Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Define Your Regiment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Swords of Randomness

Well, the swords part is due to my regiment type being infantry. The randomness comes from a conversation within Highland and it kinda suits me because I come up with some really weird and random stuff sometimes (moreso in real life than here).

Define my regiment? Well, they're random. They have many "I should buy a boat!" moments if you know what I mean. It's hard to get a handle on random. They just do whatever pops into their mind, but being random has it's advantages. It keeps the enemy guessing and with no planning invovled it's pretty much all or nothing.

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amaresu is short hand reference in Japan for Amateur Wrestling.

The Amaresu Legion are an infantry regiment who practice the art of war as a pastime.
They rarely accept money when it concerns defending Tinto, however they are known to accept money as a part of competitions formed under restrictions specified by a regulatory body. They lack a certain finesse where their infantry skills are concerned, perhaps lacking a medium of professionalism, but they are extremely adept at the very basic and rawest forms of battle and perform them at an exceptional level.

Edit: After a lengthy discussion amongst themselves, The Amaresu Legion are known known as The Wild Soldiers.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."

Last edited by Agahnim on Mon May 09, 2005 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the regiment name from my favorite anime series.

Akatsuki
A group of men in black robes with red clouds on them, wearing straw hats. Mounted on black stallions, they lead a unit of Zexen's strongest cavalry.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My current regiment name The Wind of Change is inspired by one of my favorite rock songs of all times. The men in this unit are of the best trained cavalry in all of the Queendom and are part of one of the two great cavalry units. In battle they swarm over their foe with pure fury and enter a berserk state of consciousness.

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Saiwai Pirates. Rawr.

The "Saiwai Pirates" is a name conjured up by my buddy Conor to name our respective group of friends. Previously I used to refer to my crew as just "the groupies", but that name got boring, and had... untrue conotations. Heh. So he dubbed our crews the Saiwai Pirates, Saiwai being a Japanese word for "happy". I figured I would call my regiment the Saiwai Pirates because I'm an Islander, and the Islanders are pretty much pirates without exception. Drink up, me hearties!

The Saiwai Pirates look like any other band of fun-loving, wench-chasing, grog-drinking pirates, with a few exceptions. For the most part, we're all relatively... er, "civilized" looking, at least, those of us who are native to Obel. Those pirates we've picked up from here and there tend to have that more authentic "hands-in-the-pants", unshaven, rag-wearing perma-drunk pirate look. Obel Saiwais are usually better dressed (ableit minimally dressed, due to the temperate weather of Obel), clean-shaven, literate, and sober. Occasionally.

As the captain of the Saiwai pirates, though, I'm always sober.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God's fingertips is holy destruction, crazed overly self-sure "religous nuts" use it as an excuse for bloodshead. They parade around with its banner and feel they are immune to needless killing, for it is right, just and clensing.

rain down holy destruction! God's Fingertips!

(It would be better if we were a magic unit)

anway this was just somthing I came up with, its sounds mystical dosen't it? not really mystical but just somthing to behold. I came up with it orginaly for a differnt source, so the revelance is a bit differnt, but not by much.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kuwaizair wrote:
rain down holy destruction! God's Fingertips!

(It would be better if we were a magic unit)

I think a rain of arrows could be equally good for religious nuts to use when smiting their foes. If the arrows were holy in some way especially since then it really would be a rain of holy destruction.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dip the arrows in Holy Water and watch the pagan masses burn!

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Longhorns

An infantry regiment composed of the Defense Staff for the Layfield Trading Company. The Longhorns don't dress in standard military uniform but normally dress in black to give an impression of a large physical body than normal. Leaders of individual groups wear a peculiar item know as 'business suits', said to be imported from the western continent. At the forefront of the regiment sits John Layfield, accompanied by his Chief of Staff and his two own personal secrateries of defense. Each unit within the regiment follows the same basic layout.

The soldiers who form this regiment are recruited not just from Highland but from all over the world as employees of Layfield Trading Company.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fresna Knights

The Fresna knights are the forward defense force of the Island Nations. They are stationed in Lasahn and are led by Captain Black Knight, along with his First Lieutenant. The Knights who join are not allowed to say what their real names are, but are given an alias like Lieutenant Vamp. They are all dressed in black suits with a white undershirt, black pants and two swords. To join the Fresna Knights you must be an educated person, and skilled with a sword. The Black Knight fights all the new reqruits to see what they can do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, cool regiment names, everyone.

As for me:

The Thunder Elemental(s)

I an a big fam for the Lightning Element. In all animes and video games. For example, Crono in Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite characters for being just so well-rounded, and for having the Lightning Spell. Galford from Samurai Shodown rocks. Haschel from Legend of the Dragoon was my favorite out of the seven. And Kakashi from Naruto kicks butt with his Chidori (but not Sasuke. Itachi should have maimed him and be rid of this nuisance. I would have said "killed", but he uses Chidori as well, so i will tolerate...him for now).

But i don't like Benimaru from the King of Fighters series. Stupid pansy. Having the Thunder element adds a few notches in my book. But that brings him up to Notch -2.

And, as you could guess, this would also mean that i love Geddoe, Edge, Flik, Jeane and so forth. Lightning power all the way!

The Thunder Elementals hit fast and hard, and with deadly skill (Think Thunder Amulet). They are stationed in South Window, ready at the command of their Lightning Lord, Starslasher. Most have adapted the fighting styles of Flik, the Blue Lightning, and are partially influenced by the South Window native, Freed Yamamoto.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

~The Metabolically Challenged Army of Logantaro~

The original name was "The Zombie Army of Logantaro", but the undead tend to be very sensitive about thier non-living status. So to be more politically correct, I had to change the name.

There isn't much to say about the undead of Logantaro. Logantaro is the second most useless scrap of land on the map (the most useless being the Badlands). Since no one wants to "live" there, it's a perfect place for those without a metabolism or life energy to speak of.

I am the king of nothing! Fear me!

^Actual quote!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
The Thunder Elemental(s)

Starslasher, this is in no way aimed at you in particular, but your post finally broke my willpower and I have to share a pet peeve of mine that's been fostering for awhile. Regiments are made up of people. Your regiment title should reflect this. Way too many people look at that spot and think, "Hey! Free title!" Yes, fine, you're allowed to put anything there you want. I'm no admin or even mod to say what you can or can't do, or even what you should or shouldn't. But seriously, most of those titles would look fine if you just pluralized it and remembered that it applies to everyone in your regiment, not just you. Course, some people have regiments in other languages, or some even have regiments that, grammatically, work in the singular better than in the plural and still apply to everyone in the regiment.

Don't mind me, I'm coming right off a rant in my own nation [thank God for Rant Threads!], but it's something that really bugged me for awhile. I also think people should stick to regiments that actually fit in the Suikox world... and last I checked, mechs didn't actually exist anywhere in our world. But, again, don't mind me.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be fair Harukaze, it should be a way to personalise their own unit to add a feeling of depth to their "characters" within the Suikox game. Orannis is from a totally different story, unrelated to Suikoden.

It must have really bothered you when I had "Danger: Moderator" in there.

Although, I do understand your pet peeve on using plurals, unless of course you have a title like Blue Thunder of which he is a lord of the regiment, but still, let people name their regiment in the name that best suits.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I ignored Danger: Moderator as a sorta quirky joke. You might remember at one point my regiment name was the First Batallian Transvestite Brigade. It was a temporary joke [if you don't get the joke, you haven't been listening to the right comics, either, so shame on you!], I wanted to return my regiment to Wolves of Senai before phase 4 began.

Actually... I picked a very bad example singling out ... erm... whoever it was I singled out ^_^ Guess that illustrates how not-personal it was, since I don't even know who did it :) I don't seem to see the post on this page and it isn't important enough to dig through the last two. Anyway, I guess as long as the name could fit, it doesn't matter. Binders of Oranis, for example... well, who is Oranis? We don't know, in the Suikox world, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be someone who existed. For all I know here in the Grasslands hearing about the famous Binders of Oranis, Oranis was some villain who plagued the Highlands Kingdom and who King Fliktor Blight bound. Likewise, really, the Haro Army could be anything, going just by the name; it's a name that could be mentioned in the battle reports without sounding totally out of place. That's what's I'm getting at really.

As for Blue Thunder though - and like my comment about the leader of the Haro Army, this is nothing personal at all - I think his regiment title is a good example of what I don't think regiment names should be. We already know he's the Lord of the Metabolically Challenged Army of Logantaro. By default, that's sort of a given. But his regiment is not the Lord of the MCAoL, it is the MCAoL. I think his regiment name should be simply "Metabolically Challenged Army of Logantaro" and the fact that he's Lord of them be a given since he's their leader, or if he wasn't to emphasize the role of "Lord" [as opposed merely to Commander or Captain or whathaveyou], then his signature is a great place for that.

Like I said, really, don't mind me. It's my own pet peeve, something I don't expect will be sated any time soon [read: ever]. I just had the urge to share it when seeing the (s) in Starslasher's post ^_^ It was far too good a symbol of what I meant for me not to comment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: