Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dreams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Dreams Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that this is something that would be interesting to hear from all of you. When I say dreams I mean the kind you have when you are asleep not your aspirations in life. I guess I should start this off with some questions.

1. How often do you have dreams?

2. What kinds of dreams do you have(as in first-person or third-person, realistic or surreal, and any other perspective things you can think of)?

3. Do you have any recurring themes in your dreams or any recurring dreams?

4. Do you believe that your dreams are only your subconscious or is there something else to them?

5. What is an interesting dream that you have had?

Now for my responses.
1. I recently have had dreams very rarely. The last dream I had was a couple of months ago. A year or two ago I had a dream every couple of weeks though.

2. All of my dreams are in first-person and very realistic(which is odd because my thoughts are cartoonish). Even in my dreams with surreal themes.

3. The only recurring thing that I have had in my dreams is, back when I was having a dream every couple of days, there was this one girl who was in every single one of them.

4. I think that the vast majority of dreams are simply subconscious, but I do think every so often there is a dream that is influenced by something else(not sure what). For example, every so often I have dreams where I see something that I later experience. However these are never important, but they do occasionally occur.

5. I wrote about this dream in the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia once, so this is just a copy and paste(with an edit or two).
Quote:
I once had a dream in which I died in. The odd thing is that it is one of my favorite dreams which I remember. The dream goes like this, it starts with me in a dungeon cell like you would find in a medieval castle. I know that a good friend of mine is in the cell next to mine. I also know that my punishment is just imprisonment while she has the death sentence. A guard walks by and I convince him to switch our sentences. He does so, and a little bit of time passes. I am then moved to the guillotine, which is in the castle, by a few guards. My head is put down on the block I close my eyes and all I see is black. I then hear a voice talking to me which I instantly recognize as an angel's. As he is talking I see white words in the blackness which I couldn't read, but I assumed where his words. He said to me that I had been given one more week to live. I asked him why and then he replied that he didn't know. Next thing I know I am standing by the guillotine. There are no guards or anyone else around. I then go and free my friend. I really can't make any sense of what happens next in the dream(I think the dream skipped over some events), other than we are then hitchhiking someplace. Needless to say I was freaked out for the next week. I of course didn't die(I had this dream over two years ago). Although I did have a dream a week later that seemed to be a continuation, but that one isn't that interesting. I really wish that series of dreams would continue because it was about to get really interesting.

So what kinds of dreams have you guys had?

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sometimes 10 times a week, other times once a month if I'm lucky.

2. What kinds of dreams do you have(as in first-person or third-person, realistic or surreal, and any other perspective things you can think of)?
My dreams are usually in third person and sometimes I'm not even in them, but that's on rare occasions and they're quite realistic.

There is this one place that does not exist which I have seen in my dream several times and I know the place in my head perfectly as if it were real.

4. Do you believe that your dreams are only your subconscious or is there something else to them?
Well sometimes they can be true. I once had a dream that a few policemen arrested by brother and were planning to deport him from the country. A few days later, he was arrested by the police, and is still in prison and when he is released, he's going to be deported from the country so I'm not sure what to believe.

Well the one I mentioned above seems a little interesting to me as it turned out to be true but one I recently had was when my mom was ironing my clothes and my grandmother was badmouthing me, saying I'm a grown man and I should learn to iron my clothes myself. Later when they were leaving the room, I got angry, grabbed the iron and tried burning my grandmother's... erm... butt. She didn't feel a thing though... :?

Anyways, I always find dreams fascinating. Nice topic, Rana. I'm curious to see other people's responses.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have dreams about once every two weeks.

I have first person dreams and most are unrealistic, but I believe they are real anyway.

Oh, yes. My most common dream (75% of them) involves me falling off a cliff, airplane, balcany, etc. I hate falling dreams.

I have also had a really weird dream twice in my life. The was a mummy using my downstairs bathroom. He was pooping and had a newspaper he waas reading, but when I opened the door, he attacked me. Then my dog (that died recently) and soem other dog defended me. Weird!

I know that dreams are usualy about fears and desires, so thats about it. I'm not acrophobic, so I don't know why I get so many falling dreams.

Read about the mummy in #3.
Kenshiro Miyamoto

The Cherry Blossom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm since i always doze of in a peaceful weather i often dream a lot :)

2. What kinds of dreams do you have?

Well most likely my dreams tells me how im so fascinated by samurai's how they have honor and how magnificent they are :)

Hmm i would say having a certain shadow give me a sword and when i open the door this person grabs my hands and hugs me always telling me "Take Care.."

I dont think dreams are only subconscious for they sometime tell what you are or your future this i what i believe for me dreams have something else to them

Same as the myterious shadow that gives me a sword then hugs me before i go out

You know Ranadiel can pass out to be a therapist just kidding ranadiel :lol:
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-we always have dreams. we just don't remember all of them...

-i have first person dreams and some of them are realistic while the others are just too unbelievable...

-yes i think i had it thrice now. i was being chased by what seems to be a skeleton in a deserted old building. then i just keep on running and running until i fall in something like a pit...must be because of all the ghost stories i've read...

- i think they're only my subconscious but who knows? they could be warnings or something...

-i was elected president....

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's said in this book I once read that we dream every night but we don't always remember them. If that's the case though, then I have a very lousy subconscious memory. I hardly ever remember my dreams and even if I do, they tend to be hazy and I barely remember the details with the exception of a few dreams which seem quite memorable.

It varies. But I think my most common type of dream that I have would be third person kind of dreams. The dreams that usually remember would be surreal and rather disturbing. I have not yet recalled a 'good dream' and how I wish that I would someday. Honestly, I'm getting tired of only remembering nightmarish stuff.

Yes. A recurring theme would be the paranormal and the strange. I'd have all sorts of creatures (usually enough, vampires) chasing after me. Many of the dreams that I remember usually involve me being chased by creatures of the night. It would somewhat have a 'Matrix' feel to it. There would be chase sequences through treetops and leaps across river and the like. I haven't recalled any recurring dreams directly, but I find it odd that I tend to remember the chase dreams.

Well, I'm not really sure. It's possible that sometimes they're only products of the subconscious mind, but who knows? There are many mysteries in this world that are still beyond human comprehension. I've heard stories about some dreams coming to reality and there is that ever infamous, 'deja vu'. I must admit that I've had my cases of this, but I can't be completely sure.

Most probably the one I had when I was being chased by a werewolf. It chased me off campus until we reached the mall. It acted strangely and sometimes would start doing backflips for no reason at all. I know, it seems funny now. But wouldn't be so funny if you knew you were being chased by something that could probably tear you apart. As for the reason it chased me, it seemed that it wanted me to open something but I woke up before I did open that odd box.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Providence Luc wrote:
It's said in this book I once read that we dream every night but we don't always remember them. If that's the case though, then I have a very lousy subconscious memory. I hardly ever remember my dreams and even if I do, they tend to be hazy and I barely remember the details with the exception of a few dreams which seem quite memorable.

Yes, we do dream every night, but usually we forget because we are so active in the morning that it gets pushed out of our minds. It's hard to remember dreams unless you lay in bad and think about them right when you wake up and makea amental note to remember the dream. Kinda weird huh?
Idylan Thomas

Moonlight Drive

105871 Potch
1194 Soldiers
1670 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

--> Everynight..

-->Third person, mostly. That's odd, i'm seeing myself in my dream.

--> Yes. I was running in this tangle of large roots and i am chased by superman.

-->Subconcious naturally, why is Superman chasing me?? He isn't real?!

-->I won in the Amazing Raze and got One Million Dollars...and being chased by Superman. 8) 8)
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would average it as once a night. Sometimes I don't remember my dreams and sometime i remember 2 or 3 so it evens out.

When my sister and I were ages 5 and 6 my mother started teaching us lucid dreaming which is the ability to identify your dreams as such and take some control over whats going on so my dreams end up as some kind of roleplaying game with my conscious as the player and my subconscious as the Gamemaster

Zombies. Lots and lots of zombie dreams. Resdent Evil, Dawn of the Dead stupid zombie dreams. I HATE ZOMBIES!. I have a crazy fear of zombies that makes all logic fly right out the window. I swim with sharks, handle spiders and snakes, jump out of planes and get shot at on a regular basis but I watch Dawn of the dead and I have to sleep in a locked basement with a gun.

I believe there are many things to learn from your dreams. For example my fear of zombies is really just and out of hand fear of conforming.

I got six words for you "Mad Max meets Army of Darkness".
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very rarely.

Umm... i can't really remember them....

Sometimes, but i forgot...

Somethin else to them.I often forget about my dreams AND i often get Deja Vus.I have ESP maybe?

Let's see...... O!Being in the Digital World!(Occured when Digimon was a craze)Man!really col!I got to see MetalGreymon....Tentomon... and others.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An average of about 3 days per week.

I have all types of dreams, but usually I am in the first-person perspective.

I have had this one dream multiple times where I am sneaking into an old, creaky, haunted house. For some reason I always go up the stairs to the second floor, and I have to sneak by a room that I can hear snoring sounds coming from, as if there is something there that I do not wish to wake.

I think some aspects of dreams can represent things from our daily lives.

I was fighting in a medieval warzone with a steel sword in my right hand and a bronze shield in my left hand. The ferocity of the dream was intense.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not often at all, about ten times per year I'd say at a rough guess, but of course for me it varies alot. Sometimes I'll have them in bunches, other times I won't remember a dream for months

Generally first person, but sometimes third, I am a lucid dreamer in which it means I can control my dreams, it's been absolutely years since I had a dream I could not control, just lucky in this respect I guess.

As I mentioned I'm a lucid dreamer so I don't particularly a long time ago I used to have a recurring dream about being chased by witches for some reason. I come from a village which was once known as the most haunted place in Europe centuries ago I'm talking here so none of you would have heard of it now. Anyway the place is famed for it's witches, it's said if all nine witches die the church will fall down basically, perhaps that played a part in my recurring dream.

I have studied dreams as a part of a psychology course. There are lots of theories into dreams and here are some ones of note that I can remember off the top of my head.

Problem Solving: This theory states that a dream is the subconscious trying to solve problems in the dreamers life, for example I can cite Kekule's Benzene rings (for you chemists out there, you should of heard of those). Kekule said the structure of the benzene rings came to him in a dream in which he saw snakes curled around in a circle eating their own tails, he took this as a metaphor for the Benzene rings and discovered how their structure was from this. There have been other studies but my memory sucks and I can't remember the details.

Freudian: Gotta love him, his theories were crazier than half his patients probably were. With Freud basically all his analysis of dreams came down to repressed sex drives, fear of castration and other things relating to sex. He really was a bit out there in this regard I think.

Synapses: Here's a more scientifically inclined explanation and probably the last one I'll mention since I'm lazy. Basically this theory was that the dreams you have in REM sleep are caused by random firing of the brain's synapses bringing up memories. The mind then looking to make sense of these subjects creates a kind of story for the person to explain it. This theory then goes on to say things like the reasons dreams relate to life sometimes is because the synapses used recently are more likely to become part of this random firing or sparking or whatever you wish to call it and so forth.

My personal belief is probably that it's just random memories and such being brought up.

I guess the one about the witches chasing me was pretty psycho and a little scary actually, I was pretty young then though. Apart from that one I had a house chase me once, that was pretty funny.

Anyway I hope I've given you all some ideas to ponder about dreams.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard that it takes a good chunk of sleep before you start dreaming so if you're only asleep for a couple hours you don't dream. Haven't confirmed this though. That being said, I don't remember more than a handful of dreams in my lifetime, mostly from the first dozen years or so.

All my dreams are first person. Fifty-fifty on the realistic part.

No recurring themes that I can remember other than me being in them. :)

I tend to believe PF's 3rd explanation about synapses. However, I have had a couple dreams which involved problem solving.

Since I only remember a few clearly, I'll share those:

In one dream, I spent the entire dream conjugating Japanese verbs and adjectives. We had just gone over that in class and I was struggling hardcore that day. But after that dream, they weren't nearly as hard to do.

I spent one dream programming my dream in visual basic code. Okay, well actually, I spent the dream thinking of how to do it and only typing a couple lines. Quite odd.

Finally, I've had a couple dreams in which I've seen myself in a setting with people (some of whom I'd never seen or met) and these were sorta freeze frames, but quite detailed. Eventually, I found myself in that setting with those people; usually slightly different but very close. Either way, got a rather large slap of deja vu.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frequently... But sometimes i get ones that go in sequels...

I have first person dreams. As if it was in real life. Everything is a mixture of reality and fantasy...

I do. Most of the time they happen the next day again but with a sequel. Kinda like a lucid dream...

Something else... All my dreams almost always come true (symbolically). THere's always something that's similar to my world in real life or in fantasy... It's s o uncanny.

I was in a house, with strangers, on a mountainous region with forests. We get attacked by a salamander like gigas and i fell off a cliff....

That's just one of my recent dreams though... Kinda scary...

Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have learned that you will always have dreams every night but dont always remember them. I have dreams that i can remember about twice every week.

2. What kinds of dreams do you hatve(as in first-person or third-person, realistic or surreal, and any oher perspective things you can think of)?

Well im not to good with these terms, but i always seem to be watching myself im never in control, except for that one dream i had when i was 5 years old i said: "we better do this before i wake up" i was in control of that dream.

Not always but during this school year i have had dreams about myself failing in english class and having my mean english teacher yell at me for not doing my homework, in fact i had one of those dreams last night.

There is absolutely something else to them, i am the same with Axis, i seem to have a lot of deja vus, pretty much once a day for me. I was once looking at my computer screen posting a message at Suikosource, let me tell you it was my first post there, and it seemed like it happened before, like the world keeps repeating itself it some kind of loop.

I will tell you one odd dream i had once:

Well i had this dream back in december so it might be a little off but i seem to remember this one very well. I was talking to my mom arguing why i shouldnt got to hebrew school, of course i lost and was forced to go. When i got there i was eent into the sanctuary to work on a project. While i was working on the project the teacher said we were supposed to stay there all day, i of course objected to this, but lost. A few minuted past and people came in to the room to pray. I was staring at a minorah and went to take it, i knocked it over and tried to fix it before anyone noticed it broke. Everyone stared at my while i was trying to fix it, then i ended up in my room playing Suikoden 2. I was at South Window with Flik when Shu ran in and told me the castle was under attack. We went to the castle and saw it slowly sink into a lava lake that replaced lake Dunan. The Higland army was killing all of our soldiers but the Highland Army made up of my reqruits that would later join me, like Hix, Shiro, and Hoi. I went into the castle and then woke up.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: