Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

International Duel Tournament - Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: Holy Crap, I won. YAY!!!

Thank you for all the congradulations everybody. I'm surprised that my strategy worked. Great fight, Ganon Dun, sorry about the pummeling.^^;
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, so the next report is up. I took the liberty to try to explain the Vizard Wizard's recent considerable stat drop, utilizing his new signature (Time for a new mask...). I hope you don't mind, Wiseman!
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very dramatic write up Iscalio. I enjoyed that one XD
Congrats Black Pesmerga and punchdoll on your wins.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats to everyone on their victories! Excellent write-ups, iscalio.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considerable...I suppose that is a good way of putting it. I really thought that no one would be able to stand up to Wiseman, and if his stats hadn't taken the nosedive I'd bet on him winning the duel, maybe with the same strategy that he used in the first one. But either way, Black Pesmerga won, and congratulations to him. I did quite enjoy the write up too, very exciting and fast paced. Did you send in that opening bit Black Pesmerga? I thought it did a lot for what followed.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The duel was done before his stats took that nosedive Kalidor, as iscalio said he played on the comment that I'm guessing is from Wiseman's profile about it being time to get a new mask. That's representative of the fact that his stats dropped after the battle - his mask was somehow the source of his power is the suggestion being made.

Black Pesmerga - great job on beating someone so previously strong in battle you really went through your class the hard way you deserve the victory more than the other winners so far I believe (you and Punchdoll that is).

Wiseman, sorry, everyone loves the underdog I guess, I had you picked to win, this means I've not done the sweep on guessing who wins them all anymore. 3/4 so far isn't bad though!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wooo hoooo, I won I won I won!!!! *jumps up and down like a little boy*

Thanks for the congratulations, and Kalidor, yes I sent in the early bit because my tactic was all Quick Attack. It was a gamble I took because of Wiseman's crazy MAG stat at that time, just to ensure that he won't be able to hit me with it.

Though I know that his sudden drop of stats helped me to win, I don't think he can beat me if he used the same tactic as in the first round against kuwaizair. I would assume that I have enough HP to survive longer, my STR was higher than kuwaizair that would allow me to deal a bit more damage, and my DEF was higher too (because his STR was so low, I'd assume I'd receive so little damage from his Desperate Attack). But I don't know, maybe it wasn't significant enough to change the outcome.

Anyways, I do feel a bit uneasy that I win after his stat drop, but whatever the reason behind it, I'll take the victory. Thanks. =)

EDIT: Wha? The duel was calculated with the old stats? Wooo hoooo, that just makes it better.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats Pes, a well deserved win. Sorry to Wiseman, I had you pegged to win it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i would also like to send my congratulations to Black Pesmerga and punch doll. Nice victories and it has been fun reading about all of the battles. I would also like to say thanks to iscalio for putting this whole thing on, it has been a lot of fun. congrats to all the winners.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, not bad there, Black Pesmerga! Although I couldn't bring one home past Harukaze, it's good to see a former nation-friend get to take one home!

Anyway, congratulations on the win and the extra victory count. You've earned it. :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations Black Pesmerga you deserve it, try to be a little more confident in the future though and sorry Wiseman but as PF said everyone is with the ex-underdog and let a certain someone know that is not all luck and stats after all, I never thought it was.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, congratulations to all the finalists. Your battles were truly spectacular. Much praise also goes out to Iscallio for writing the matchups and seting this whole thing up.

Terrible shame what happened to Wiseman but, c'est la vie...

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I kinda didn't expect to win the tournament because personally speaking, I think class III was the one with the most great duelists in it. Though by a string of luck, I got to win the whole thing.

The first luck happened when Jeremy was forced to duel Wiseman in the preliminary, resulting to the elimination of the third admin. Then I got lucky when I defeated Ced the Lad (purely by luck on the defend-desperate attack situation that changed the outcome) as he had superior stats compared to me. By then, I wasn't as strong as I was now, and I was afraid that Fliktor would easily beat me on the second round. But another luck occured and he pulled out of the competition, leaving Drummsta to face me instead. No offense intended to the lovely Drummsta, but her stats was lower than mine, and for once, I was not the underdog, and I had quite a routine fight that resulted with my victory against her.

On the other side of the group, Lord Dredd got eliminated by Njord. That was quite a good thing to me because I feel that Lord Dredd would give more trouble to Wiseman than Njord. It's good because then Wiseman defeated Njord quite easily, and I got to fight Wiseman. I thought it'd be an interesting thing to fight Wiseman because he'd rely heavily on his magic, and I just ain't going to take any chances.

So yeah, I was quite surprised to win considering that he has huge HP. I'm glad that I won though. =D So thanks again to you guys, and definitely thank you to the lady luck up there. =D

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're welcome, but you do know that it's bad luck to say the Lady's name aloud, right? :3

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the tournament is finally over, so now I can get to work for the mercenary banner.

Congratulations Midori I was rooting for Shopita my self but I had a feeling that you would win.

That was a good write up iscalio, I always like the ones featuring Midori, that was two nation leaders in a row now wasn't it.

Looking forward to the next tournament whenever is decided to take place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: