Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Suikoden Dream Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, looks like I'll make one.

Front row.

Georg Prime - When hes hocked up on stone of mag-def, Georg is one unstoppable beast, and I'd like to think he leads this party. His sword and deathblow technique can ensure even the mightiest of True Rune Incarnations are beaten with ease.

Hazuki - Hazuki has possibly the best technique in Suikoden V, she parries and combo attacks rather frequently, plus shes from Katana, so she'd get in for just that anyway.

Genshu - Another great swordsman from Katana, Genshu knows how to kick ass and chew bubblegum, problem is for the enemy, hes all out of gum. Although he sucks magically, he makes up for that in technique and skill.

Back row.

Sarah - That insanely powerful magician with abnormal powers that make spirits cry in pain, yes shes now in my back row, and shes making full use of her Flowing and Rage runes.

Riou - Like in most other people's parties, Riou is the healer, but also plays an important melee role in dealing multiple attacks to the enemy, he is rather useful in a tight spot.

Ted (Suikoden IV) - The bow and arrows combined with a Soul Eater make for a great long range attacker who can also use a nuke in the form of a spell like "Judgement".
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna, I really hope that you only include Genshu because you love samurai and not for his gameplay elements because I don't think I can find another character in the whole Suikoden series that can actually be worse than Genshu.

Man, I'm quite sure I've done this sometime in the past, but I couldn't seem to find my post. Oh well, it's all good, I'd get the chance to post again and this time including Suikoden V characters too.

Front Row:

Pesmerga: One of the characters with the strongest base stats. I'm obviously a fanboy of the whole Black Knight thing, and he is very useful in Suikoden II's major battle too with his Cavalry and ATK +3 stats. I also somehow has a feeling that my own personal stats in Suikox is the most similar to Pesmerga (high HP and STR ^^)

Miklotov: Ahh what can I say, I like knights, and Blue Matilda Knights are one of the best ever. Very straight forward character, caring about others (as also shown by his Knight Rune), and definitely no weakling either. Also the character that said one of the most memorable line ever to me. "I'm a human first, a knight second ..." or something like that. I said memorable, doesn't mean that I can't forget the exact words lol

Miakis: Uh oh, another knight, this time a Queen's Knight. Right now, she's really quickly becoming my favorite character. I definitely consider her as the best character ever in Suikoden series so far with how complete she is. She can be physical, she can be magical, she can be funny, she can be sad, she can be strong, she can be vulnarable, she can be playful, she can be serious. She is the character with best development in my opinion. I really feel that I've got to see everything about her, and that's never happened to any character before. And from gameplay element, Miakis is definitely one of the strongest characters, if not the strongest herself.

Back Row:

Eilie: Yup, the knife-thrower gypsy who has a crush on Riou. While she's not exactly that strong, and she's not all that interesting, I find her to be very very realiable. In the gameplay elements, she seems to get extra attack so often in my game despite me not putting any special effort to get her to do so. In terms of personality, I think it's kind of cute to see her having a crush but not being able to really convey her feelings to Riou. Also arguably my favorite character until Miakis showed up.

Killey: Without a doubt, my favorite male character ever. Has the best character design ever (it's the hat!! and the shoes!! and the clothes!! EVERYTHING ..), and definitely one of the strongest characters ever anyways. His attitude is also awesome, who would've called the Prince of Falena as idiot other than Killey? No one. Calling Lorelai as little girl is also fun too. Only he has the guts to do so. Then he is no stupid dude either, knowing that the Prince came from the tunnel below simply by looking at muddy boots. So smart, so charming, so strong, so cool looking. What else do you want?

Zerase: Seriously, the only magician in the whole series that I actually like and enjoy having in the party. She has this "I don't want to talk to you" personality, but what's great is that it's not just empty talk. She has skill to back it up. She is a very strong magician who isn't weakling in terms of physical attack either. She's just that good. Plus, she looks good without her hoodie/robe. And obviously this party would need a magician anyways to make it complete. =D

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
Hayashi Ujitsuna, I really hope that you only include Genshu because you love samurai and not for his gameplay elements because I don't think I can find another character in the whole Suikoden series that can actually be worse than Genshu.

Hey, hes not that bad Aurelien, how dare thee say something about a man of his status. I'm so insulted I could scream. His magic sucks but his skill and strength are pretty good.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh I don't mean that he's bad to the point that he's unusable, but just technically the "worst" simply because every other character in the series seem to be able to somehow become more useful than Genshu. (Think of it like I'm not a bad basketball player, but I'm the worst if I'm in an NBA team)

This is becoming very obvious especially in Suikoden II where Genshu is the only character that can't be used for level 99 trick because he always joined at level 49. This just prevents the players to have a quick and easy solution to boost his stats. He only has 1 rune slot and it's locked giving no customization at all (hence, he can't use magic spell, and his mediocre physical attack can't be enhanced) other than from the weapon rune. All of his stats-growth are just mediocre, he can't be used for major battle, and he only has 1 unite that isn't quite useful. His Swallow Rune is not that great either. It does either x1 damage or instant kill (30% chance). The biggest disappointment is that even if it instant kills, any strong character should be able to kill an enemy in 1 turn anyways. And if you use "Attack" command with those characters, you might actually get a chance to get extra attack and kill even more enemies rather than using Swallow Rune which forced Genshu to only attack 1 enemy. Considering that he joined very late in the game, he's just ended up very mediocre.

Let's say we compare him with other 1-rune-already-locked-rune character in Suikoden II. The other two that I can remember are Shin and Bolgan. Shin might not be that much better than Genshu, but we can at least use the level 99 trick on him to easily boost his stats, he is usable in major battle (ATK +1 is not bad at all), and his unique rune is quite handy (x3 damage once/battle). Bolgan is even better, he really shines brightly when it comes to unite attack as he is involved in the strongest unite that targets 1 enemy (Servant Attack along with Bob and Sierra) and also the strongest unit that targets all enemies (Flash Attack along with Gantetsu and LC Chan) making him unbelievably useful, especially considering that he can max out his STR if you're lucky to boost the damage done through the unites even more. Obviously both Bolgan and Shin are better than Genshu.

In the end, no offense intended, but Genshu is seriously just mediocre. There is nothing special about him at all other than his looks. And I'm not even saying that you shouldn't like him, I'm just saying that gameplay wise, he's just not as good as some might think.

I do apologize if I offended you. I meant no offense when I posted that. I guess it kind of came out the wrong way. >.<;

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definitely know now that I will never say anything negative about a man from Katana or Uji will probably try to slash me with a weapon of the same name... :mrgreen:

The Fool
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OO my turn, my turn!

Front Row -

Wakaba (Suikoden2) - I love Wakky Wakaba, she has a completely useless master yet she has become such a decent fighter, her STR is amazingly high and her rune just screams coolness, HP wise she is a monster too.

Miakis (Suikoden5) - I <3 her, i just love her, i do believe she is one of the best characters ever in a game ever, to think for the first few minute of my game i didn't like her, but after first meeting Euram and after the scared games i loved her and couldn't wait to put her in my party all the time.

Shoon (Suikoden5) - For some reason i really like Shoon i'm not sure why, but i do. Just a shame you get him so late. This spot was going to Belcoot, but i don't know, i just don't like him as much.

Back Row

Ayda (Suikoden2) - I know your shocked. The best bow user in the world plus with great hawk and an earth rune she can be the best support attacker ever! Support attack is what makes an archer tick.

Millie (Suikoden2) - Millie always ends up in my party during that game, i just love her boomerang, i know she isn't the best mage ever and i know she doesn't hit the hardest, but still slap a blue gate rune on her head and... boom!

Sigurd (Suikoden4) - Cute and strong what more do you want?
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Time for my latest dreamteam to be posted. I have more than 6 characters i would like to carry around so an entourage is needed.

Front row:
Isabel - The attitude, the weapon, the hair, the outfit.
Hazuki - Parries like crazy and i like her outfit a lot.
Richard - Parries even crazier, critical hits are more rule than exception.

Back row:
Flare - One of the best characters in Tactics in my opinion.
Bernadette - One of the most underrated mages, very good for support as well.
Urda - VERY powerful archer, also an elf who discriminates against humans.

Entourage:
Lazlo - What can i say. I love the Rune of Punishment.
Miakis - I love her attitude, she also hits critical, if not killer, a lot.
Kika - Most AWESOME!!! pirate ever. Second best redhead overall (Isabel is #1)
Zerase - AWESOME!!! mage who isn't all that bad at physical combat. Holds the very AWESOME!!! star rune.

Hmm, much SV characters yes?
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish this was possible:

--Front Row--
Geddoe
Hugo
Chris
--Back Row--
Riou
Jowy
Tir

Basically, a True Rune Team
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row
Georg
Riou
Pasmerga
Back Row
Jeane
Ted
Luc

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Front Row

- Raven = well he got useful to lure enemy attack because his perfect dodge....

- Georg Prime = he useful for attacking...

- Flik = his lighting rune is useful and he has great attk...

Back Row

- Mazus = his magic stat is so powerful..

- Urda = hs magic and bow skill is truly honorable

- chatari = critical, critical critical.... whoo!

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are the characters on my suikoden dream team:

FRONT ROW
Tir McDohl: He is actually the dream main character that would be in my party. He is also there so he can unite with Kai for the master pupil attack which attacks all enemies, does good damage (if weapons are sharpened) and the fact that nobody gets unbalanced.

Belcoot: He is definately a good swordsman to have in the front line cause he can parry and counterattack almost any physical attack coming his way. You just have to give him the chance by raising his level.

Gau: He is there cause he look cool and unique and is one of my favourite characters in Suikoden 4. He uses fists and can attack 3 times in one command.

BACK ROW
Kai: He is there to be a support character just in case anyone needs healing or one of the characters die in the front row. He is also there for the master pupil attack he can do with Tir.

Jeane: The mage of my party. She can do serious damage by equipping thunder or rage runes on her. Enough said.

Sharmista: The archer of my party and a good all rounder with decent magic power enabling you to equip healing/attack runes such as Cyclone or Flowing. Overall a good long range character to have in your dream party.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Vyren

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to go with:

Luc
Oulan
Zamza
Mizuki
Kirkis
Lilly Pendragon.

Luc is obviously a very good magician, I always shoved him at the back and saved him for bosses because I love him.<3

Oulan I used all the way I could through GS2, she did pretty good damage from what I remember.

Zamza was hilarious<3 He was.. okayish as melee, but was also not bad with a rune. Plus I always love hand to hand fighters.

Mizuki was one cool neenjar, that's so my only reason. I just liked her as a char. XD

LOVED Kirkis in 1, I was obsessed with him at school and I have no idea why. He was ok with a rune.. pretty good actually if I remember, and he didn't suck with arrows. XD

Lilly. 'Nuff said.
paolomiguel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pretty much like evryone but here are my Dream Team:

~Flik- He is cool. I wonder why he only got in on suikoden I and II.

~Jeane- She is hot!!!!

~Jeremy- I like his attitude.

~Millay- I like her. she looks like a great warrior and with poise. :)

~Riou- He is my favorite Hero on Suikoden.

~Viki- Teleporting is always fun. :)

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm redoing my dream team, since there's been some new releases and such.
I'm going suikoden V style!

Front Row:
-Futch (Suikoden III) Mostly for the fact I'm in love with him. :) Okay he's a dragon knight, and a good front liner... ... ... okay he's hot, lemme alone.

-Fred (Suikoden III) He's a tank, S in shield block, he can take massive damage and deal out quite a punch himself :)

-Belcoot (Suikoden V) He can take damage really well, plus he's great with parry, weapon defense, what have you. He counters quite often as well. He also hits for large damage, and helps complete my wall of hotness.

Back row:
-Luc (Suikoden III) He's the king of fashion sense, hands down. He has True Wind, and I just have this loving affinity to wind. I've loved him ever since the first game, he and Futch were my constants from I-III, I just can't leave him out. Oh, and he makes things blow up good. My offensive mage.

-Sasarai (Suikoden III) Okay, I have this thing with family and relationship ties. Sasarai needs to follow Luc around, I don't care if they sorta want to kill each other. They could get along! Okay, and his little uniform is just adorable. :) Less hair and fashion sense than his brother, but I'll take him. Plus he's refreshing when Luc is being a tool, can always count on Sasarai to be cute. Mostly for support, but he can be used offensively as well.

-Simeon(Suikoden Tactics) Okay, so he's not a true Star of Destiny, but if tactics had stars, he'd be one. I like him too much not to inlcude him, so here goes. Okay, smexy voice or whaaaaaat? And the white hair just wins me over.. I have to keep him. Adept in magic, he's my main healer, I'm sure he could be useful in offense too ;)

Entourage:

-Tir McDohl(Suikoden I) My favorite main character, I just have this super love for Tir. Okay so he doesn't talk, but he still ha a bit of personality I tell you. I'm sure he's all angsty and full of loathing ever since he's gotten the soul eater and has had the time to reflect on his as far as I can say, crappy life. He just fits into that flawed character concept, like Luc, that I just fall in love with.

-Marina(Suikoden V) She's grown on me, and I just can't bring myself to split her and Belcoot up. To hell with the inn, heal your man! Her support ability is great, and her taste in men is admirable. You pass lady ^^

-Selma(Suikoden IV)My favorite female character, not to mention being an elf, she's extremely well adept in battle. She look cool, and her hair is nice, even if it is a swampy sort of green. She's an elf, it's okay! Plus, she has more sense than some of her race, and can stop being a tool long enough to figure out that not all humans are bad. Nice job, yer elf queen.

-Bright(Suikoden III) There's no way I could split up Futchy and his dragon, so here he is! Plus, who wouldn't want a dragon on their party, zooom flying! I have to admit, he's pretty cool looking too. There's always the switch in to let Futch and Bright be a mounted combo. Yar, possibilites!

Honorable mentions:
-Klaus (Suikoden II)
-Sigurd (Suikoden IV)
-Milia (Suikoden I)
-Lo Wen (Suikoden II)
-Kasumi (Suikoden I/II)

-My DeviantArt-
blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Belcoot (Suikoden V) - He should be in front all times. He has great defense. If Belcoot's defense skill is on S, he will be unstoppable in blocking the basic physical attacks of the enemies.

Kika (Suikoden IV) - Her falcon rune is just like Belcoot's. She has strong attacks and her falcon rune is soooo dominating.

Viktor (Suikoden II) - He rocks his sword and he rocks his body!

Ted (Suikoden IV) - His soul eater rune will surely be useful.

Zerase (Suikoden V) - She has high magic stat. She does great damage.

Bernadette (Suikoden V)- The healer in the game with the use of her flowing rune. And if all are healthy, she could attack fairly enough to defeat the enemy.

Entourage
Egbert (Suikoden V) - Potch is good.
Rania (Suikoden V) - Music is very entertaining.
Tal (Suikoden IV) - He can be swapped with Viktor if needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: