Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sharon Being a Dragon Knight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reed

Cloak-and-Sword

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sharon Being a Dragon Knight Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How is it possible for Sharon to be a Dragon Knight? Because I remember her saying how she couldn't wait to get her own dragon and have it breathe fire on her enemies and what not in Suikoden 3. I thought (based on what I remember from Suikoden 1) that one could not be a member of the Dragon Knights without a dragon, hence why Futch was expelled.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She got a golden dragon at the end of Suikoden III, if I recalled clearly.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But don't they need to "bond" with a dragon by the time they're *five*?
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was curious about this too! I thought about the same thing when I first played. It struck me as very odd that she didn't have a dragon yet... And the fact that they didn't explain any reason behind the absence of a dragon frustrated me.
If anyone knows what was going on here, assuming something was explained outside of the game, I'd be greatful to find out. Then, it may just be a plot hole... It does happen. Or I may just have missed somthing. Who knows.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, being that Sharon is the daughter of Milia, I think it's safe to assume they made an exception for her. She seems like a spoiled child and a troublemaker, so Milia might've sent her with Futch to gain a bit of worldly experience and maybe calm her down some.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the dragons fear her and she needed an animal with the same personality has her perhaps?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Futch "bond" with his new dragon way past the age requirement too, didn't he?
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but the dragon Futch originally bonded with, Black, died. Which may have been what happened to Sharon. Maybe she had a dragon at a very young age but it died somehow and now she's on a quest with Futch to find a new one, just like when Black died Futch went on a journey with Humphrey and found Bright.

But, the more I think about it, Sharon being spoiled and getting special privileges sound more beleivable.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to agree with the special privelages theory...

When Black died, Futch was distraught to say the least. He deffinately bonded with that dragon. When presented with a new dragon, he was questioning whether Bright even WAS a dragon for a while (which is kind of... well... how could it not be a dragon?) I'd say a dragon knight is rather protective of their companion as the dragon is of them.
So, if Sharon's dragon died, and she didn't seen to think about that at all in-game, that would be one of the saddest things ever.

But I'm still confused by, if she were spoiled, wouldn't someone have helped her find a dragon a bit... earlier? (though spoiled, she does seem.) I would have thought that spoiling a young dragon knight would have entailed helping her find the best dragon ever, rather than letting her live as a dragon knight without a dragon.
Maybe they made an exception because there just weren't any dragons to be found?

Or more likely, Konami just forgot one little aspect of the gigantic game world they've created. It may not be easily explainable, but it sure is fun to try!
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is more likely simply that she isn't a dragon knight just yet, but more like a trainee in preperation of becoming one. Since she's Milia's daughter, she would most definitely need to become a dragon knight. However, she probably has yet to earn her right to own a dragon just yet. She'll probably just lable herself as a dragon knight anyway despite if she isn't officially recognised as one yet.

However, after the events of S3, she has obviously proven herself worthy of a dragon, and thus, she receives one and becomes a full fledged 9th tier dragon knight.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She was 5 by the end of Suikoden III then?
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to agree- oversight all the way. Like George Lucas thinking "Parsec" was a measure of time in Star Wars ("You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? She's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!").

If you want to rationalize it in some way, there could be a specific set of rules for any children the Commander has, for any number of reasons.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking about it again, and I came to another possible theory. Maybe Sharon not having a dragon has something to do with the mystery of Joshua giving up the Dragon rune to Milia. Joshua had the Dragon rune for quite a long time, and it's said that dragons can't live in the world without it. Perhaps now that Milia has it and she's just getting used to the rune, maybe there's a shortage of dragons. While there's absolutelly no evidence to confirm any of this, it's still a thought.

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something else that occurred to me- maybe when Milia took charge, she changed the rules? Say, for example, she wasn't too fond of that whole "Dragon Knight sans dragon gets their ass kicked out" rule. Being as she IS an absolute commander and doesn't really answer to anyone as far as we can tell, she'd be free to change whatever she wants.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a possibility too. I always thought that kicking a person out, especially when their dragon just died, was a little harsh. Like in S1 when Black died, Futch was obviously upset, but all Joshua could say was "You don't have a dragon anymore, you have to leave."

It's a really stupid rule in my opinion. To me, the Dragon Knights look like they are a small force as it is, they probably loose allot of dragons in war. If I was the leader I wouldn't just go around kicking out allot of my skilled and dedicated soldiers out of my army just because they don't have a dragon. Have they been in the air so long that they've forgotten that there's such a thing as fighting on the ground?

Also, about Sharon being spoiled. The more I think about it, Milia doesn't seem like the person who would spoil their child (even if she does have a brat like Sharon as a daughter.).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: