored by orange and had that funky looking Orange and Black car, I think Jos Verstappen was their best driver then. As it goes now I love the look of the Renault F1 car, it's just sexier than the other ones with it's beautifully curved sidepods. Team wise I don't have a massive preference though, I just want Button to do well, he's the English people's only F1 hope right now, at least if he leaves BAR next year maybe Anthony Davis will get his shot (currently test driving for BAR as well).

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

McLaren owns the best looking car this year. Look at the sexy wing near the driver's head. The only car with such thing in F1 this year. Silver is always a good color too for an F1 car. Arrows back then .. hmm .. I remember the year when Fernando Alonso was still driving for them and blocking Coulthard in GP Monaco for so many laps. Frustration at its best, DC. Hahaha.

Going back to the European GP last Sunday ... Graaah!!! I was cheering on Kimi until that last lap. I was hoping that the backmarkers would block away Alonso and just buy enough time for Kimi to finish ahead of the Renault man. But it was pure bad luck for the the Finn. T__T

But at least it showed that McLaren's car this year is competitive and definitely could compete upfront with Renault. Though sadly, the problem for McLaren every single year is their reliability that seems to be failing the drivers all throughout the season. They need to fix the reliability problem.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silver is a pretty good colour Black Pes but come on that Renault is sexy. I don't want to go on about it too much or you'll start to think I'm carmosexual but damn it's a fine looking car.

I honestly don't put Kimi's accident down to bad luck, it was bad strategy by the McLaren team, I don't think it was Kimi's fault honestly, he drives the car hard by the look of it but that can't be helped, it's his style...McLaren should have sorted it out sooner...for once I agree with James Allen and I hate James Allen and his commentary...bring back Murray Walker I say.

"And Schumacher's gone off again!"

"No, Murray that's a replay."

Legendary.

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm Ron Dennis already did a gamble and he lost it.

I hope Kimi will win at next GP.

Finally BAR return to the house after they got punishment. Too bad they don't race at Monaco and Spain.

Now the qualification return to one day Qualification again, make the race is better.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm glad they switched up the qualifying again, I did not find the system of averaging out two laps entertaining at all, I was in fact slightly bored by it, especially the first part since it really meant very little unless you didn't finish the lap or you were forced to change your engine over.

This led to the second qualifying lap not meaning as much as well because you already had a reasonable idea of how things were, you knew certain people had no chance of getting anywhere after their first lap and it got pointless watching those ones because the laps were insignificant.

Like I said, I'm glad things are back to single lap qualifying but I can't help but feel they'll give something else a go next year as well to try and bring more people into the tracks on qualifying days.

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, what I have to say... Kimi did it again!
He won this week Grand Prix (at Canada) and saw is direct rival to the World Championship, Fernando Alonso, not finishing it. It was a somewhat "strange" GP for Renault's team, they had Fisichella 1st and Alonso 2nd, but as soon as they get those, they quit the race. Then it was Montoya who was first, but due to a black flag, he soon wasn't no more. Enter Raikkonen. Mantains the place util the end and diminishes his distance to Alonso in the championship. It was also the first time this year that we saw 2 Ferraris in the podium. Schumacher in 2nd and Barrichello (who started in the boxes) in 3rd. What are your comments?

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My comments are I told you so. Button has no luck dammit!

Actually it was his fault but he got close this time and a pole position is nothing to scoff at especially considering Schumacher was running lighter and still didn't out-qualify him. Shame he couldn't keep it going, with Montoya disappearing he would have secured himself a respectable 2nd place and his first points of the year, along with BARs first points too...nevermind.

Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't watch it :cry:

It's midnight in Indonesia.
Thanks for the review. I hope Kimi will win again next race.
Maybe Renault's car have some problem or Flavio has a specific strategy like before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: