Suikoden United and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

rightgeous slander
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
One of the principles of science is to consider probabilities, formulate theories and prove them, if possible. Evolution is still a Theory.

Evolution is a theory in the scientific sense of the term. This means that it is a broad concept that is supported by several smaller laws and facts. It is impossible to prove the entire concept, but the more specific laws that support the theory can be tested and proved. The theory of evolution has strong evidence to support it, and it has become central to the study of biology in general.

Religious teachings can also be considered scientific theories, but they have very few laws that can be proven to support the theory.

On a side note- the definition of a Nazi, the one kuwaizar is referring to, is in the dictionary and was added rather recently.

I was going to say something more, but everytime I think I can understand kuwaizar I am suddenly befuddled again.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dont worry Shrew, I am with you
I am not entirely sure I get what Kuwaizar saying...

Before you call me a whatever Nazi, let me tell you English is not my first language. I would never look down on someone because their grammar or spelling is a bit off, as long as I can understand, it is fine.
I dont think the problem with your post is the grammar and spellings itself, its the way you present your ideas, its utterly confusing.

I do agree I hate people that label others "racist" or "homophobic" randomly. and I have not seen so much about people jumping to conclusion labeling people "homophobic", but I have seen it done with the "racist" word quite a lot of times.

"Homophobic" is definitely a negative term. I know techniquely it means "fear of homosexuals", but you know, a lot of times meaning of words can change and words dont exactly mean what it "techniquely" means. When you call someone an "homophobic", you mean people that thinks homosexual are disgusting and evil and wrong, they are not normal and they should change back to normal.

Like I said before though, I have not seen the term "homophobics" being abused like "racist".

I really wished I can understand Kuwaizar was saying, it seems that she feels that its wrong to call someone homophobics and then something about Nazi and then homosexual is icky... or something... :cry: ya I am completely lost.

But... the world is proven to be 4000 years old?!?!?!?! Are you serious or are you trying to be sarcastic...?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think she was trying to be sarcastic.

Quote:
On a side note- the definition of a Nazi, the one kuwaizar is referring to, is in the dictionary and was added rather recently.

You mean nazi as someone who wants something to be perfect is now an official American term? Ã? think this is mighty weird.
By the way, "someone who wants a perfect race" is by no means an ample definition of Nazi.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuu, what did you mean when you said you were a 'quasar'? Inquiring minds want to know.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuwaizar is a phonetic spelling of quasar, I think.

The "new" definition of a Nazi is one who is fanatically dedicated to or seeks to control all aspects of an activity or group, etc.

I think the 4000 year comment is just a reference to the belief that the world was created 6000 odd years ago, placing its creation at about 4000 B.C. This comes from following the lineages in the bible back to Adam and adding up the ages of each individual to arrive at how old the Earth is. I won't say anything about the validity of this belief.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*thubs up to Shrew and Tilly*

yeah, i was being psudo sarcastic, there are some people that strongly belive in that 4000 yr garbage...I mean, strongly enough to beat you with one of those plug-in christmas lawn ortiments of Jesus stronly.

as about the "icky thing" a dragoic chick i talked to told me she was a Bisexual...Bisexaul and with a herem, she reacted to my comment in a wrong way by saying "I'll like being a lesbian" (so all in all everyone from there view wants to push their values on others)

also In some cultures being homosexual is a "sin", while in others a man only takes a woman for baby production (sure to cheese off any woman's rights gals).

*thinks* on the comment I made about "this facit of Feminizm", like all the words we've used here, Feminizm has evolved also, now they fight for rights and respect for all, from the single mom with 12 kids to the Dendraphile(sp?)

I'm so suprized I haven't be torn apart yet, also I'm more flabergasted that this post has reached 17 (not counting my own) posts.
and that some understood me!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if you have posted on some other forum, you probably would have been skinned alive by now. I mean, (maybe because of my poor understanding and skill in English) but it seems like your posts are a little insultive to homosexuals, feminists, Christians, etc. That covers quite a large population, my friend. Some of your comments are asking to be flamed. Maybe you are trying to be sarcastic, but it sure is hard to tell. Esp when it comes to sensitive issue like homosexuality, you have to make VERY sure that everyone knows you are making a joke not an insult.

A heterosexual person would not like doing it with someone of the same sex, just like a homosexual person would not enjoy doing it with someone of a different sex.
Most of the homosexuals I have met are very respectful for other people's sexual choices though, seems like you just happens to meet a pushy one.
Culture and religion often go hand in hand, so ya, in some culture/religion, homosexuality is a sin. and some doesnt give a damn.

For your last post, I honestly cant tell if you are blasting feminism or not...

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only reason you haven't been torn apart is because your arguments aren't even presented using basic logic or argumentation skills (let alone using English) so it is very hard to work out what the heck you are saying. If we could actually understand you I'm sure we'd be dismantling your arguments with much more ease.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

also In some cultures being homosexual is a "sin", while in others a man only takes a woman for baby production (sure to cheese off any woman's rights gals).

I am glad to see I am not the only one befuddled by Kuwaizair's double talk. Now "American English" is the first and only language I speak, but I have no problem understanding any other members here who use different dialects of English. That is until now. So my advice to Kuwaizair is make sure your argument makes sense in English. For all we know you can be saying one thing and it is being interpreted by people here as meaning something entirely different. Which I personally think is happening.
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
I felt that post about Luca was a bit on the border of being offensive, at least the bit about calling gay people "fruits". IIRC, the person who made it apologized afterwards, though.

That person would be me, and actually, the term I used was "fruitcup". And truthfully, after that incident, I felt so ashamed of myself for saying what I did that I kinda went and hid for a while. Hence my long absence from these forums. I feel one should always try and repent for past wrongdoings, and that was one way I did. Though I'm sure that there might be some I offended way too deeply to even get their forgiveness from, the one person I needed to forgive was myself, and I feel I've done that, and am ready to face those I wronged.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that people are what they are and by demeaning them and being stereotypical it shows how truly small you are.

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd wrote:
I think that people are what they are and by demeaning them and being stereotypical it shows how truly small you are.

Amen
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Furthermore if a person wants to be a feminist, or a vegetarian, or have relationships with someone of the same sex than that is there choice to make on their own. I may not agree with people that don't eat meat but we can still have a civil discussion over a burger and a salad respectively. Just because someone has views you don't agree with so what. I may have a friend who is with someone of the same sex and as long as they don't try to convert me to do the same thing than me and that person have no issues between us. And by brow-beating a person it just proves that you have issues of your own to work out. You appear to others as a hypocrite and worse, as a different type of stereotype- a bully. Those kind of people can be worse because they use fear and intimidation to get others to see and act as they do.

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita, that comment on the first page was pure gold. I love it ^_^ Would quote it all for this post, but that's way too large.

To be honest, I've been around Kuu for a while now, and I have only understood her once or twice. I can never be sure what she's trying to get at +_+

But, I'm a self-proclaimed recovering homophobe. I identify as bisexual now, but for several of my teen years, I denied any feelings I had toward other males. Fiercely denied. Yeah...

So, I guess I know for sure that it sure as hell isn't a "lifestyle choice." If I had a choice, I would have eliminated those feelings from my life forever. Not that I would now that I've accepted them, but back then I hated them and wanted them gone.

*cough*

I don't view homophobe as a derogatory word. It is used when someone else has been derogatory, and is simply a rebuttal of their offensive dialogue.

Also, as was previously stated, homophobe should mean a fear of monotony. Or, as I think, it could also be a fear of species belonging to the Homo genus. Which would be Homo Sapians. I think that's the only species still living that is in the Homo genus.
I wonder how much fun it would be to go up to an anti-gay person, and say "You're a homo!" Then watch them get pissed off. Only to finish it up by saying, "Homo Sapian, that is." And see if they can figure it out. What a fun idea ^_^
Now, see, that wouldn't be an insult. Because all humans are Homo Sapians. Calling someone that isn't an insult, it's a fact. w00t! XD

Anyway, I have bad phobias, and really terrible anxieties. Fear and anxiety of social situations and other humans. I find it very insulting to have someone with those kinds of problems, such as myself, associated with the violent acts of murderers and sadists. I have a huge fear of people, but I never want to go and kill anyone. I fear dogs, but won't harm one.
Phobias are fear. Anger and hate can be expressed out of fear, but the kind of hate that drives a person to kill or torture is much greater than fear. That takes a person with severe psychological problems, in my opinion. And the killing of homosexuals being compared to the killing of dogs is especially offensive.

Eh...I don't know why I bother.
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right on conform onlt to the image you hold for yourself. Anyone who has a different version of you in their minds should first do some introspection on themselves and leave others to live the lives they choose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: