Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

International Duel Tournament - Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, I am bad at strategy, but I'll give you a run for your money next time Scarlet Assassin. 8-)
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You should stomp me next time. I went MIA for three weeks, and my stats are suffering. I'm so neglectful, they probably shouldn't let me have kids.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, two attacks from Harukaze, that does make things a lot more sensible when you think about it. I did wonder how a single regular attack did away with Sai Fujiwara in honesty. Oh, well it still remains impressive and Harukaze's stupifying strength still remains annoying to anyone who feels like fighting him on the duel simulator.

Maybe you will duel me at some point Everyone's Grudge, at this current point in time you have a stats advantage over me but that doesn't mean it will remain like that - until you got your victory counts I was the higher level and most of my stats were better than yours. It would likely be a close fight.

Everyone's Grudge wrote:
Heh, I am bad at strategy, but I'll give you a run for your money next time Scarlet Assassin.

Don't talk yourself down, your tactics themselves were probably fine, Scarlet's were just better is all!

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
they probably shouldn't let me have kids.

Sounds about right - I agree with that statement.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I left for camp at level 17. I came back and I had two victory counts and level 23. That was a surprise.

Thanks for the encouragement, but I really don't strategize well. I can't read my opponent very well. Scarlet Assassin knew I would use quick attacks because I am good at them. He's really good!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't really take much strategizing. In fact, you could just pick any movement randomly and still win if you have better stats. Sometimes it's easier to actually think simple rather than too complicated.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes Black Pesmerga, but I think that here what commands you give have a very large impact on how well you do. Take my duel for example, if you can remember the guys that went out way back in the first round :P I was against PF who was about six or seven levels higher than me at the time, and had a distinct stats advantage against me. However, I was able to take him past ten rounds and (well, I like to think so anyway) I had a chance of defeating him. I think that the way the system works stats aren't everything. That isn't to say they aren't important, just not the be all and end all, and that strategy can win the day.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, when there's a huge, huge gap in stat difference (like oh, mine and Milan's, for example) it may be possible for me to win, however, one wrong move and i'm...well, we all know what happened...lots of pain...and shame.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, well let me also congratulate Harukaze on his victory. lol It wasn't much of a suprise to me, but I figure I should congratulate you on a duel well fought.

Just too bad that I couldn't bring one home to my beautiful wife... *sigh* Now, it looks like SHE'LL be the one wearing the trousers... :cry:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like she will be the one wearing the trousers, Sai? I was under the impression that she did already, I don't know that losing a little old duel tournament will change anything about that situation :P
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey hey, now... I don't think a member who is just level 13 should be making that kinda' comment about me being weak, you know... :P

Just because Harukaze might have gotten the better of me THIS time, doesn't mean that I'm not able to hold my own. I was actually the FIRST member to win a duel in an actual battle phase on suikox. (Sars Ad-Minh being the second, and pretty much only because of the order he posted in... :P)

*clears throat* Anyway, I wouldn't challenge me to a duel, if I were you. However, if you really want to, I'll be ready anytime. Just name the place, and time. :wink:

Heh, and as for challenging my wife, well... Maybe only if you want a date with death... :lol:

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations to punchdoll for winning the tournament. Good job.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, well done punch! I guess taking all that time to think of your commands paid off since you made the upset against Ganon Dun. It's just a shame either of you had to lose since you're both fellow Tinto natives.

With that battle done it cements Tinto as winners of the most classes in the duel tournament with 2 victories, we are a simply awesome nation of duellers. Fear us, heh.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Hey hey, now... I don't think a member who is just level 13 should be making that kinda' comment about me being weak, you know... :P

C'mon Sai. We all know that Chris could totally wipe the floor with any of us. I really despise that woman. Poor Lu.

Great job Punchy!
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traitor! How dare you speak down upon the name of the Silver Maiden! AND you're a Zexener, no less!:P

If you weren't such a nice Tonberry, I'd have to get medevil on ya, but I'll let it slide this once... :P

Heh, you're lucky she doesn't browse on the forums, or you'd be in it for sure. Besides, you've played Suikoden III (obviously), so you know that Chris felt worse about Lulu's death than anyone else!

And, if you're feeling sorry for Lulu, you must really hate Ninjar's avatar... :lol:

Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations punchdoll, for giving me a sound beating in the finals of our class. Maybe next time I'll think up some kind of strategic plan that doesn't involve using Powerful Magic ten times every round. ;)

Tinto wins nevertheless.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: