Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Define Your Regiment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I honestly don't have much to say about my regiment, The Tonbrigade. They are a group of infantry made entirely of tonberries. Our slogan is "We may be slow, but we pack a punch." The Tonbrigade is currently stationed in North Yaza.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My regiment's name is derived from their leader's former title, the golden emperor. Their story goes as follows....

The Golden Mercenaries
The golden mercenaries were formed after the fall of the old scarlet moon empire and it's former emperor Barbarosa Rugner. Leaping from the floating garden with Windy in his arms Barbarosa desired nothing but death. He awoke to find Windy clinging to life as she had used her last bit of strength to save Barbarosa. Her last word to him was, "live." Windy died and Barbarosa was left with nothing to live for.

With his empire in shambles and his name cursed Barbarosa set off on a journey. Wondering from town to town he searched for a purpose to live. Forced to defend himself, Barbarosa's excellent swordsmanship was quickly noticed by local people. Still possessing the Dragon King Sword along with the Sovereign rune, Barbarosa was never defeated in battle.

On one fateful day Barbarosa spotted a young woman being attacked by a bandit. He recognized her as belonging to the local village and felt compelled to act. Rushing over Barbarosa declared that the woman be released. The bandit responded by raising his right hand in an attempt to cast fire magic using his rune. Raising the Dragon King Sword Barbarosa summoned the Sovereign rune's power. The fire attack was quickly nullified leaving the bandit in disbelief. The bandit charged Barbarosa only to be quickly run through by a powerful thrust. The young woman fell to her knees in thanks for what Barbarosa had done. Barbarosa returned with the woman to her village where she told everyone what he had done.

The local men all gathered to hear of Barbarosa's might and courage. They proclaimed that the bandits had killed and raided their village for years. The villagers had tried numerous times to defeat the bandits, but the bandits were led by a powerful magician who possessed a thunder rune. Although strong and skilled on a horse, they were no match for the rune's power. They declared that if Barbarosa were to lead them into battle and help defeat the bandits, they would be eternally grateful. Barbarosa saw the hope desperation in their eyes and could not refuse.

The next day Barbarosa organized the men and prepared them for battle. He learned of the bandit's hideout and decided on frontal assault. At noon the villagers led by Barbarosa set off for the hideout. He led a force of 150 men to do battle against the estimated 300 bandits. The bandits learned of the villagers approach and quickly armed themselves. The bandit's leader was confident the villagers would be quickly dispersed as they had always been once he released his magic. The bandits could hear a thundering sound in the distance as Barbarosa's cavalry approached. As the cavalry came closer the bandit's leader laughed as he remarked to the other bandits about the their superior strength in numbers and his powerful rune. Raising his left hand the bandit's leader summoned a powerful spell to strike right at the heart of the attack in order to scatter the villagers. Seeing this Barbarosa raised the Dragon King Sword and summoned the Sovereign rune's power. The spell was nullified and the shocked bandits stood motionless as Barbarosa's cavalry trampled them. In a matter of minutes all of the bandits lay dead and only 25 of the villagers had perished.

Barbarosa returned to the village and all of the villagers declared their loyalty to him. Those who had fought with him asked if they might stay with Barbarosa and continue to follow him. Barbarosa agreed and this cavalry unit began to hire themselves out as mercenaries liberating other villages with similar problems. Barbarosa's men heard stories of the former emperor's fame and began to call themselves the "Golden Mercenaries". With a new purpose for his life Barbarosa sought to enlist the services of his original great generals who had fought so bravely with him before. One by one Teo McDohl, Sonya Schulen, Milich Oppenheimer, Kasim Hazil, Kwanda Rossman, and even Georg Prime joined Barbarosa and his Golden Mercenaries.

They continue to roam the world in search of opportunities to fight gaining soldiers at every stop. However they do not always go to the highest bidder and sometimes side with the more just cause. Their cavalry units continue to grow in numbers and power as does their leader's. This is the story of the Golden Mercenaries

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My current Regiment Name: Highland Seraphs.

Seraphs are the highest order of angels, who are the closest to the throne of God.

Description:

After being given another chance by what seemed to be Divine Providence, the soon-to-be regiment leader wandered in search of his lost memory. He followed the calling of the sword of which he possessed during his awakening, he came upon the Kingdom of Highland. After regaining his memories, he found his purpose and began to rise within the ranks of Highland.

His regiment is composed of infantry whose dedication to the cause of their leader as well as that to the King are unparalleled. They swear their lives for their rumored 'Holy Cause' and have been said to fight with blades that burn with an unearthly flame. Some have even claimed to have seen some of the men being guided by six wings of untold beauty. How men are selected to enter this regiment is unknown, but it is said that you must bear a pure heart and a blessed soul.

The Highland Seraphs are amongst the highest regments within the Kingdom and are managed by the only man who wields the blade that was lost by the highest Seraph who had fallen from the grace of Heaven. Despite the difficult chance of entry, the regiment encourages others to cleanse themselves to be able to join the regiment with these words,

"Come with us... and we shall seek Heaven."

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Light Fantastic is the name of a book by terry Pratchett. It is the second in the Discworld series, a series everyone everywhere should read.

I chose this name because I like adjectives that come after the words they describe (makes it sound very Shakespearean). In all seriousness, the main reason I chose this is becuse of the heaby emphasis my unit places on style and showmanship when performing attacks. We're mages, dammit, possessed of limitless cosmic power. When we cast a spell, the it is specially choreographed to not only be destructive, but entertaining as well. The LIGHTshow that the attacks produce is truly a FANTASTIC thing to see. Unfrotunately most of those who see that Light Fantastic never see anything else. As Sideshow Bob said, "I shall send you to heaven before I send you to hell."

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The blazing sun archers (as they were just renamed) are so called for their habit of training under the scorching sun of the Tinto deserts. It is this dedication to training in such harsh conditions that prepares them for the heat of battle so well. Many men do not complete the training courses for the burning sun archery regiment due to heat stroke and dehydration, the entrance exam is rigourous in weeding out the unworthy.

Once an archer has demonstrated the appropriate abilities in the blistering heat of the desert it is said they can concentrate their aim incredibly when conditions are more favourable. The factors of wind and the abuse the movement of the sand creates unto the archer's eyes teaches the archers how to function without the total aid of their senses, as such when they are available the archer becomes even more formidable.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aspodels Arms
Asphodels Arms are a group of battle hardened sodiers that join my unit seemingly out of no where whenever I make a public declaration. I can only assume they come from the Asphodel Fields so thats what I call them and myself; Asphodels Arms.

We are armed to the teeth with weapons of many different shapes and size but each soldier is issued two things: A Pick-axe and a Shield. You can always tell who is new to the unit by whether they have been in a battle to pick up a new weapon or not.

They wear simple armor that is very effective. They have a chest plate that literally only covers there chest and shoulder-blade area. It is made of black cast iron and held with brown leather straps. Under it they wear a Tinto Gold long-sleeved shirt that tucks in on some and hangs out on others. They wear brown leather belts and straped battle skirts. Thats right, skirts with black iron studs. Some have brown pants on underneath their skirts that go down to their ankles and overlap their steel-toed boots. They all have been issued a single shoulder gaurd/arm guard set that is of the same black cast iron as their armor. Although at times they appear a motley crue(o yeah) of infantry men, they truly are a force to be reckoned with. And with more and more everyday...

"We are the soldiers of Asphodels Arms. We dedicate our lives to justice, honor, and the service of the people. We live now and will use our lives to carry out these three goals. We wil fight with courage, dignity, virtue, and fervor. We shall soon become one of the most feared names in the world. We Are Asphodels Arms!" -Oath of Aspodels Arms

<Okay so really the name comes from my new obsession with Greek Hades. Many don't know this but Acheron is the River of Woe in which lost souls come and sit by and wait to be reincarnated in Greek Mythology. The Asphodel Fields are the Greek equivalent of Limbo, if I'm not mistaken. I decided to go Hades theme since it fits nicly into a story I'm writing. Much luv all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Some Dudes with Bows are pretty much some dudes with bows. Some argue that they are badass dudes with bows, but only 10 percent of the members are pure badasses. The rest are pretty good with bows, but ultimately are not deserving of the title badass. And although the title refers to dudes the regiment does not discriminate based on gender.

Some Dudes with Bows was formed by the Vaguelord Shrew when he suddenly realized he needed an army. So he found a bunch of archers that were willing to shoot things. Now they all live happily under the same roof unless someone drops a spoon.

Then the badass ones flip out and kill people. Because they're that badass. And also ninjas.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And also ninjas

Got to love the ninjas.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shinigami

Shinigami is a Japanese word roughly translated as God(s) of Death.

In Japanese folklore, the Shinigami are Japan's equivalent to the Grim Reaper, as these beings guide people to the afterlife for judgment. The major difference between the Grim Reaper and the Shinigami is that while there is only one Grim Reaper, there are multiple Shinigami. The Shinigami are usually invisible, and only reveal themselves just before someone is about to die. They are usually considered to be scary beings, as they really seem to enjoy their job.

My regiment was given this name because of the ruthless efficency that they conduct on the battlefield. There's no fancy swordplay or flashy magic. Just quick and efficent battle tactics.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: The Wolves of Senai Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wolves of Senai are the elite warriors of the Clan Safir. They are both Runic mages and foot soldiers, in distinct divisions. The Harukaze is their Commander and their Chief both, having inherited both roles very suddenly during the Harmonian invasion; though they were taken by surprise and the battle was largely bloodless, both his father - the then Commander of the Wolves - and his paternal uncle - the then Clan Chief of Clan Safir - were killed buying time for the Wolves to escape, so that they may rally the Clans and return to reclaim their ancestral homes.

Though the Harukaze is the leader of the Wolves as a whole, his underlieutenants handle other divisions. Of late, the Wolves have been growing steadily, mostly from Safirii who were away from Chanta Safirii when the Harmonians invaded, but the Harukaze has accepted in the Clanless and Outcaste of the Grasslands if they swore to fight for Safir's freedom. With the new recruits, he has had the opportunity to train them in new ways. An archer division is beginning to form within his ranks, although he has yet to find a lieutenant to lead them.

Still largely comprised of the now-homeless Safirii, the Wolves live for nothing else but to return to their homes. They know the day is coming soon, and they train relentlessly. When the time comes, they know they will be victorious; Chanta Safirii is a powerful fortress, with many secrets, but none know those secrets better than the warriors who were born there.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Background and History of The Haro Army

One fine day, an angry scientist was experimenting with his mecha drawings.
Suddenly, the TV he was watching aired a show.... a show unbelivable.... a show called "Kidou Senshi Gundam" on a certain channel..... Intrigued, the angry scientist went crazy, as everything he drew and he thought of was a certain ball shaped object, called Haro....

He did everything to please his obssession.... but it was not enough... he then gathered all his brainpowers, and began to create real life Haros .... many,so many, too much that it could fit as an army by number.Luckily, another obssession of his, which was Suikoden, emerged as he accidentally stumbled upon the site known as Suikox..... Awoken to his senses, he went to see a psychologist, and was finally cured of his obssession.....

"But what to do with the Haros?",he said.A brilliant plan occured as the announcement of Phase 4 appeared.He then costumised the Haros, turning them into weapons of mass destruction, and yet still maintains it's kawaii-ness.Thus, the Haro Army was created as a stepping stone for Harmonia's glorious future.

The Haro Army

Their weapons changes as costumization.However, they are more skilled at long-range weapons such as beam rifles, mulleo bits(mini haro-shaped beam funnels, and yes, they have the psycommu system), and beam bazookas.Other costumization includes beam daggers, guntank parts, and the ability to combine with other Haros like Super Robots, into the GranMegaHaro, which is weaponed with the Shining Haro Finger, similar to the G Gundam's, Hyper Mulleo Bit, and Beam Saber.Although highly weaponed, they seem to rather frolic around saying "haro!<a sentence> haro!" than to battle.And their numbers are few right now.The General is Haro 0079, which is the original haro created by Amuro, and is always battle-ready and very loyal to Harmonia and me.The Vice-General is Lacus-Haro which is Lacus Clyne's Haro, which helps a lot to bring Lacus to the battlefield, as she is the only one who could force the Haros to leave their frolicking and go to their duties but unfortunately Lacus is currently busy wth the events occuring in Gundam Seed Destiny, and i have to order the Haros myself.Which often don't work at all.Personally, it's a drag to force them.

There you have it.The Haro Army.Ready to crush you at all times.

EDIT:And, oh yeah, the greatest thing about them is that when they are destroyed, they can be rebuilt with gathering their parts, using the " Getter Haros " division.A division which prime task is to gather the parts and rebuild them again.These make them very beneficial for Harmonia's economical wealth.As they require no batteries and use solar cells.And also they can be used for daily activities such as cleaning, gardening, etc when euipped with costum parts.Also available : fishing parts,carpenter/architect parts, etc.

Last edited by Tendou Souji on Sun May 08, 2005 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wondering Prophets are a group Lizard warriors, who met a Blue Haired Human who they grew to respect and admire.

The blue haired human, Timbo, wandered the earth attempting to learn of 'knowledge' and 'truth', but greew tired of his search as he learned that 'truth' was a word to get an emotional edge on your opponents and 'knowledge' had no purpose othe than to fulfill one's own desires. Timbo, knowing this, used the ideas and concepts he has learned to teach any who are wiling to listen and to teach them a new type of warfare. He would teach that wars are not won with bows and arrows, but by changing the people's views and making them bow down to you by the sword and by the book. The Lizardmen, respecting his new warfare and wiushing to become more powerful warriors, all sought his tutleage. They use bows and arrows because they know the value of long range warfare vs melee, and they have studied and debated for so long, that their once immensely strong Lizard muscles had decreased to slightly above human strength. Their, leader still searchs for new ways to best his foes or any that would challenge his 'truths'.
Blackwind

Ravenstrike

66500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The History of Ravenstrike is an ancient one.

Part mercenary unit and part death cult. Founded in the year S19 a small team of assasins were sent by Hikusaak to kill the Paladin Klift. Before the team could reach there target though a dark robed women came into their camp and laid at the captains feet a weapon that would strike down the "True Enemies of Man". In Aww of the Longbow he now held, the captain retreated to his tent for a week. Upon returning to the world he told his men that they would no longer kill simply for duty but would now begin removing those that no more porpose in the world. Those who have fullfilled there destiny or are nothing more then a drain upon the earth. They saw that the Paladin Klift had still a part to play for man kind. They spent the next few monthes weakening the troops advancing towards Lorimar. They watched from the shadows as the Harmonian invasion was repelled.

In the Year S70 the Racenstrike lost their minds to weapon and aided Harmonia in the slaughter of the Gate Rune Clan. The blackwind lost his life in the battles which led to the election of a stronger willed leader. Seeing the dreadfull actions of his men the new blackwind took his meen and fled from the world. They would spend the next 150 years reflecting on their place in the world and traing in their deadly arts.

They would once again be historys hand in the year S230 when the curent blackwind is aproached by Julian Silverberg and asked to aid Kranach Rugner in his coup. The blackwind at first declined but was soon persuaded by the Scarlet Moon Knight. To this day the Ravenstrike remain proud that no needless blood was shed. Ravenstrike would serve the empire loyaly for the next 50 odd years when the blackwind fell into a fever and never recoverd.

The new blackwind was a dark and hatefull man and in the year S290 he felt the power of the rune of punishment as the Qween of Obel unleashed it's power. Ravenstrike was going Rune hunting. They spent the next decade in the Island Nations. The blackwind felt the True Rune and the Longbow calling to each other. Ravenstrike not being sailors soon tired of this endever a simply killed the blackwind in his sleep. The new blackwind knowing that his men were tired conviced them to stay and make sure that the intrests of the world were served in the wars to come. The their plan got cut short after the actions of Graham Crays Son and felt it best to return to the Empire.

The Action of Ravenstrike have taken them in and out of history and and many blackwinds have come and gone. And what may come of this new war. Will I be strong and kepp our pride in the dark time ahead or will i to fall to the bloodlust that has claimed many of us. All i know is that I am Blackwind Captain and Highpriest of Ravenstrike. My men will kill other men in my name. I only hope those other men are the "Wicked Ones"

For now Ravenstrike is in Gregminster awaiting the final orders that will end the war and place The Scarlet Moon Empire above all others.
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkstalkers is the translation of the name of a special group of soldiers that existed in Portugal by the time of its foundation.
They were an elite group with very few members (90 at their max) that made some important operations to help the capture of cities and territories.
Their method was a well studied night raid, in which they would finish the enemy while it wouldn't expect (like after an attack).
My version of Darkstalkers may be more and not so stealthy, but they can handle job.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My name "The Guardians of the Rune" came mainly from the fact that I am a Grasslander. We Grasslanders are to protect the True Fire Rune and so, that is where I got my regiment name from...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: