Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Languages
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Suikoden Languages Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something occured to me. The language of the Sindars can be translated and I seem to remember when Suikoden IV was announced and the map was released, that the text around the map was also translated which gave us early island names.

Why not have these translations on the main site?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, SARSadmin has the means to translate Sindarin text, but I don't know if he wishes to make it public for the time being.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, actually, the Sindarin language was revealed in the Genso Shinso I think. Either that, or one of the Suikoden guides.

Each letter of the Sindarin alphabet is a letter of the English alphabet.

You can see Sindarin as early as Suikoden 2. When Kahn casts a seal to trap Neclord, there are various Sindarin letters within it (they mean nothing, they are simply added for appearance value). And on the Suikoden 2 map in the game manual, there are Sindarin latters on the top that say "gensos uikoden" and even smaller ones on the map that label places like "Grasslands" and "Harmonia" IN Suikoden 3 the Sindarin language is everywhere. It appears during many elemental rune animations. The letters are shown throughout the underground highway leading to the Great Hollow as well. The letters in the underground highway are listed in alphabetical order, thier symbold translating directly to "a,b,c,d..." and etc. The letters also litter the floor (visible during battles in front of the door to the Sindarin ruins) but they are random letters of no meaning. The letters also appear on the upper parts of certain walls in the Ceremonial Site.

Unfortunately, there is nothing of the Sindar in Suikoden 4.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I don't have access to Suikoden III right now, I don't suppose you remember each letter to letter translation for English to Sindarin alphabet do you?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have it saved on my computer at home. If BT doesn't beat me to it, I'll upload it in a few hours.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I already had it in Photobucket:

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strange... This sindarin letter symbols have a mixture of Japanese heritage and a very strange similarity to Brittanian Runes. Actually, L, T, and O ar Brittanian runes but in a different position.

I'll check this out when i play Suikoden 3 again. Maybe i can decipher some stuff...

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why thank you Mr RandomGuy.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't bother. I went *everywhere* in Suikoden 3 looking to translate stuff, and it's all gibberish. They either randomly assembled the letters to look cool, or thier all in alphabetical order.

The only things I was never able to translate were the spell animations because they fly by so quikcly. If someone can somehow "scan" the pictures from the game and onto the computer and upload them here that would be great! You could start out with the Earth Rune stuff, I remember it having plenty of Sindarin latters. I also remember a Water Rune animation (higher level one) with the symbols as well. I'm not sure if Fire, Lightning, and Wind have any Sindarin letters in thier animations.

Oh, and a minor Sindarin point while we're on the subject!

While scouring the Ceremonial Site for letters I also discovered a two-headed snake symbol on some of the columns. The Sindarin ruins of Suikoden 2 had two-headed snake statues and symbols throughout, even a two-headed snake boss. But the symbol in the Ceremonial Site matches the symbol on Hortez's hat. This means that Hortez, and most likely Raura, have a direct link to the Sindar. And since Jeane is friends with Raura...well, anything else from there on out is a theory.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way to start a theory there Blue Thuner.

Thanks for all the information. Are there any Sinadarian runic inscpritions around the Sindar Ruines by White Deer Inn in Suikoden II?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I saw a site with sindar font available. Anyone know where that was?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Suikocastle actually had it. Not that it helps now, but.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have searched but i cant find the font anywhere!
Does anyone here at the forums have it??
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, Randomguy should've never given me those translations. my notebooks are now COVERED in Sindarin writing. Now I'll probably get accused of planning to blow up my school.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could ask on LJ, somone there got it from somone else. they don't use this fourms much anymore. I think.

hey that would rock, I can make a new banner like the one I have now.
only in Sindarinan..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: