Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Games You Regret Not Playing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Skies of Akadia (sp?), I think that's the name

Actually is Arcadia.

I only regret not played:

Sonic 3: I only had 1 chance to get it, and I missed it for buyin Gunstar Heroes. Although that situation will change with Sonic Mega Collection for PS2.

Suikoden 1: Never saw this game on sale but I wish that I did, I simply love 2D RPG's

Final Fantasy VII: How could I've been so numb back there! I didn't have a PS, so that's explained. I began to like 3D RPG's with FFVIII, and FFVII disappeared from stores.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are plenty of RPGs I regret not playing.

Earthbound, the Breath of Fire games, the Grandia games, the Tales games, and others. There are so many RPGs that I've missed out on, that I'll never have the time to play now.

^Actual quote!
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. I didn't think people missed the Playstation Lunar game that much. Besides the anime-ish sequences, I'm not particularly impressed with it. I just started playing through both the PS and GBA versions at this time. I also own the Sega CD version of the first games. It's nice that they made Nash and Luna more involved in the beginning of the story, but they made a change to Alex that I didn't think was good. I'm not going to go into it because I don't want to spoil the game for anybody.

I can think of a few games that I really want to play but can't really find anywhere easily. Xenogears was already mentioned, so I'm not goint to write about that. Also the first two Suikoden games since I never bothered buying them when they were released. Castlevania Chroniclesis another of them. It was an old-school Castlevania game that was released and remixed for the Playstation. The original NES version was never released state side.

Another one is the Shenmue series. I've always been curious as to what the hullabaloo of this series was. As I understand it, the game is basically an rpg with some follow-the-prompt sequences. I believe it was also supposed to be stretched out over a few games, but I guess Sega abandoned that idea. And since in the US the games were only released on the Dreamcast and X-Box, it's not that likely I'll ever play it unless Sega does a compilation in the future for a Playstation console. I guess I should've gotten at least the Dreamcastand a few games when Sega did their fire sale for it after Sony stomped them into the ground with the PS2.

Snatcher for the Sega CD was one that I missed entirely because it was my own fault. The lowest I saw it on sale was $24.95 and I wanted it to come down to $19.95 before I bought it. That was a STUPID idea. It's a psuedo text adventure game that was created by Hideo Kojima. The game revolves around an amnesiac detective called Gilligan who is investigating events involving bioroboids called Snatchers who are killing off members of high society and replacing game. The game and its prequel, Policenauts, were released for the PSOne, but again, were never released in the US. Then again I've read the Sega CD version of Snatcher is the best because the Playstation games are censored in some way.

The Panzer Dragoon series is yet another one I missed. Nothing like a shooter where you pilot a dragon. I guess. I never bothered with the Sega Saturn, so there went the possibilites for the first three games. And I really was never into the X-Box, so there went Panzeer Dragoon Orta. The series had some unique innovations. In Zwei, you could upgrade the dragon in certain ways. In Saga, they turned the whole concept into an RPG. That's something you don't ever expect. Another thing is that it's kind of weird that the Saturn started off with a Panzer Dragoon game and ended with one.

I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure I can come up with some later.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Till now, I played and owned every RPG I wanted in my life except for Rhapsody a Musical Adventure and maybe the first Persona.

I don't want to repeat the old stupid story of why and how, but the only thing I'm going to say about Rhapsody that I really regret the moment I passed on it saying that it was a girli game not worthy of my money (yes it is a somewhat girli game, but it is worthy of my money now).

I'm not sure if I saw the first Persona in here, but I remember a seeing a Persona cover, maybe it was Eternal Punishment, but I should've checked it out.

Ced The Lad wrote:
As for me, I regret not getting into any of the Shadow Hearts series. Someone spoiled the plot for the two games, so I don't plan to pick it up at all now. It's a shame because I heard it was really good. Cult hits usually are.

You know, almost every RPG I played on the PS2 was spoiled to me by someone I know (if you are reading this post then I hate you for these things ^)^) but that didn't stop me from playing them because it doesn't matter if you know the start or the end, what matters the most is the middle and how things went from the first point to the end one.

You should try a game even if you were spoiled, and especially a game of the Shadow Hearts series, they are one of the best games I played, and I bet you will forget about the spoilers when you get into the game, you should try them before the release of the third one.

Awww... almost every game mentioned in here is one of my favorites, so reading this thread brings a lot of good memories, and makes me want to replay most of these games you all mentioned.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game I regret not playing the most would more than likely be chrono trigger. I do have an SNES, but the game is so high on ebay, even without the manual or box. I did like chrono cross a lot though. :)
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lunar shadows, if you want to play Chrono Trigger so bad, why not get the emulator? You can find a copy of a Chrono Trigger ROM in nearly any ROM site. It'll be just as fun as the real game. And you can Save State and "Fast Forward" some of the game when you want to. At least you'll save your money from the ebil claws of ebay. ^_^

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Persona 1, I played 2, it was great. I wish I could find 1 somewhere, the iso doesnt play very well from where I got it. : (
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I regret not playing vandal hearts 2, a review I read when it came out stated that it had made a move towards real time combat and the idea of storing abilities in my weapons sounded annoying. The real time combat thing sounded like hell to me, simply because I was in love with it's simplistic turn based system that had me so enthralled with the original's gameplay.

But I've since heard that it's actually very good and I'd like to have at least given it a shot.

I just recently bought number 1, can't wait to get back home and play it in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to that.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lunar shadows wrote:
The game I regret not playing the most would more than likely be chrono trigger. I do have an SNES, but the game is so high on ebay, even without the manual or box. I did like chrono cross a lot though. :)

If you have a Playstation, go hunt down a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles. Resellers on Amazon have them in stock for as little as US$14.75 for new copies. It also comes with Final Fantasy VI, which I guess is not a bad thing.

I think that even if game is spoiled for you, that's it's still worth playing it. I admit to spoiling myself on Suikoden III, IV and Shadow Hearts (Note to self: do not read character guides or GameFAQ's Boards) and I'll happily spoil other people on games I've played. Heck, I'm now playing through Shadow Hearts: Covenant which refers to the ending of the first game and I'm enjoying the game thoroughly.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I regret not playing Vagrant story and Xenosaga when they first came out.... I will find them, someday.
Lucia RareGroove

Chaos of Time

Location: I travel to seek the bearer of the blinking rune...
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me i regret not playing all the following:

*Breath of fire
Fave Character: Foulo

*Groove Rave Adventure
Fave Character: Lucia Raregroove :twisted:

* V. Profile
Fave Character: Freya

*Thousand Arms
Fave Character: Dark Master :twisted:

*Suikoden 123
Fave Characters: Luca Blight, hehe both young and mature Viki :twisted:,
Yuber, Persmerga

*Legend Of Legaia
Fave Charater: Songi and Noa :twisted:

These are the games i regret not playing :wink:
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still haven't played Suikoden I or II. I really regret not picking those up (but I plan on eventually doing so) because I'd bet I'd have more to say on this forum if I had. :P

Let's see, also I regret not picking up FF7. I should have done so earlier but now I'm too distracted by other, more fancy games. I like the turn based fighting systems where you don't have to rush your turn like you did in seven. Everyone always tells me that it wasn't that bad and that I just needed to get used to it...but I never did. And I'm sorry, if you don't like the fighting system...then you're screwed. But I do wish I had played it...it's a good story. *sigh*

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every game I couldn't buy on the genesis. yeah, of course, I know emulation exists, but it's not just the same.
These games include Chiki Chiki Boys, Sonic 3, Dr. Robotnik Meanbean machine . . .

Also it's a shame i can't find anywhere the "gold" edition of Brigandine. Brigandine is the kind of t-rpg game where you can stay on the same battle for hours.
Sadely, the basic version is kinda crappy with ugly 3D models. But the gold edition is supposed to have animated sprites, and a lot of changes in the AI.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I regret not playing grandia and especially valkyrie profile it's too hard for me those games today. There many people who is saying that valkyrie profile is a must have game if you like rpg genre I should have get it when I had the chance.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel like an empty hole has been filled in my head. I picked up Xenogears, instruction manual and all, from a Game Shop all the way out of the boonies in Las Vegas. I bought that and Suikoden 1 (which I played but never owned) for 30 bucks. I was extatic.

I finally see what everyone's been saying about the game, and to tell you the truth, it's up there with Suikoden 2 as my favorite game of all time. I finally get where a bunch of you all got your usernames from too, although, sad to say, I do a good job of putting two and two together. So I was a bit spoiled thanks to Wiseman and El Regers' usernames/avatar and Excalibur's avatar (basically I knew who Wiseman was before he introduced himself and I saw El Regers somewhere. Excalibur's avatar is that pink haired guy from Ramsus' flashback, I guess. I'm not sure if Sophia got her username from the gam, though)

But that's ok, because I still enjoy this game greatly. This will keep me playing it over and over until summer ends. Still, I gotta look for Shadow hearts, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: