Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Manga or Anime?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Anime or Manga?
Anime
60%
 60%  [ 20 ]
Manga
39%
 39%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 33

Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't really choose one over the other, but I can say what I like and dislike for each

Manga

Pros
- Great artwork
- Portable
- Right to the point (Unlike anime, with filler)

Cons
- No music
- The action scenes are usually really boring
- No color

I don't really know why I like manga as much as anime, I just do. I can't think of any specific reasons. XD

Some things that it has the anime doesn't: Hot Gimmick, Confidential Confessions, Suikoden 3.

Anime

Pros
- Music (Some anime have wonderful music, Air, .Hack//SIGN)
- Better Action
- Color
- Voice Acting (Sometimes a pro, sometimes a con)

Cons
- Some times bad animation
- Not portable (usually)
- Repetative (Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z etc. the Filler)

Anime is just as good as manga in my book, sometimes you like seeing your favourite series in a different form.
[/i]
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just go with the medium that came first, which is usually manga. It usually has the better story since it was the one made be the original creator, and you don't have to deal with tons of filler stuff like in Rurouni Kenshin and recent Naruto. I also just enjoy reading manga more than I enjoy watching anime.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These days I prefer manga. Definitely. Less time consuming, cheaper, better art, and in most cases better plots because most anime series are based off of manga's while they're still running (so they usually end up not covering the whole story while the manga does, or putting in a whole lot of stupid filler).
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like manga a lot better. A few reasons:

- Manga has (usually) a better/fuller/less filler filled plot then most Anime.
- Manga has much better artwork then anime (I love the artwork in most manga)
- Manga goes longer then it's Anime counterpart, in almost every series that has both forms
- There are a lot of (really good) series that only come in manga, some being: Hot Gimmick, Death Note, Suikoden 3, Confiential Confessions, and a lot more.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ I usually like the artwork in manga better than in anime too. Most regular shows don't have that high of production value, and a lot of the time the animation is sloppy. I'm usually not too impressed with most shows' animation. Mostly the really impressive animations are done on OVAs and full movie length anime like Princess Mononoke and Samurai X.
Manga on the other hand doesn't really take a lot of money to look great, just a good artist.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer manga myself. I'm surprised that so many others do actually. Everyone I talk to around here is all pro anime. They're all too lazy to bother to read though.

I tend to like it better because it goes into more depth and is *usually* the first medium of the series. I like to watch the anime as well if it's half decent. I'm reading Naruto and Samurai Deeper Kyo right now. Naruto isn't bad as an anime, I just dislike the fillers.. and anyone who is up to date with Naruto, knows there's currently a whole season of filler going on. Where as, the manga in naruto right now is quite a bit ahead and -really good!-
Samurai Deeper Kyo is definitely a manga series.. the manga isn't complete yet, I don't think. More so, hasn't been completely translated yet. Regardless, it's 30-some volums I believe.. and the anime ended after 26 episodes and was HORRIBLE. The manga for the series is amazing though..
I've read about half of full metal alchemist.. only because I couldn't find the latter half.. and all of the anime series. I will say, this one was done really well in both mediums. The story changes a bit between them, but both are really well done.
I've watched all of Chrno Crusade, but just picked up all *I hope* of the manga, which I've heard is better and also expands upon the plot.
Now I'm working my way into Bleach.. probably do the anime and manga at the same time.

With all that said.. series which I've seen the anime and read the manga.. I always prefer the manga, but the anime can be well done too. Especially when things change, like in fma, you can get a bit of a different story. Naruto used to be pretty good with it's anime, it would keep the same story exactly, but sometimes you'd get a bit more of a backstory to some of the characters. aka- Haku/Zabuza or Kimimaru :)
Just my two cents!

-My DeviantArt-
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer manga. It's cheaper and you can carry it all around.
Loran Cehack

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whichever came first for that particular series. As an example it would be the anime for Gundam, but the manga for Kenshin. I prefer to see it as the creator intended it to be seen.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are some cases when the anime is on an equel level as the manga. Like for instance, the anime Monster.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with anime that was originally manga, is that they alter the anime. Either they change the story line, they shorten the series and end it early or throw in a pile of useless fillers that are just annoying and stray away from the original concept. Most of which are pet peeves of mine. Thus, why I cast my vote for manga. I just don't like seeing original concepts ripped to pieces. While I will admit that it *can* be better, usually it is not.

-My DeviantArt-
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like Mangas, but the only way I can read them is if my sister borrows them from her friends, and if she feels like letting me read them. since she hasnt done that lately, I havent read any good mangas, so Id have to say anime, since I can still watch those without having to rely on my sister
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i prefer to watch anime because i am lazy and find it easier to watch something a few times rather than read it, but i still buy and read manga.

Rising Storm

16559 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Manga, hands down, as manga (usually) tends to be more interesting, making up for the lack of colours with a truly good storyline. Of course, there are exceptions for this statement, namely those animes which are converted into mangas, thus making the anime the more 'original' version. Or something along those lines.

I find animes are sometimes less appetizing thanks to the fact that animation studios do enjoy (occasionally) hack and cutting off parts of the original manga before totally diverging from the storyline. Of course, yet again, not all animation studios do this, but it is those few that have turned me off anime.

Among some of my favourite mangas are: xxxHolic, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (I heard the anime is awful, so I refuse to watch it), Death Note, Chrno Crusade, FMA. All come recommended. :D

Quote:
I've watched all of Chrno Crusade, but just picked up all *I hope* of the manga, which I've heard is better and also expands upon the plot.

Glad you picked up the manga- it's definitely worth your while. It may be a matter of preference, but I do despise the the Chrno Crusade animation due to how they hacked and slashed every character to bits (Aion is the best example for this), and also how they managed to twist the storyline to the point that it didn't bear any resemblance to Daisuke Moriyama's original storyline in the first place.

Throw away the Chrno Crusade anime, I say.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deathnote is the best manga ever. The only manga I can think of that could even touch Deathnote is Monster and 20th Century Boys.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely anime since I like action. Many fight and action scenes just isn't the same without motion and music acompanying it.

BTW...are all mangas black and white? If so, then why is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: