Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XI
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Final Fantasy XI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've recently just returned to playing FFXI and I was just wondering if there was anyone else here that may be playing as well. And if so, what server?

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to play it in a few days (just waiting for the activation of my VISA), and I would be playing in Pandemonium with my friends. I have another friend on another server, but I'm not sure what it is. ^^;;; So most likely, I'd be playing in either of the two with the Pandemonium one being the more active (I think).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

cutie_bunnie

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh okay kewl, I'm playing on the Unicorn and Fairy servers right now. My friend got a me a world pass so I could get on Fairy, but my main character is on Unicorn. Do you know what job you might wanna do?

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd start as an Elvaan Warrior. Hopefully, in the end, I could either be a Ninja or Dragoon just because they look cool hehehe. How about your character?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

cutie_bunnie

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Female Hume, I started out both characters as thieves, but I want to be different and have one become a Bard/Thief (even though the best is supposed to be Bard/White Mage) and the other become a Summoner I think, I just don't know what I want to have as my sub class for it.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just started the game yesterday. Level 5 Warrior now with 3 times being KO'ed hahahaha. So sad =(

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

cutie_bunnie

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's okay, i think i've been KO'd 63 since i started playing, terrible... lol

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havnt played it but my cousin has.

And i dont mean just a little he dosnt stop, hes what you could call a "God" there. Hes level 70, and didnt even come to my bar mitsvah so he could play it.

Auctually come to think of it i think i havnt seen him since christmas.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ouch, that's harsh. He should get his priorities in order.

Hey, is this game really worth the fee?
cutie_bunnie

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, it is... but that's just me. I've only played one other MMORPG, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I love it. It tends to be a little addictive so I understand why he tends to play for a very long time. And I'm sure that since he's a high level he's active in at least one Linkshell, so that's a whole community in itself with their own scheduled events and he may be helping out other player's who need certain items or to complete certain missions. They do warn you not to forget about you job, your family or your friends whenever you play though, so it's not that he wasn't warned. So that was wrong of him to miss your bar mitsvah for it though. :x

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree with cutie bunnie there, FF XI is worth it IMO, as long as you don't get to the awful servers (which I don't know which one, but I bet there are). It would also be much better if you have some friends to play with so that you're not forced to learn everything on your own.

And while I think all MMORPG is supposed to be addicting, I don't see why people with high level (say 60+) would want to play *that* much anymore considering that the maximum level is level 75. They should be strong enough for most part of the game and could relax a bit. Unlike a newbie like me who has to get stronger so that I could survive.

Just an update on my character, the elvaan is now level 13, and I have only been in a party once. ^^;;

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

perfectcircle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i havent started playing it yet, but i will be getting in the next month or so, ill let you know what server im on
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been interested in the game but hesitant to get it due to monthly fees. How much are they? ^^;

Also, how friendly is the game world to casual players? I really probably wouldn't want to play more than a couple times a week, if that.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last I heard, the fee was $13.00 a month and an additional $1.00 fee for making an extra, additional character. Not 100% sure. (too expensive for me to afford it)
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Everyone's Grudge was right. Well it's technically US $12.95/month I think. And it's $1.00/extra character/month and also $1.00 extra/month for Tetra Master (the card game from FF IX) if you choose to do so. Of course the first month is free of charge, so you can always try it first and stop if you don't like it.

As for how nice people are, I guess it kind of depends on which server you got into. I'm in Pandemonium (let me know if you want a worldpass, I might be able to get it for you) and so far 90% of the people are nice. Many veterans would cure me when I played solo at the beginning, and most veterans in the party (with their second character or job) would be willing to help you out with the basic stuff.

Even those who are borderline jerks IMO weren't really that bad. Those that I've met are people who are either childish or just stupid. Unfortunately, I experienced this just today. I was in a party with a stupid puller (the person who attracts the monster) that really has no idea what he pulled. A monster hit around 20-30 dmg/hit, I could deal with (because I'm the warrior acting as the tank), but then the next monster he pulled could deal 40-50 dmg/hit, definitely out of my league. I got KO'ed twice for protecting the other party members, and he kicked me out of the party. T__T

Then the childish bit was with the same guy, plus another two guys. There was a female hume character (that I guess was someone they know in real life or at least online friends from somewhere), and they were flirting and stuff. I don't care if they want to flirt and stuff, but don't do it while in a party that is trying to kill monsters to gain EXP. Just stood there for 5-10 minutes doing nothing and watching them flirting.

But yeah, like I said before, overally it has been great. It's just better if you have someone that you know that has been playing the game so they could help you out when you need to ask questions. I'll definitely help you out if you need any help, Sophita.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 1 of 68

Jump to: